Hi Guys

Use this area for any non-BFS related conversation

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Hi Guys

Postby Jennhaz on August 2nd, 2007, 8:12 pm

Hi there everyone :) ! I thought I would come in and see you and say hello and miss everyone..My husband and I are now in El Paso Texas. We have a very small apt but enough for us. I wanted to tell you guys that I am still feeling great. Yes I still twitch but not nearly as much as I use to, actually I dont even realize it anymore. As far as the internal shakes go those are actually gone except I did get them on the three day trip to El Paso which was strange. The only thing I could relate to this was very tired from driving 15 hrs a day and eating fast food all the time and not drinking water at all. I got settled in the hotel and the next day they were gone as I drank some water and started eating better and got some rest.

I have been dealing with rosacea which is bothering my eyes quite a bit. I have dryness and the lids swell and they are red. I also have facial flushing. My dx is vascular rosacea, not acne so it is not very friendly. I have been of course obsessed with this because I am so afraid that I am going to get really bad.

ANyway that is all with me. I wanted to tell you guys that there is a big change in my symptoms but I still do have pain in the morning, especially in hands if I do anything the day prior, like unpacking, lifting things like that. I hope you all are doing better and I will start posting again as soon as things calm down for my husband and I. Take care..Jenn
Jesus bore my sickness and carried my pain. Therefore I give no place to sickness or pain. For God sent His Word and healed me. (Ps.107:20)

"Life is what happens to you while you are making other plans!!"
Jennhaz
Saint
Saint

Postby garym on August 2nd, 2007, 9:22 pm

Jenn,

It is good to hear from you,,,,sorry about the rosacea. Hopefully that will improve soon.

On another note, I wanted to be the first to welcome you to Texas!!! It is the greatest Country :D on the planet,,,IMHO. Hope you enjoy your stay here.

Take care,

Gary
garym

Postby Mommyto3 on August 2nd, 2007, 10:28 pm

Hey Jenn,

I haven't "talked" to you before...have only been on here since May, but I wanted to let you know that I've had rosacea since I was 13. As long as you see a good dermatologist you can keep it under control. Avoid the spicey foods as much as possible (hard for me because I love chips and HOT salsa!) and alcohol can make it worse too :roll: but I still love my margaritas! :D You'll be fine. I was freaked out about for awhile in my early 20's after I saw some people on tv with TERRIBLE cases of it...but my dermatologist told me that those are the people that don't see a doctor and that there is absolutely no reason for it to get that bad. Not a big deal... promise! Take care.
Kristin
Mommyto3
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby Cardu on August 2nd, 2007, 10:53 pm

Hi Jenn. Great to hear from you! Glad you are feeling better and that you and your hubby are finally together. Take care and keep up posted on how you are doing.
Amy
Cardu
Saint
Saint

Postby Chris swl on August 3rd, 2007, 8:02 am

Hi

Nice to hear from you. hope all is well and have a good time in El Paso,

Wow i will give my age a way if i tell you i remember the song, Down in the deep Texes town of El Paso. OH I know, i remember my mam playing it on the record player. OH what's a recoerd player i hear most of you saying?
Who sang that song??

Once again enjoy!

Chris Sewell
Good luck to all with BFS/BCFS
Chris swl
Saint
Saint

Postby garym on August 3rd, 2007, 8:52 am

CHRIS SEWELL wrote:, Down in the deep Texes town of El Paso.
Who sang that song??
Chris Sewell

There is a song called, "El Paso" by Marty Robbins that goes, "out in the west Texas town of El Paso, I feel in love with a Mexican girl". Is that the song you are talking about?? If so, it is really a good "old timey" song.

Take care,

Gary
garym

Postby Jennhaz on August 3rd, 2007, 9:10 am

Yes, I remember that song..lol..I love the dry heat in El Paso, it beats the nasty humidity back at home, my hair no longer frizzes..oh yahhhh.lol. Everyone told me that I was not going to like the heat, but I find this not to be true and not so bad. Yes it is very hot but at home heat mixed with the humidity makes it worse for me. People seem to be very nice here and the apt. complex I live in has pools, tennis courts, gym, volleyball, obstacle course. I play while my poor husband goes to school all day..lol.

Gary - what part of Texas are you in?

Kristin,
Do you have acne rosacea or vascular? Do you get burning sensations on your face(flushes)? I do have some broken blood vessels on my face already and my eyelids swell so I am afraid I am going to be severe like those other people I talk to on the support group. I did find it encouraging when you said it doesnt have to get worse, thank you for that as this has been on my mind.

Thanks guys for saying hi...Hugzzz..Jenn
Jesus bore my sickness and carried my pain. Therefore I give no place to sickness or pain. For God sent His Word and healed me. (Ps.107:20)

Jennhaz
Saint
Saint

Postby Mommyto3 on August 3rd, 2007, 9:41 am

Jenn,

I have vascular.

I had broken blood vessles in the beginning...and I'll be honest and say I've had a few more throughout the years. But honestly...most people that meet me have no idea that I have rosacea. When I don't have makeup on, I'm a little pink...but I'm also so white I glow...so I just look like a pink white person. LOL.

It will be ok!! I haven't gotten worse. And with a little makeup, the pinkness disappears too. It's controllable and really nothing to worry about. Just make sure you have a great dermatologist! It makes all the difference.

Take care!! :D
Kristin
Mommyto3
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby Jennhaz on August 3rd, 2007, 9:50 am

Kristin,

You have made my day, no made my year!!! Thank you. Have you been on the rosacea support forum? If not, dont, if so isnt that scary? I want to say thank you, your a doll....Jenn

Jennhaz
Saint
Saint

Postby garym on August 3rd, 2007, 1:15 pm

Jennhaz wrote:

Gary - what part of Texas are you in?

I'm actually about 800 miles away from El Paso, in the Houston area....kinda gives people perspective just how big Texas is! You might as well be in Florida...well,,,,except that Texas is better :D :D !

Take care,

Gary
garym

Postby Angie on August 3rd, 2007, 4:00 pm

Do you visit Galveston Gary? We lived there for two years. We really loved San Antonio especially. I have a lot of family in Texas and Texans really love their state :D
Angie
Angie
Saint
Saint

Postby Mommyto3 on August 3rd, 2007, 10:30 pm

Hi Jenn,

No. I haven't been on the rosacea support forum. I've never thought of it as a big deal so I never bothered. Wish I were that way with the twitching too! LOL And I will definitely take your advice and stay off of it!

Don't worry...you'll be fine!! Feel free to PM me anytime. I've tried many different kinds of medications, etc. So if you need any advice, let me know.

Take care,
Kristin
Kristin
Mommyto3
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby Chris swl on August 4th, 2007, 3:26 am

Hi Gary
Yip thats the one, it,s mint. They should make a come back of that one, Straight to number one! May be a Snoop dog, rap?
Or just the original, Yer!
Chris Sewell
Good luck to all with BFS/BCFS
Chris swl
Saint
Saint

Postby garym on August 4th, 2007, 7:22 am

CHRIS SEWELL wrote:Hi Gary
Yip thats the one, it,s mint. They should make a come back of that one, Straight to number one! May be a Snoop dog, rap?
Or just the original, Yer!
Chris Sewell

Chris,

I actually still hear it on the radio quite often....on the oldies channel.

Angie,

Yes we go to Galveston a couple of times a year. It's about 45 minutes from my house, so it is a quick and easy day trip for the wife and kids. We also enjoy San Antonio, both of my parents grew up there....it has changed a bunch in the last 30 years, mainly for the better.

Take care,

gary
garym

Postby TriJeff on August 4th, 2007, 9:07 pm

Hey Jen.
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(") 24/7 calf twitcher for 15 years. YUCK!
TriJeff
Saint
Saint

Sponsor

Sponsor

Next

Return to The Lounge (Off-Topic Conversations)