Hey!

Use this area for any non-BFS related conversation

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Hey!

Postby Jennhaz on August 24th, 2007, 8:16 am

How did the pic of "The Secret" get under my name? Ok, who done it? lol..Jenn
Jesus bore my sickness and carried my pain. Therefore I give no place to sickness or pain. For God sent His Word and healed me. (Ps.107:20)

"Life is what happens to you while you are making other plans!!"
Jennhaz
Saint
Saint

Postby basso on August 24th, 2007, 11:20 am

If someone has placed an avatar of "The Secret" on under Jenn's name, this would seem a serious breach of etiquette, not to mention privacy. I would hate to think that there are those out there with the ability to do as they want with another person's account. We all have very private exchanges via the pms, and it is unsettling that someone with a pernicious nature, might gain access to these. It is not only privacy issue, but also a "health" one. It gives one serious pause as to whether this site can hereafter be trusted.

Basso
basso
Saint
Saint

Postby wjjw on August 24th, 2007, 11:32 am

Yeah, who the hell would do such a thing!?! Come on, speak up...
A knowledge of the existence of something we cannot penetrate, of the manifestations of the profoundest reason and the most radiant beauty, which are only accessible to our reason in their most elementary forms--Albert Einstein
wjjw
Saint
Saint

Postby wjjw on August 24th, 2007, 12:03 pm

…okay, okay, I apologize for my pernicious nature and complete lack of board etiquette. But your accounts and PMs are completely safe. All I did was put a picture on my own website. I was wondering how long it would take Jenn to figure out it was me. :P

I was wondering why Jenn’s avatar was a “missing link” image, so yesterday I did a “view source” to look at the HTML code. I was surprised to see that Jenn’s pic was a link to my old website! Last year, I helped her edit her picture and copied it to my site, sending her a link thinking she would copy it, but apparently she set the image as a link. A while ago I was moving files to my new website and that’s when her avatar became a broken link. Jenn, you’re file has been restored. When you get a chance, copy the file and change your profile so that it is not linked to my site:

Right click on your picture and select "Save Picture As" then edit your profile and select "Upload avatar from your machine," browsing to the file you just saved.
A knowledge of the existence of something we cannot penetrate, of the manifestations of the profoundest reason and the most radiant beauty, which are only accessible to our reason in their most elementary forms--Albert Einstein
wjjw
Saint
Saint

Postby Jennhaz on August 24th, 2007, 12:56 pm

LOL..Actually when I put the post up I wrote, " who done it, Bill"? LOL..I knew it was you. I decided not to put your name up, justttt in case it wasnt you.

The reason I knew it was you was because you helped me get my original pic up way back when.

You can leave it up, I sort of like it :P ..Jenn
Jesus bore my sickness and carried my pain. Therefore I give no place to sickness or pain. For God sent His Word and healed me. (Ps.107:20)

Jennhaz
Saint
Saint

Postby Jennhaz on August 24th, 2007, 12:58 pm

LOL..ok I just noticed you put up the original now...too funny..I was wondering how I was going to put back up my original one the other day. Since I have changed using computers my pic has not been up..Thank you...lol..Jenn

Jennhaz
Saint
Saint

Postby garym on August 24th, 2007, 1:17 pm

This would have been a very serious issue, but now that it is explained, it is a non-issue. I'm glad it wasn't anything malicious.

Take care,

Gary
garym

Postby basso on August 25th, 2007, 10:15 am

I'm very disappointed this in a non-issue now, I had much more indignance to pour out. :wink: Oh, well I will have to wait for the next thing that raises my ire. Oh, by the way, I have a secret too, which I might call The Secret...but I'll never tell. :P

Basso
basso
Saint
Saint

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to The Lounge (Off-Topic Conversations)