to any doctors/nurses out there

Use this area for any non-BFS related conversation

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

to any doctors/nurses out there

Postby kateS on September 23rd, 2007, 7:02 pm

I know this is really off topic, but I was wondering if anyone can give me some insight about a problem my father is experiencing. He has pneumonia and is being treated for this--but he has this developing issue which is bile or bilirubin in his urine and he can't seem to go to the bathroom much even though he is taking in fluids. He doesn't have pain but feels slightly bloated in his abdomen. He got full bloodwork done and is having an ultrasound wednesday. The docs do not believe it is hepatitis and I suppose I am worried about the big "C"--although the docs have not said this, but believe there is a blockage in the liver. Like I mentioned earlier he just began to develop these symptoms last Wednesday and has no prior complaints. He has asthma, but otherwise is healthy 65 year old man, doesn't drink a drop, smoke or drink soda or anything of the sort. I am really really worried, but maybe I am thinking of worst case senario-- is there something less serious then say cancer that could cause these symptoms.

If anyone has any input, I would sppreciate this...but I know this is a bfs forum so knowledge may be limited in this area. Thanks
Kate
kateS
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby SuziQ on September 23rd, 2007, 8:58 pm

Hi Kate,
This could be gallstones, which are causing an obstruction. That would be the most common etiology.

Gallstones can be asymptomatic in some people.

Hope this helps. Don't fret until you are given a reason to do so, ok?

Let us know how things go. We'll be praying.

Blessings,
Sue
Be careful about reading health books. You may die of a misprint.
Mark Twain
SuziQ
Saint
Saint

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to The Lounge (Off-Topic Conversations)