I finally found some other twitchers!

This forum is for posting your personal experiences with BFS: symptoms, doctor visits, fears, etc.

Please use this forum to post give and recieve encoragement and reassurance from sharing the trials and triumphs you have faced.

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

I finally found some other twitchers!

Postby BlondeBoss on February 5th, 2004, 7:54 pm

I've been experiencing the twitches and "thumpers" like many of you describe. They started about 5 years ago and I, like you, thought I had ALS or some other terrible disease. They occur allover; I've even had them in my "privates" (that's an interesting sensation). But, they are primarily on my left side as well. I figured if I had ALS, I would know fairly quickly based on my research but I 've never lost any of my strength. I've not discussed my symptoms with my doctor. But, I plan to during an appt. I have in April. I have no idea why they started. Other than reducing stress, are there any other supplements that help? This condition is primarly annoying and hard to describe to others. [/b]
BlondeBoss

Postby garym on February 5th, 2004, 8:29 pm

BB,

If you've been suffering for 5 years, you can probably rule out als and also anything else bad. I'm glad you found the board, it is a very positive place. So i say, "welcome, but sorry you need to be here" :lol:

Gary
garym

Admirable!

Postby Jayel on February 5th, 2004, 8:56 pm

Good grief! How did you go for 5 years and not mention the twitching to your doctor? I am amazed and impressed. It says an awful lot about your character. I wish I could grab on to your attitude, it is really hard. Have you ever had any feeling of weakness--like tired limbs--but not true weakness? I, along with others on the forum, experience this, which for me, keeps me a bit on guard.

Anyways, ditto what Gary said...WELCOME!

Jayel
Jayel
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby Jenn311 on February 6th, 2004, 1:49 am

Hey welcome Blonde one. I have been twitching the same amount of time as you! I wish I could have handled it with such grace. I'm working on it though...

OK, I have a trivia question for you: Who sings this song?

It's hotter than a furnace fan, out in Arizona,
a hundred and ten ain't nothin' when you live out there, you see...
?
I hope at least the people from Texas will get this one right...
(No, it's not Willie Nelson.)

Glad you are here!
Jen
Jenn311
Saint
Saint

Thank you for your welcome!

Postby BlondeBoss on February 6th, 2004, 12:45 pm

Thanks for your warm welcome! To you, Jayel, I do experience a sort of weakness in my arms. That actually was my first symptom and when I started researching about my symptoms, I was very scared. Then, the twitchs started in my legs, like bugs were crawling on me. I kept checking for a bug and there wasn't one! Gradually the twitches got worse and traveled around. I've gotten used to the feeling of weakness and I know my strength is there when I need it. We moved about 5 months ago and I was able to lift and load with no problems. To Jen, sorry I don't know that song! Give me a litte time, maybe I'll remember! Bye for now! :D
BlondeBoss

Thank you for your welcome!

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Experiences with BFS