The Prom

Use this area for any non-BFS related conversation

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

The Prom

Postby Christina on June 21st, 2007, 7:24 am

Tonight is my twin daughters senior prom, tomorrow is their graduation.....monday is orientation at the college that they will be atttending (together) in the fall.

The last few weeks have been crazy...gowns, shoes, yearbooks, and it has been tense with activity, around here. Last night I was at their high school helping to set up for a senior breakfast being held for them this morning. I stood in the hallway on the way out late last night, I had a moment alone there. I could almost see by the doors of the auditorium my three kids running in with their instruments, or in costumes. I could see myself dropping them off for their first day of high school....and I remembered dropping them off for their first days of kindergarten prying their little hands from mine, and promising them I would be there at the end of the day, and that they would have so much fun, and learn so much. I don't remember getting older, when did they? It went so fast. Now I will be dropping them off soon at a University, and promising them the same thing....except I won't be there at the end of the day to pick them up. This is a new chapter for them, also for me....I guess I am going to have to find a new reason (excuse) to not do things for myself, lol.

When I got into bed last night, I was twitching from head to toe. I guess stress will do that to you! Any ideas how to make it through this weekend without crying?

Christina
Life is short. Forgive quickly. Kiss slowly.
Christina
Saint
Saint

Postby sharon slack on June 21st, 2007, 7:50 am

Hi,

Just imagine life without children, it certainly would be different, you just give your heart and soul don't you. There most certainly is a sadness as well as a sigh of relief when they move forward. I can relate to your post as my daughter graduated last year, luckily I still have a 13 year old but time passes so quickly that it wont be long and she will be independant.
Take a little time to give yourself some credit, it sounds like you have been a remarkable mother.

Regards
Sharon
sharon slack
Saint
Saint

Postby basso on June 21st, 2007, 11:34 am

Christina, what you need is a prom for yourself. You are graduating from Parenting 101, and now new horizons are presenting themselves. So, you must get your hair done, buy a dress, go dancing all night, watch the sunrise, have some breakfast, and maybe get drunk in between all of that. It is the perfect time to be outdoors all evening.

Don't hold on to the children with sentiment, it will only hold you back from discovering your own things. They will be fine, they will make their own adult mistakes, and you will comfort them and give them money still, but you will also have something new and vital to chase after.

I love it. now my eighteen year old daughter asks me where I've been all night. :shock: :D Too wonderful, I say.

Basso
basso
Saint
Saint

Postby Christina on June 25th, 2007, 9:09 pm

Thanks Basso, and Sharon. It has been a tiring week....the prom, the graduation, then the orientation at the college...lots of driving.

I think you are right, I do need a prom of my own! For right now though, I think I will go outside and lay in the hammock, and gaze at the moon and stars...ala Basso.

Christina
Life is short. Forgive quickly. Kiss slowly.
Christina
Saint
Saint

Postby rhornback on August 14th, 2007, 6:11 am

Interestingly, it is my kids (8 and 5) which keep me going.

If it wasn't for them I seriously am not sure how I would continue.
rhornback
Interested
Interested

Postby Jennhaz on August 14th, 2007, 12:16 pm

awwwww, I dont know how to tell you how to go through the weekend without crying - you had me in tears just reading your post. Maybe you can think about how you and your husband can run around the house naked now..hehehe..Jenn
Jesus bore my sickness and carried my pain. Therefore I give no place to sickness or pain. For God sent His Word and healed me. (Ps.107:20)

"Life is what happens to you while you are making other plans!!"
Jennhaz
Saint
Saint

Postby paulzeee on August 14th, 2007, 1:16 pm

Good cry never hurts, I had myself one last night :oops:

Realizing that time is passing by is a good thing, it makes us appreciate things so much more.
paulzeee
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to The Lounge (Off-Topic Conversations)