Friday the 13th events...

Use this area for any non-BFS related conversation

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Friday the 13th events...

Postby Angie on July 13th, 2007, 10:24 pm

I'm not one to be superstitious, but we've had some odd events over the last 24 hrs.

Our phone has been acting up. It would ring short rings the last few weeks and then stop. I didn't think much of it. Then this week I tried to call home and the call wouldn't go through. When I got home last night my husband said the police came to our house because we called 911! My husband and son had been together all night and no one else was there. We didn't call 911, but I don't think the policeman believed him. This morning we were having breakfast and the police show up again!!! He said we called 911 again! We tested our phone and we don't even have a dial tone now. Huh?! Has anyone ever heard of such a thing?

My husband came home sick from work today and then had a very high fever. He just finished the Lyme disease antibiotics this week and now he's driving himself to the ER because the doctor wants to rule out anything worse. He didn't want to get my son out of bed or have anyone come over. He's feeling a lot better and his fever went down, so I'm a little less worried than I was. We were supposed to go camping tomorrow and the car is all loaded up, so I feel confused and overwhelmed.

At least with our phone calling 911 on it's own, I guess help will be here if we need it. Hope everyone else had only good luck today!
Angie
Angie
Saint
Saint

Postby zekebcfs on July 14th, 2007, 12:30 am

My daughter got a little sick today while having a great dinner at a local Japanese resteraunt. Well it ended costing me a bundle and a ruined dinner for a clogged ear tube that she got from going up the tower in Dallas. Anyways, I hope you make your camping trip and your husband feels well.

Friday the 13th that's just a movie! I wish I could talk to the director to see where this came from. Who had the idea for Jason and Friday the 13th? I got a .40 Glock for Jason and if that does not due the trick I got a 12 gauge for him after I unload my extended clips into his assss.

Sorry that's the Texan in me. I wish he come visit me because I would not call 911 and if the phone tried calling I'd bust it too!

I just hope my twitchy trigger finger and twitchy eye don't mess up my aim!
Zekebcfs
"Keep them busy busy busy, back on the farm with the other animals." We are kept so busy with business (or busyness) that we do not understand or participate in the decisions and events that will crucially affect our future.
zekebcfs
Saint
Saint

Postby Alayne on July 14th, 2007, 3:39 am

That's spooky, Angie. Hope your husband is ok and that you have a good w/e camping :)
Alayne
Alayne
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby wjjw on July 14th, 2007, 7:26 am

Has anyone ever heard of such a thing?

Actually, I have. It could be one of two things. One is a genuine malfunction with the phone company equipment, and the other is a genuine psychokinetic event. I would think the first would be more common. Neither has anything to do with superstition. Hope your husband feels better.
A knowledge of the existence of something we cannot penetrate, of the manifestations of the profoundest reason and the most radiant beauty, which are only accessible to our reason in their most elementary forms--Albert Einstein
wjjw
Saint
Saint

Postby Chris swl on July 18th, 2007, 9:46 am

Hi
Wow how spookieeeeeee is that! i have had bother geting onto my network (Orange) since Friday, iv been going through a cold turkey not being on board!
Hope all is well with the hubbie and you have a good camping trip.

take care
Chris Sewell
ps still having both with the network! how lonf does Friday 13th last??
Good luck to all with BFS/BCFS
Chris swl
Saint
Saint

Postby Angie on July 18th, 2007, 3:54 pm

Thanks everybody!

Well, the phone repair man showed up right before our trip and fixed a bad wire. He said that our phone wires are 'bundled' with 6 or so of the neighbors. He said one of their house alarms must have gone off sending the police to our house erroneously - twice. He said house alarms go off all the time by accident. Hopefully none of our neighbors was burgalized while the police were at our house! I was really glad the repair man showed up when he did so that we wouldn't have to worry about the door being broken down while we were gone and our 'phone' called 911! Having it all happen on Friday the 13th just made all the more crazy.

Thanks for the well-wishing about my husband. Earlier in the night he had a fever of 103, but by the time he made it to the ER as our doctor requested, his temp was almost normal. The nurse took his temperature and laughed at him. He just kep telling her the doctor made him go to the ER! Luckily, he was doing ok and we took our trip. We're close to the NJ shore and there's a lot to see.

You may not know this, but many lighthouses have fallen into the sea in the past. I guess it only makes sense given their job and where they're located. They get eroded away after many years of service. People would wait for them to fall and take pictures. We saw 2 NJ lighthouses (not original) this trip and are going to try to see the other 9 or so this summer. They're really something magical to learn about and see.

Well, just wanted to give you the update on the Friday the 13th events and thank you for all your kind thoughts. Wishing you all 'good luck'!
Angie
Angie
Saint
Saint

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to The Lounge (Off-Topic Conversations)