Funny Morning

Use this area for any non-BFS related conversation

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Funny Morning

Postby Angie on September 5th, 2007, 9:23 am

I thought my fellow BFS members might see the humor in my experience this morning.

My son started first-grade today (yeah!) The morning was a little harried getting back into the early morning routine. I was rushing around trying to make sure we didn't forget anything. I remembered to take the first day of school picture with the lunchbox and everything. All seemed to be going pretty smoothly.

Then, as I was driving him to school, I realize I can't see very well out of my right eye. I can tell there is a definite difference between my right eye and my left eye and a little panic sets in. I squint the left eye and then the right eye and wonder if my MRI missed anything important. Thoughts of calling the doctor when I get back run through my mind as I try to keep up a positive front for my son before dropping him off at school.

Then my son yells from the back seat, "Mom, what's wrong with your glasses?" So, I put my hand up to my sunglasses and accidentally poke myself in the left eye. My son can see from the back seat in my visor mirror that the lense was missing on the left side of my sunglasses. Now I've poked myself in the left eye and he thinks this is the funniest thing ever. It gave him a good laugh before his first day of school and I have to laugh at myself, too.

So a word to the wise, before worrying about MS, make sure you're not missing a lense in your sunglasses. :wink: Sometimes the fear we have associated with this condition can sink in before we even realize it's there and we end up poking ourselves in the eye for no good reason!

Have a good day,
Angie
Angie
Saint
Saint

Postby kit on September 5th, 2007, 1:20 pm

AMEN!!!
"Life is not always what one wants it to be, but to make the best of it, as it is, is the only way of being happy"
kit
Saint
Saint

Postby k9ck on September 5th, 2007, 2:08 pm

That is too funny...Our minds are so fragile, people, like us with health anxiety sometimes just can't accept the simple fact we could possible be healthy..Without any deadly diseases.

Thanks for sharing.

Terri
k9ck
Hero
Hero

Postby Christina on September 5th, 2007, 4:40 pm

Angie,

That is too funny!

I was thinking as I read it, thank God for this forum....where else could you tell people that you did that, and why you were so worried....and they would understand? LOL :D

Christina
Life is short. Forgive quickly. Kiss slowly.
Christina
Saint
Saint

Postby Chris swl on September 7th, 2007, 3:51 am

Hi Angie
yes i am back but don't know for how long, with this stuppid internet provider. That was so funny, just what i needed today.

take care
Chris sewell
Good luck to all with BFS/BCFS
Chris swl
Saint
Saint

Postby Angie on September 7th, 2007, 7:51 am

Glad to see you're back Chris! Hope all went well with your daughter. Your family has been in my thoughts.

I also just want to say that I am so glad to have all of you here for your support and friendship. It's really been a help through the BFS process. I have a special place in my heart for everyone here and am feel grateful to find such comraderie.

By the way, my son said his first day of school was "Good...not great" but I guess that's to be expected :D . My eye recovered as well and I'm twitchy, but otherwise fine.

Happy twitching,
Angie
Angie
Saint
Saint

Postby Chris swl on September 7th, 2007, 11:48 am

Hi Angie.
i'm pleased your eye is ok. My family is good at the moment, my son is now at his new high school and Anna's eyes are fine.
I have missed my BFS family so much not being able to connect to the internet.

I hope you have a good week-end and hope things are good for you at the moment. We are enjoying some late summer sun here up North of the UK,at the moment, so i,m off up the coast to Bambugh Castle on Saturday 15 miles up the coast,
Or may be we will pop to Scotland 50mile up coast. This place is so green and lush at the moment, Northumberland is a beautiful place.

Speak to you soon,take care.

Chris Sewell
Good luck to all with BFS/BCFS
Chris swl
Saint
Saint

Postby Alayne on September 7th, 2007, 12:48 pm

Hi Chris,
Glad your daughter is fine :) Yes, you are spoilt for choice for beautiful places to visit in your area. I love Lindisfarne on Holy Island 8) . Have a good w/e.
Alayne
Alayne
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to The Lounge (Off-Topic Conversations)