newly here, 18 years history

This forum is for posting your personal experiences with BFS: symptoms, doctor visits, fears, etc.

Please use this forum to post give and recieve encoragement and reassurance from sharing the trials and triumphs you have faced.

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Postby freebird on April 28th, 2008, 2:01 pm

Sorry about my English, actually my native language is Chinese.
I just found this forum last Fri. I think I may be the first Chinese here.
Although I am in my early thirties, but I have experienced this symptom for nearly more than 18 years. I have already passed the period fearing ALS. One of my neurologist almost diagnosed me as ALS when I was in college, without EMG, only by the symptoms I told him and by my slim figure. I have thought I might not have time to enjoy the happyness with my lover and my kids. That was really a terrible experience.
Now more than ten years passed by, I am still alive and have a sweet family. But the symptoms still there. I don't care the cramp here and there. What bothers me a lot is the facial twitch when I am holding a smile. I dare not to tell my friends about my feeling, only my husband and my mother know this thing. But this really changed my personality. I am afraid of meeting strangers and shaking hands with them. It is really a embarrassing time for me. I am very sad about this. How do I dream a healthy smile! And I think this will interfere my career development, because I am so shy to meet strangers.
I am very glad to find this forum. This is a really a good place for twitcher to support each other. Thank you all.
freebird

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Experiences with BFS