Joint popping

This forum is for posting your personal experiences with BFS: symptoms, doctor visits, fears, etc.

Please use this forum to post give and recieve encoragement and reassurance from sharing the trials and triumphs you have faced.

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Joint popping

Postby Jayel on January 11th, 2004, 5:28 pm

I should have included this one in the "buzzing", but does anyone have joints that "pop" continually? I have been seeing a chiropractor and ever since, my hip sockets, shoulders, elbows, etc... seem to pop. Just wondering if this is any sort of a wierd by-product of BFS or any other know pathology, besides old age :lol:

Jayel
Jayel
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

poppin' around

Postby twitchaholic on January 12th, 2004, 10:26 am

My knees started popping right after I noticed my calves twtiching. ALso have stiffness in the knees. My calves twitch 24/7. Don't know if this is all related but thought you should know you are not alone in the popping. Every once in a while I have other pops but mostly the knees. I think it may be old age :D Have a doctor friend who pops but does not twitch and we were joking about how it was again so who knows?!
twitchaholic

poppin' around

Postby twitchaholic on January 12th, 2004, 10:27 am

My knees started popping right after I noticed my calves twtiching. ALso have stiffness in the knees. My calves twitch 24/7. Don't know if this is all related but thought you should know you are not alone in the popping. Every once in a while I have other pops but mostly the knees. I think it may be old age :D Have a doctor friend who pops but does not twitch and we were joking about how it was again so who knows?!
twitchaholic

Postby speg on May 16th, 2004, 4:43 pm

Jayel,

Are your joints still popping? Mine are doing it bad and I am scared!

Peg
speg
Hero
Hero

popping

Postby Jayel on May 17th, 2004, 9:44 am

You know, I was going for daily chiropratic treatments on my neck and since I have stopped, so has most of my popping! I wonder if some chondroitin for joints wouldn't be good. Try not to worry, especially if you have your strength!

Jayel
Jayel
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby speg on May 17th, 2004, 10:33 am

I have my strength (other than perceived weakness) and am in no pain other than generalized muscle tension and aches. Seems it is related to the loosening of the joints? I'm not seeing a chiropracter, though.
speg
Hero
Hero

Postby Floater on July 4th, 2004, 10:25 pm

i have joint popping with my bfs...it can be very scary at first...but it gets better over time... i feel the joint popping is caused by nerve irratation around the joints,,and also fasciculations in tendons and muscles can probably misplace the muscle or tendon,,causing a loosing in the joints..

just a theory
Floater
Saint
Saint

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Experiences with BFS