Harry Potter (Warning: DON'T READ IF SENSITIVE!!)

Use this area for any non-BFS related conversation

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Harry Potter (Warning: DON'T READ IF SENSITIVE!!)

Postby garym on August 6th, 2007, 10:38 pm

JK with the subject line, but did want to warn people who may not be finished with it yet that I'm about to blab all the secrets to the final book :shock: :shock: :shock: .

Anyway, i finished Deathly Hallows the other day and I have to say that it was my favorite of the series. Any other HP fans out there? What did you guys think of the final book? I was happy that Harry, Ron and Hermione all 3 survived, but sad that the series is over.

:cry: ,

Gary
garym

Postby aussiekate on August 6th, 2007, 10:53 pm

Gary, I LOVE HARRY POTTER and thought it was brilliant! I could feel that Harry had really grown up in the last book!
aussiekate

Postby pacovega26 on August 6th, 2007, 11:03 pm

just 3 letters....

W O W

Yep...

Thats one good book... a classic.... although I felt nostalgia when closing the book. Hope my books last to be read or narrated to my sons and daughters.... (I am 19, so thats gonna be a while)

I beleive the best thing about the book is that you honestly feel than ANYONE could die. Just the way life is...

Cheers everyone

Luis
"Do you believe in destiny, Neo?"
"No"
"Why?"
"Because I don´t like the idea that I am not in control of my life"
pacovega26
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby garym on August 7th, 2007, 8:36 am

pacovega26 wrote:Hope my books last to be read or narrated to my sons and daughters....

I had that same thought....can't wait to read them to my daughter (she just turned 5 last week) and my son (just 16 months old).

Take care,

gary
garym

Postby kit on August 7th, 2007, 3:01 pm

I loved it!!! I don't always cry when I read books but JK Rowling is a brilliant author. I will miss all the characters. I can honestly say that I think the Goblet of Fire was my favorite book however the Order of the Phoenix was my least favorite book but my favorite so far out of the movies. I think the director did a brilliant job of consolidated 700+ pages and still really bringing dimension to Harry.

If you enjoyed the books I would recommend getting them on tape. Sometimes I need to travel and will listen to he books on CD with my daughters and sometimes by myself. It gives it a whole different dimension and brings them to life!
Kit
"Life is not always what one wants it to be, but to make the best of it, as it is, is the only way of being happy"
kit
Saint
Saint

Postby aussiekate on August 12th, 2007, 1:27 am

Goblet of Fire is my fav. too Kit. I watched it on DVD the other day. I love spending time in the parallel universe!
Still haven't seen Order of Phenoix at the movies so going to go this week I think.
aussiekate

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to The Lounge (Off-Topic Conversations)