Asking for help...again

Use this area for any non-BFS related conversation

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Asking for help...again

Postby Cardu on August 8th, 2007, 9:35 pm

I have tried numerous times to put a picture with my posts. Bill tried to explain it to me before, but I just can't get it. Of course, the picture is too big. If anyone can explain it to me, I would appreciate it. Send me a PM. It seems like I am the only one who can't fiqure it out. Thanks!
Amy
Cardu
Saint
Saint

Postby wjjw on August 9th, 2007, 6:46 am

Amy wrote:Bill tried to explain it to me before, but I just can't get it.

But he’ll keep trying until your picture appears. :wink:

If you’re running Windows, you can use MS Paint to scale the picture down to a small size. From the Start button, select:

Start -> Programs -> Accessories -> Paint

In MS Paint, use File -> Open and open the picture that you want to scale down. First save it under a different name so that you don’t modify the original. Select File -> Save As from the menu, and give it a new name. Now, to resize, select Image -> Stretch / Skew from the menu. If you want to make it 10 percent of its original size, enter 10 in both the horizontal and vertical boxes, then click OK. If you don’t like the size, you can select Edit -> Undo, and try another size until you get it as small as you want, then select File -> Save.

Upload the newly named file to AboutBFS by selecting the Profile link at the top of the page. Then, at the bottom where it says Avatar control panel, click Browse to upload an image from your machine. Locate the image file that you resized and Submit to save it.
A knowledge of the existence of something we cannot penetrate, of the manifestations of the profoundest reason and the most radiant beauty, which are only accessible to our reason in their most elementary forms--Albert Einstein
wjjw
Saint
Saint

Postby Cardu on August 9th, 2007, 8:41 am

Too funny Bill! You are here to assist again. I think this may help. I will keep trying. Thanks alot!
Amy
Cardu
Saint
Saint

Postby Cardu on August 9th, 2007, 8:50 am

Wow, I got it up there, but it's too small. Let me try again!

Now it's blurry. I'll keep trying.

I'm so excited I finally did it.
Thanks again Bill,
Amy
Cardu
Saint
Saint

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to The Lounge (Off-Topic Conversations)