not feeling so happy

Use this area for any non-BFS related conversation

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

not feeling so happy

Postby kit on July 24th, 2007, 11:32 am

Well, I took my husband to the airport at 5 am on Sunday and now he is gone for military training until October. I now have the kids, the house, the practice and both his patients and mine for three months. I hurt my shoulder and I am just about in tears. I have been through this before so you would think that I would just pick up where I left off but I am having a heck of a time doing just that. My mind is wandering...no place good...I am just not in a good place right now. Not much to do about it, just needed a place to vent a little. I can't do it at home because I don't want to upset the kids, and I don't want to upset my husband, he has enough on his minds at the moment.

Guess I just needed a little pity party.
Kit
Not so happy
kit
Saint
Saint

Postby WitchyTwitchy on July 24th, 2007, 12:14 pm

Did someone say party?

Well.... I'll be the first to attend and tell ya' that everything is gonna be alright. I'm sure your having to "hold down such a large fort" all on your own has tensed you up and contributed to your muscle strain. The fact you're not relaxing is most likely prolonging the situation. And lastly, your focusing on the sensation too much has rev'ed up your mind and it just LOVES playing tricks on you. Let the (-) go. Think of how successful you are, how well loved you are (at home, at the practice and on this board), and how darn lucky you are to be able to PHYSICALLY accomplish the next few months- because I promise you, you can. Take care of yourself.
Smiles,

Vanessa
WitchyTwitchy
Saint
Saint

Postby SuziQ on July 24th, 2007, 4:01 pm

Awww...kit, my goodness, your plate is full!
:roll:
Everything always looks much worse when our significant other isn't around to share the load.

You've got so much going on; worry over your husband, worry over yourself, your busy medical practice, plus KIDS? :shock:

Girlfriend, it's a wonder you are keeping it together at ALL! Go ahead and cry, Kit. It sounds like you've earned it. :cry:

I wish I had some magic words to make the stress of it all go away. I can only offer you my prayers, my friendship, and my empathy.

Are there any groups (church, or otherwise,) that might help take some of the burden off of you? There are great programs down in the south for Mom's/Wives of deployed soldiers, not so much up here in the Northeast.

Otherwise, I would suggest you get a sitter and go out with some girlfriends, or maybe just your best friend as soon as possible. Go to someone's house, make some popcorn, drinks, watch a chick-flick, and have a good cry. Sisters work well here, too, if you have any.

I feel for you, my friend.

Hugs and blessings,
Sue
Be careful about reading health books. You may die of a misprint.
Mark Twain
SuziQ
Saint
Saint

Postby Angie on July 24th, 2007, 4:03 pm

Hi Kit,

Sounds like it's time for a pity party! :wink: That's an awful lot to have resting on your shoulders, especially when you don't feel well. You've been so kind and generous with your advise and medical expertise in the last few months, that you have many grateful friends here eager to help you out any time you need it.

I find that since having BFS it is much more difficult to handle certain emotions than it used to be. I cry easier than I used to. When you're afraid that your body won't cooperate with you when you need it to is very stressful. Please ask for help when you need it from those around you. Most people are more than willing to help and appreciate feeling needed. Don't try to be the rock for all people at all times. Sending hugs your way! Take care of yourself and be extra kind to yourself, too. And anytime you need a pity party, there are always more than a few of us up for that! :D

Take care,
Angie
Angie
Saint
Saint

Postby Mommyto3 on July 24th, 2007, 8:57 pm

Hi Kit,

You are definitely entitled to a pity party!! Although I can't relate to exactly what you're going through (especially in regards to the medical practice!) I am a single mom...have been divorced for over 2 years now. I was used to having a partner to help me in everything...and now I do it all by myself. I teach the 3rd grade all day and come home to 3 little ones at night. It's tough...but what doesn't kill you makes you stronger. You'll be ok!! Don't be afraid to lean on family and friends...and ask for help if you need it. You're only one person...I learned that the hard way!! And if you ever need to vent...feel free to pm me.

Hang in there...you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

Kristin :D
Kristin
Mommyto3
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby basso on July 25th, 2007, 6:18 am

he has enough on his minds at the moment.

So, you are saying he is of two minds then? :wink:

Hmm, let me check my schedule. I think I can do it. PA and NJ are close together, right? I could babysit for Kate, and scoot over to you to take care of your kids, after that. I am a great babysitter. I like to take the kids on outings where we raid gardens, run through a park and all yell "the Aliens have landed," and eat ice cream with chocolate bars...just so we are covering all the food groups.

Pity parties are okay, but just don't try the Petty party. Well, it was actually a birthday party, but everyone was so mad at me just because got drunk and fell in the cake. Sheesh, talk about a Federal case being made. Total pettiness, all round.

Well, keep your chin up, and invest in some good rope to tie down the kids when they get out of hand. Oh, and I almost forgot. There are a number of people on this site who have qualified themselves with medical degrees from reading the Internet...hell, they probably even want to be paid for it. They might prove able fill-ins until hubbies return. :wink:

Here's thinkin' of ya,
Basso
basso
Saint
Saint

Postby terry in sf on July 25th, 2007, 12:44 pm

Nothing to add, just wanted to send a big {{{{hug}}}} to y'all!
terry in sf
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby Chris swl on July 29th, 2007, 6:13 am

Hi Kit

That pitty party sounds good. Plenty booze,food,music, dancing and FUN!!

I Hope everything improves for you soon,Im sure it will.

Be strong,my thoughts sre with you!

Chris sewell
Good luck to all with BFS/BCFS
Chris swl
Saint
Saint

Postby Christina on August 1st, 2007, 8:03 am

Hi Kit,

I wish that I lived closer, even though I am one of those with the internet medical degree that Basso spoke of, I would probably be better qualified to help with the kiddies. If you can find someone to do that, try to find a friend to go and do something relaxing (like take a nap) Just stay away from those Petty parties..that Tom Petty, he likes to party too much, and that would be even more exhausting!

I guess all I can really tell you is that ..this too shall pass, and it will make for good stories in the future!

Christina
Life is short. Forgive quickly. Kiss slowly.
Christina
Saint
Saint

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to The Lounge (Off-Topic Conversations)