Thought this was interesting...

Use this area for any non-BFS related conversation

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Postby wjjw on September 20th, 2007, 4:16 pm

Christina wrote:I just hope this isn't contagious...there seems to be a lot of pregnancy around here! I don't need 18 years between my kids.....

My boys are 7 and 10, and my wife is pregnant with twins, both girls.

Shelley wrote:That means 5 years between each of my kids. I should have my head examined!

I examine my head regularly. I highly recommend it. If you don’t control the content, someone else will.
A knowledge of the existence of something we cannot penetrate, of the manifestations of the profoundest reason and the most radiant beauty, which are only accessible to our reason in their most elementary forms--Albert Einstein
wjjw
Saint
Saint

Postby basso on September 20th, 2007, 5:18 pm

I am all in favour of the boinking, but I will leave the kids to you young-ins...that includes you Bill. :P

Congrats Shelley, sitting on the fence hurts, anyway. I once jumped a fence and got caught in the middle...smack, right on the family jewels. I'm surprised I was able to father after that. Hmmm, the kids don't really look like me, come to think of it. :shock:

If you don't want kids, SuziQ, how about getting your belly button pierced with me, Jen, and Christina? :D

Basso
basso
Saint
Saint

Postby SuziQ on September 20th, 2007, 6:09 pm

Basso,
If I ever got my naval pierced, I'm afraid I'd never find the belly-button ring again. It would be lost forever in the deepest of abysses, along with enough lint to choke a horse. Wait, should that be abyssi? Abyssese? :oops:

Blessings,
Sue
Be careful about reading health books. You may die of a misprint.
Mark Twain
SuziQ
Saint
Saint

Postby Christina on September 20th, 2007, 6:35 pm

Bill...your wife is expecting twin girls???? How wonderful! Any advice I can give you regarding twins....just ask!

This certainly is a fertile group. Well Basso has always said it...BFS will not slow down romance...and the twitching seems to add a little something extra :lol:

I am starting to crochet baby blankets...so far I am counting three pink, and one blue...one still to find out.

Congrats to all......

Love,

Christina
Life is short. Forgive quickly. Kiss slowly.
Christina
Saint
Saint

Postby wjjw on September 20th, 2007, 7:03 pm

Christina wrote:Bill...your wife is expecting twin girls???? How wonderful! Any advice I can give you regarding twins....just ask!

Christina, thank you. I may take you up on the advice in the future. Both sons were born 2 months early, and twins increase the odds of preterm birth. We’re at almost 28 weeks and praying for a few more. It was thought we wouldn’t make it this far. I expect to be spending some time in the NICU again.

Yeah basso, leave the kids to us young-ins. Thank god for those “weird exercises” and Qi Gong, at least I feel like I’m 22, and I’m gonna need it…
A knowledge of the existence of something we cannot penetrate, of the manifestations of the profoundest reason and the most radiant beauty, which are only accessible to our reason in their most elementary forms--Albert Einstein
wjjw
Saint
Saint

Postby Jens_twitch on September 21st, 2007, 1:29 pm

Yeah Bill I am so happy for you.
Jens_twitch
Hero
Hero

Postby Jennhaz on September 21st, 2007, 2:52 pm

OMG CONGRATS SHELLEY!!! How exciting. I am very happy for you. My husband and I are going to start trying now that he is home and we are now settled. I am really afraid since I am 36 and will be 37 in March. So afraid that I am thinking maybe I should not. Anyway congrats to youuuuu.. :D .

Bill,
CONGRATS TO YOU ALSO! Twins, how fun and how busy you will be.

Jenn
Jesus bore my sickness and carried my pain. Therefore I give no place to sickness or pain. For God sent His Word and healed me. (Ps.107:20)

"Life is what happens to you while you are making other plans!!"
Jennhaz
Saint
Saint

Postby Christina on September 21st, 2007, 7:29 pm

Bill,

I was told that I was going to deliver early too. I ended up going 38 weeks, lol. Caitlyn was 7lb. 4oz., and Courtney was 6lbs. 1oz.....so I was huge...and very uncomfortable at that point. If you can get to 32 weeks that would be a real good thing. You are going to go from a "normal" size family to a BIG family...things are going to change big time! It is going to be great. Bill...you will find this funny, when I was first pregnant this woman came up to me and told me I was having twins (before I knew), she told me that one was an old soul, had been here many times before, and the other was brand new. I will never forget that, at the time it really freaked me out (she was a scary person.) When I was told I was having twins several weeks later I remembered what she said! Since they were born I have been trying to get clues as to which one is new, and who has been here before.....just when I have it figured out, they do something that changes my mind! This has been going on for 18 years,lol.

Jenn...good luck with the trying, keep us posted....

Christina
Life is short. Forgive quickly. Kiss slowly.
Christina
Saint
Saint

Postby Cardu on September 21st, 2007, 9:40 pm

Hey Shelley. Congrats girl! Wouldn't it be cool if you got the same news as Jen.....twins?!?!
I am happy for you. As I always say.....what a true blessing.
Take care of yourself.
Amy
Cardu
Saint
Saint

Postby wjjw on September 22nd, 2007, 4:32 am

Jenn & Jenn, thanks.

Christina, very interesting. After 18 years if you can’t tell, I’d say the “seer” probably just got that part wrong. My wife is not normally psychic, but her circumstances triggered a genuine psychic impression when she was first pregnant. She was at the kids’ school and looked at one of the other mothers as she walked by. She appeared to my wife as pregnant—like really big, 8 or 9 months. My wife was very surprised, and did a double take. This time, she saw that the woman was not pregnant, and thought “that’s weird??” Two days later, the woman announced that she was pregnant, and had the same due date as my wife. I believe it was that link that triggered the impression.
wjjw
Saint
Saint

Sponsor

Sponsor

Previous

Return to The Lounge (Off-Topic Conversations)