Back from holiday fun, chris.

Use this area for any non-BFS related conversation

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Back from holiday fun, chris.

Postby Chris swl on July 11th, 2007, 3:24 am

Hi Everyone.
Well I’m back from my trip down south, it took me 9.5 hours going and 7 hours return.
The nine hour trip was due to torrential rain, (typical) My hands where red with griping the steering wheel on the mad motor way of hell, in this beautiful English weather of rain.

Also typical was the hot spot I had in my lower eyelid. My son kindly pointed out that when I was talking to people it looked like I was winking at them. I must have looked like some sort of pervert going around the resort.

Our resort was 11 miles from Poole in Dorset, so we managed to visit Weymouth, Swanage, Bournemouth, and Monkey World.

Monkey world is a rescue centre for Monkeys, so that was very good, I asked them if they would take my wife and kids but they refused, Mmmm shame! While we where there a little girl came to me and asked what language did we speak? “was it African”
She asked. No I replied, we are English, she shook her head and walked away confused.
May be she thought we where illegal immigrants. In fact lots of southerners have difficulties understanding our accent, in the UK it’s called Geordie. Yet I thought I had toned the accent down. Never mind it came in handy sometimes.
All I all nice place, nice holiday and nice people!

Hope you have all been fit and well, and it’s nice to be back.

Chris Sewell
Good luck to all with BFS/BCFS
Chris swl
Saint
Saint

Postby Angie on July 11th, 2007, 6:52 am

Welcome back Chris! Glad to here all went well on the family vacattion! You can't go wrong with a place called Monkey World. That sounds like a great place! Doesn't sound like your symptoms were too bad either. That's too funny about the twitching eye though :wink: They must have all thought you were very friendly, even if they couldn't understand what you were saying. Nice to have you back!
Angie
Angie
Saint
Saint

Postby kit on July 11th, 2007, 2:45 pm

Welcome back! Sorry to hear about the rain. Monkey World huh...Somtimes I think I live in Monkey World with my kids :wink: Of course they think I speak another language come to think of it too :shock:

Missed ya'
Kit
"Life is not always what one wants it to be, but to make the best of it, as it is, is the only way of being happy"
kit
Saint
Saint

Postby twitchmebaby on July 11th, 2007, 2:56 pm

I thought everyone over there sounded like Hugh Grant, they always do in the movies :wink:

Welcome back to your cyber home.
twitchmebaby
Saint
Saint

Postby Alayne on July 11th, 2007, 3:47 pm

Urgh, Hugh Grant! Give me a Geordie any day :wink:
I was sad to hear of Jim Cronin's death (owner of Monkey World). I've always meant to visit there, they do such good work for monkeys. I'm glad you enjoyed your holiday down south in Dorset, Chris.
Alayne
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby Chris swl on July 12th, 2007, 3:55 am

Hi
Thanks friends, it,s nice to be back!
Good luck to all with BFS/BCFS
Chris swl
Saint
Saint

Postby Christina on July 13th, 2007, 9:23 pm

Wow, I thought Monkey World was a joke..then I goggled it...and It sounds great. The founder sounds like he was a great man.

Glad your back Chris...and that you had a nice vacation. I was away myself, there were too many people along with me on my vacation at the lake last week to count as a vacation. I am already planning a get away alone, just not sure where it will be. Monkey World sounds nice though.....

Christina
Life is short. Forgive quickly. Kiss slowly.
Christina
Saint
Saint

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to The Lounge (Off-Topic Conversations)