My story with a new odd symptom?

This forum is for posting your personal experiences with BFS: symptoms, doctor visits, fears, etc.

Please use this forum to post give and recieve encoragement and reassurance from sharing the trials and triumphs you have faced.

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Postby njman on October 27th, 2008, 3:33 pm

I started twitching about 10 years ago. being a health professional I immediately thought the worse. I saw multiple neurologists and had all the testing required to put my mind at ease. Every few years it seems to start again or I think I see some atrophy and another round of testing allays my fears.
For the past few years all has been well. About 2 weeks ago while drinking a glass of soda, I noticed an odd sensation in my chin are beneath my lip. It felt suddenly weak. I took a look in the mirror and there were fasics in the small muscle beneath my lip. Of course I also thought the left side looked different in terms of muscle size when compared to the right. Whenever I would pucker the muscle would twitch.
From there i started thinking about bulbar ### and thought I stumbled on my words or spit when I was talking. After 2 weeks the area still feels strange. It is no more than a quarter sized area. I continue to run a few miles daily and lift weights, so no other symtpoms. I see the Neuro next week. Hopefull all is well.
njman
Interested
Interested

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Experiences with BFS