Writers Cramp

Use this area for any non-BFS related conversation

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Writers Cramp

Postby Angie on July 27th, 2007, 3:01 pm

I guess because of the word 'cramp' this article got my attention. You may have already heard of this study, but in case you didn't, I thought some of you might find it interesting. I don't know if there could be any possible relation between our condition and that, but if researchers wanted to study writers cramp, I would think someone would be interested in BFS/PNH. I guess if there were any abnormalities in the brain those with BFS the MRI's would have picked them up though. From NBC10:

Link Between Writer's Cramp, Brain Abnormalities
New research has found there is an explanation for writer's cramp.
French researchers have found a link between writer's cramp and abnormalities in the brain.
Writer's cramp -- or a prolonged muscle contraction in the hand -- often strikes people who constantly use the same muscles for years.
Researchers compared the brains of 30 people with writer's cramp to the brains of 30 healthy people.
They found the people with writer's cramp have less tissue in the three parts of the brain that control the hand.
Researchers don't know if the brain abnormalities are a cause or result of the disease

PS Notice they called writers cramp a 'disease'?
Angie
Saint
Saint

Postby Chris swl on July 29th, 2007, 6:23 am

Hi

Well that explains alot about some of my work mates who suffer from. what they say is writers cramp. I think however it is another form of cram they have. May be something to do with the *beep* films they watch?

Seriously, these things are interesting, the brain is a complex thing that we are just starting to understand. I would like to look ahead by 100years and see what they have found out about the human brain and how it works.

May be they good use my brain, it's second hand, but nearly new as it has'nt been used much.

Take Care

Chris Sewell
Good luck to all with BFS/BCFS
Chris swl
Saint
Saint

Postby kit on July 30th, 2007, 10:32 am

So that would mean that we should have waaay more tissue in the thinking portion of our brain since we seem to think waaay too much about certain things :lol: :lol: :lol:
kit
"Life is not always what one wants it to be, but to make the best of it, as it is, is the only way of being happy"
kit
Saint
Saint

Postby Angie on July 30th, 2007, 6:33 pm

Oh brother, I didn't mean THAT kind of cramp :lol: I'm fairly certain that one has nothing to do with BFS, but maybe we can poll to find out for sure. Or maybe not! Don't need to know everything. That's my new motto. I used to think it was better to always know more, but now in my old age, I'm discovering that sometimes ignorance truly is bliss. And now, here the conversation is turning strangely peverse and Basso doesn't even seem to be around to enjoy it. What a shame! :wink:
Angie
Saint
Saint

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to The Lounge (Off-Topic Conversations)