Happy Thought

Use this area for any non-BFS related conversation

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Happy Thought

Postby Angie on August 3rd, 2007, 8:46 pm

Just wanted to share a happy thought with all of you that are stressing over all these strange symptoms.

My six-yr-old son doesn't like the fact that our dog is 'fixed' and can't have puppies. So, the other day we walking through the woods, when he tells me something along the lines that 'when I am older I will have enough money to have a mansion. When I have my mansion I will have a dog that can have all the puppies it wants, so I have a mansion full of puppies'. What's a nicer thought than a mansion full of puppies :lol: !

But then later at the grocery store, during the check out in front of the cashier, he blurts out "How do fish have birth?". Uh......Then I'm trying to remember my pin number and how fish have babies at the same time. So, I typed in my pin and said "They lay eggs, remember?" I hope that's right, anyhow. I got the pin number right which isn't half bad.

Just thought I'd share a laugh. Hope you all are well and have a great weekend.
Angie
Angie
Saint
Saint

Postby wjjw on August 6th, 2007, 6:36 am

Angie wrote:What's a nicer thought than a mansion full of puppies

A mansion full of German Shepherd puppies.
A knowledge of the existence of something we cannot penetrate, of the manifestations of the profoundest reason and the most radiant beauty, which are only accessible to our reason in their most elementary forms--Albert Einstein
wjjw
Saint
Saint

Postby Christina on August 6th, 2007, 3:43 pm

A mansion full of puppies...it sounds wonderful!!! German Shepard or Terriers (like mine).....no I just cannot think of anything nicer.

Thanks for sharing you little ones sweetness.

Christina
Life is short. Forgive quickly. Kiss slowly.
Christina
Saint
Saint

Postby kit on August 7th, 2007, 3:02 pm

Aaaaaaah a mansion full of puppies that is soooo sweet! Christina I knew I liked you I have a terrier too....Wheaten Terrier. He is a hoot!
Kit
PS Ang, you get extra points for getting the fish question right and remembering your pin number!!!
"Life is not always what one wants it to be, but to make the best of it, as it is, is the only way of being happy"
kit
Saint
Saint

Postby stevepaul on August 7th, 2007, 5:42 pm

Not someone else on here with a Wheaten.

Is there anyone else who is mad enough to have Salukis like I do.
"The wonder of the world, the beauty and the power, the shape of things,
their colours, lights and shades; these I saw. Look ye also while life lasts."

Denys Pitchford Watkins
stevepaul
Hero
Hero

Postby sharon slack on August 7th, 2007, 6:19 pm

Hey

Thats so cute. :lol: But I'm all for a mansion full of dobermans, but I have a maltese as well so I think it will have to be a bit of a mix!.

Take care all
Sharon
sharon slack
Saint
Saint

Postby wjjw on August 8th, 2007, 7:37 am

Here's a monastery full of German Shepherds. Their books on raising dogs are also good.

http://www.newsketemonks.com/dogs.htm
A knowledge of the existence of something we cannot penetrate, of the manifestations of the profoundest reason and the most radiant beauty, which are only accessible to our reason in their most elementary forms--Albert Einstein
wjjw
Saint
Saint

Postby Christina on August 8th, 2007, 8:36 am

Kit,

I have a wheaten, too!!! I love her to death. I had a golden, for 13 years before her, who was a love too. One of my kids developed dog allergies, so we got a wheaten after we put down the golden (she was very ill) this time round...and I could not be happier with the dog. I was always used to HUGE dogs, I had Great Danes growing up....but this dog has a great personality. After her (I cannot stand to think about that) we will most likely get another Wheaten.

Bill....my Aunt had the most wonderful shepard named Jenna...she was the SMARTEST dog, hands down I have ever known. Great dogs! Well, I love all dogs, in fact any animal....but especially the loyal dog.

Christina
Christina
Saint
Saint

Postby Christina on August 8th, 2007, 8:45 am

Bill,

I just went to their site....so nice....leave it to you to find it! I think I will order the book, I and Dog for my cousin for Christmas...also a dog nut. Thanks for sharing the site.

Did you get your pup from them?

Christina
Christina
Saint
Saint

Postby kit on August 8th, 2007, 9:31 am

I love Wheatens!!! My first Wheaten - Mattingly, yes I was a NY Yankees fan at the time was the most amazing dog. He died at 8, right after my first daughter was born from the genetic disease they suffer from. Devastating is the least of it. It took me three years before I could even think of getting another dog, and then we decided it would only be Wheatens for us although my husband is a German Shepard/Irish Setter kind of guy:) We got Mac, Macroom named after a town in Ireland that I was fond of and he is a European blend so actually he is a pretty good sized dog, about 60 pounds. He is a fabulous farm dog, we have 35 acres and horses. He also takes care of all of the snakes, and or icky things especially when my husband is away. Last night he got the bat (eeeeeew) in the house, but shook the night away under the bed during the thunder storm:)))
Kit
"Life is not always what one wants it to be, but to make the best of it, as it is, is the only way of being happy"
kit
Saint
Saint

Postby wjjw on August 8th, 2007, 1:21 pm

Christina wrote:Did you get your pup from them?

Christina, no I did not, but one of my neighbors got one of their dogs about 5 years ago. I had known about them and got their books when I got Max.
wjjw
Saint
Saint

Postby Alayne on August 8th, 2007, 3:37 pm

We always had German Shepherds while I was growing up, they're beautiful dogs, so loyal and affectionate. Now I have a West Highland Terrier who is so cute and lovable - we say every day that she's the perfect dog :D The only drawback is that we no longer go abroad for our holidays as we can't bear to leave her behind!
Alayne
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby Christina on August 8th, 2007, 5:44 pm

Kit,

mattingly is a cute name (as a Yankee fan myself) how bout Jeter next time?

Christina
Christina
Saint
Saint

Postby Angie on August 9th, 2007, 9:09 pm

It's so nice to hear about everyone's pets! I like the monastery full of German Shepards, too. Nice twist on the idea. I just love how kids have the purest, sweetest thoughts unrestrained from the harsh realities of life. Why not a mansion full of puppies? This week my son said it would be poodles, though I'm not sure why since we have a maltese and a fox terrier, but it's his mansion. I'm not going to tell him what kind of puppies to fill it up with :wink:

And thanks for appreciating my multi-tasking Kit. I knew you other moms out there would appreciate the many things we are called upon to know and do at the same time! I guess we know where my son's conversations are leading, but I'm putting that one off for as long as possible :D
Angie
Angie
Saint
Saint

Postby Ginlyn on August 10th, 2007, 3:40 am

How about a barn full of foals? (That would certainly make my day :D )

I guess I'll have to settle for the ones I have now, plus two toy poodles and a german shephard (although I'm leaning towards a doberman as my next dog) -- oops, almost forgot my two precious kitties.

Ginny
Ginlyn
Saint
Saint

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to The Lounge (Off-Topic Conversations)