Bad news touches everyone

Use this area for any non-BFS related conversation

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Bad news touches everyone

Postby kit on October 3rd, 2007, 8:42 am

Hey guys, just wanted to let you know that I haven't forgotten about any of you and think of you all during the days. I have not been around but for PMs lately as things have become quite stressful as of late. I have been unwell, not BFS, but rather likely a complication of the stress of that and everything else in my life lately. I am having some fairly sevee digestive issues and have been going through testing. Luckily, it is benign but very annoying. However, I learned last night for certain that my dad has cancer that has likely metastasized to his bones. I have had his blood work for about 2 months and as you can imagine, sometimes it is not good to have too much information. His Doctor confirmed what I had already known but there is no cheer in being correct this time. Tough thing for a Daddy's girl. I had my major breakdown last night, and as you know my husband is still away, had to discuss this with my daughters and now I am in "rock" mode - my mom and dad need me.

I am devastated but hopeful and needless to say my stomach is not doing too good today :wink:

I would appreciate your thoughts and prayers and I will still be around here and there as I do miss you. Of course if anyone has questions or concerns you KNOW you can PM me anytime. The distraction is good for me.

I will tell you this, please enjoy your days don't let this steal precious time. Don't stress yourself more than necessary, I can tell you from personal experience it is not healthy. I still twitch but it is so small a concern to me at the moment. I wish you all acceptance and the ability to move on.

I love you for being there for me and letting me help when I could. I'll see you all around.
With love,
Kit
"Life is not always what one wants it to be, but to make the best of it, as it is, is the only way of being happy"
kit
Saint
Saint

Postby zekebcfs on October 3rd, 2007, 10:29 am

Kit
I am very sorry your father has cancer. I know it is very hard being in your position and maybe not being able to do anything. It does prove our little BFS/BCFS is nothing compared to what others go through. You do indeed sound and I can feel you love your father very much through your words. I hope there is treatment for his condition. He has a wonderful daughter in you.

When I leave this earth myself I want to know that I left behind a treasure in my children that will make others lives meaningful as you have done with your wisdom. Your father and mother indeed raised a wonderful person in you. I wish you well and will pray for your father. I hope you get over your stomach issues soon.

Your last paragraphs also hits home with me since I am always on the go. Today I filled out my jobs performance self appraisal one of the items I put for impovment was to take more time for me. I mean that because I know working yourself to the bone shortens our lives and reduces its quality. Please don't stay away to long.
Zekebcfs
"Keep them busy busy busy, back on the farm with the other animals." We are kept so busy with business (or busyness) that we do not understand or participate in the decisions and events that will crucially affect our future.
zekebcfs
Saint
Saint

Postby SuziQ on October 3rd, 2007, 4:39 pm

oh kit, I'm so sorry for all you are going through.
I lost my mom to lung cancer 14 years ago and it still feels like yesterday. I know all too well what you mean by "knowing too much," I'm a nurse, of course and my sister is a cytotechnologist who was part of the team who looked at my mother's pathology sample. Too close to home.

It is a whirlwind, and heartwrenching, and overwhelming. And all I can say is that I will be praying that God will carry you through it. I know He will, it's just that it might not be evident until you look back, years from now. So, perhaps the more appropriate prayer would be that you would KNOW in the present that God....is present.

For me, it was one of those trials where I just had to put one foot in front of the other, take one day, one step at a time. Your children are your greatest challenge in this, but also your biggest asset. Not only will they distract and focus you, but they will remind you of the legacy your Dad has handed down.

Hugs, my friend...
Sue
Be careful about reading health books. You may die of a misprint.
Mark Twain
SuziQ
Saint
Saint

Postby DoubleD on October 3rd, 2007, 4:41 pm

Hi Kit,

Sorry to hear about your dad. I will be praying for him and your whole family.

DD
" By this all men will know that you are my diciples, if you love one another." John 13:35

10 years BFS
24/7 twitches all over
Cramps, tingling, buzzing, and a host of other weird things
Until you own your BFS, you will never disown als
DoubleD
Saint
Saint

Postby garym on October 3rd, 2007, 5:20 pm

Kit,

You are in my thoughts and prayers!!!

Take care,

Gary
garym

Postby basso on October 4th, 2007, 6:58 am

Hey, Kit, that sucks. I know exactly what you are going through and it is very draining. Remember, take care of yourself. It is so easy to get run-down caring for everyone, and being every one's worrier...'k? :D

When my own father was dying we had the most beautiful time of our lives together. I came from a family where we never hugged, and rarely spoke affectionately to each other. My family is large, so perhaps the parents were tired. LOL Anyway, when my dad got cancer I went to see him after his first, of many operations. This man, who only ever shook my hand, embraced me tightly and told me that he loved me. Clunk, I know. I didn't want to cry in front of him, but we held each other for a long time, and it is a beautiful memory now. I told him that I loved him too, and we said it many more times to each other before he finally passed. One thing that really amazed me was that he noticed the aromas of everything. This man, who had lost his ability to smell many years before, was suddenly noticing the most subtle of scents.

What I learned, I think, is it is not death which is imminent, but rather hope, love, and living.

Take care of yourself first...that's an order.

Basso
basso
Saint
Saint

Postby k9ck on October 4th, 2007, 9:50 am

Kit,

There is nothing I know to say to make this journey easier. But I am sending lots of hugs and prayers to get you through this tough journey.
Take care of yourself as Basso said.

Terri
k9ck
Hero
Hero

Postby Chris swl on October 5th, 2007, 6:52 am

Hi
My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family today and always.
If you need anything, anything, just pm.

God Bless

Chris Sewell.
Good luck to all with BFS/BCFS
Chris swl
Saint
Saint

Postby kit on October 5th, 2007, 9:24 am

To all of you,
Words can not express how touched I am. Most of you were a light to me when I was in a dark place when my BFCS started and have become friends. Your kind thoughts and prayers are again a light to me. We will know much more next week after he goes through all of the staging and testing but I am hopeful. Most importantly HE is hopeful and that as I have learned through my life and career is THE MOST IMPORTANT.

Thank you. When I found this forum, I took the longest time to post because I am not an internet chat type of person. It tickles me today to think that I have people, who I have never met, but I consider dear friends.

Thank you for that and all the rest. I will not stay away too long.
Love to you,
Kit
"Life is not always what one wants it to be, but to make the best of it, as it is, is the only way of being happy"
kit
Saint
Saint

Postby Jeliota on October 5th, 2007, 10:00 am

so very sorry to hear all your news. my prayers are with you and your family.
Jeliota
Hero
Hero

Postby sueboy on October 5th, 2007, 10:22 am

Kit,
I am so sorry to hear about your father. You and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Sue
sueboy
Hero
Hero

Postby Christina on October 5th, 2007, 11:05 am

Kit,

Sorry to hear of your news. Try to keep strong, and we are all sending thoughts and prayers your way.

Please care for yourself.....find a little time.

Christina
Life is short. Forgive quickly. Kiss slowly.
Christina
Saint
Saint

Postby JMan on October 6th, 2007, 3:08 pm

I'll pray for you and your father as well. Some of the advances they have made in cancer treatment in the last few years are remarkable. I'll be praying he sticks around awhile.

You were there for me when I was feeling down. Please know that I (and many other "strangers" on this board) are ready to help in anyway we can. Just say how.

Take care of yourself and stay positive,

J.
JMan
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby dtmguy on October 6th, 2007, 5:38 pm

Kit, I'm with you too!

Thanks for your help in this forum. I can also relate to the pain of GI issues (I'm a Nutcracker Esoph man with IBS).

I will be praying for your family as you go through this difficult time.

You know, you are free to PM us with non-doctor issues as well!

-Dave
dtmguy
Hero
Hero

Postby paulreason on October 11th, 2007, 3:00 pm

Ive just lost my very close sister in law last Monday to cancer she was only in her late forties,she gave me great support over my problems the last 18 months or so and now shes gone.Sorry to hear about your dads diagnosis hope you are o.k.
paulreason
Hero
Hero

Sponsor

Sponsor

Next

Return to The Lounge (Off-Topic Conversations)