Things that can only happen in Mexico...

Use this area for any non-BFS related conversation

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Things that can only happen in Mexico...

Postby pacovega26 on June 21st, 2007, 1:01 am

Hi there... Luis here...

Well guys, as I pretty much LOVE my country, i have decided to create this topic for you guys to comment...

I will post here funny or odd events that, obviously to my eyes, can only happen in such a colorful and interesting country like my beloved MEXICO...

You obviusly can refute my posts by telling funny stories of your own countries, or just comment on what do you think about my continuous posts....

cheers, and hope you enjoy the topic...

1. JUST IN MEXICO COULD THIS HAPPEN... The past year, a known journalist who wrote a book about the pedofile empire that a group of businessmen had. These guys had her arrested through their political ties to Puebla´s (a state, like California to the US) Gobernor. The latter had been recorder in a telephone call talking to one of the businessman, named Kamel Nacif (actually, he is fromo arabic origin) talking about the journalist and how she was "taught the lesson" for interfering wiht their lives....you may think that with this recording going on national TV, these gobernor should resign... but NO.... instead, he moves his politcal assets and managed to stay in his position, and has been spending the taxpayers money in cleaning his image!!!!!! HOW DARES HE?!!!!

Finally, someone had tha balls to stand-up to these mobsters, and the Supreme Court has decided to start an impeachment process to this "gobernor".... Again, just in Mexico...

see you ´til next time...

Cheers

Luis
"Do you believe in destiny, Neo?"
"No"
"Why?"
"Because I don´t like the idea that I am not in control of my life"
pacovega26
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby Chris swl on June 21st, 2007, 3:54 am

Hi

Wow Mexico sounds a bit like the UK.

Chris
Good luck to all with BFS/BCFS
Chris swl
Saint
Saint

Postby pacovega26 on June 22nd, 2007, 12:49 pm

I am sure ya´all now about the tv show Big Brother... you know, where people is thrown into a housw tu lose their mind inside...

Well... Lemme tell you about the Australian Version of Big Brother...

They, like always, were given tasks to perform and earn prices and whatnot.... But one task was focused on Mexico... they were all dressed up like "charros" (with the big hats..), and had the green, white and red color painted all over the place....

I one assignment, they had the mexican flag hung on a wall and two guys were jumping in little "tomblings" whith some special kind of glove in front of the flag.... The objective was to try to stop as many paint-filled balloons other members threw at the flag... obviously they couldn´t stop all the balloons, and the flag was covered with paint... This came as a big surprise to all the mexicans who witnessed the event over there, at Australia. They complained to the Mexican Embassy over Sydney and to the producers of the show. Consequently, the producers offered an official apology to the mexican people, and stated that their intention was never to disrespect the mexican flag. Their excuse was that, over there, in australia, the flag does not represent a the respect it is given here in Mexico.

So, to resume thing... What do you thin about that???!!!! I mean, we here have people from the US, UK, Poland and Germany, among other countries... if this event would have happened with your countries´flag, what would you make of it???

Also... in regard to Mexican History, they were asked to answer from which country Mexico obtained its independece from.... They answered from the Us.... and whats most amazing... they give it for GOOD!!!

WTF???!!!!!

so... post your comments...

cheers...

Luis
"No"
"Why?"
pacovega26
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby Chris swl on June 23rd, 2007, 5:13 am

Hi Luis

Not a very nice thing to do (flag) it's was very disrepectful.
But what about if you got into trouble in you own county for flying your own countrys flag? Would you find that strange. Here in the UK many of us Brits have been told we cane not fly the st Georges flag of England in case it upsets the muslim community, they are complaining etc. It could be classed as raciast. Wow!

This country has gone mad!! I am not raciast at all but i think this thing has gone to far, We have no rights in our own country. If i went to live ,in another country, i would respect their rules, thier law, and thier flag and most of all the people. is'nt life strange!!

Chris
Chris swl
Saint
Saint

Postby pacovega26 on June 23rd, 2007, 10:11 am

ohhh... hold your horses chris....

Are you telling me that you cannot show your own flag at your own country due to the fact that the muslim community MAY feel it as an offense??? Is there a penalty for it???

Here in Mexico, tha Constitution states 3 things as the most respectuful signs to the country: The flag, the symbol that its in the middle of the flag (you know, the eagle possing over a cactus devouring a snake) and the national anthem. Its punished with prision to disrespect any of these...

Cheers...

Luis
"No"
"Why?"
pacovega26
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby sharon slack on June 24th, 2007, 8:38 am

Hi Luis,

I live in Australia, and I watched that big brother programme.
It was actually the Games Night where they pick a theme.
I suppose it could have looked disrespectful, I most certainly didn't see it as such and it wasn't meant to be seen as disrespectful, but I agree if you were actually from mexico it surely could appear that way. And probably if it was the Australian Indigenous flag(aboriginal) there would have been an out cry . I suppose to us Mexio is a very exciting interesting country, ( my favourite food infact!). It was supposed to be a fun night and in actual fact apart from the paint ball competition was a celebration of your country. But I am certainly not arguing, in highsight it probably was a silly idea!.
The Australian flag most certainly does have alot of respect attached to it, probably no different than in your country or the USA. So I don't know why they would say otherwise!. Well that was interesting Luis and if it wasn't for talking on this forum I would never have known because it certainly was kept quiet here!.

Cheers
Sharon
sharon slack
Saint
Saint

Postby pacovega26 on June 24th, 2007, 10:06 am

sharon...

Good to know we have an aussie around!!!! I indeed know that the whole point of the game was to honour my country, and I am afraid my post was based solely on the news reported here in Mexico. What I couldn understand, and totally agree with you, is that if they were going to do that, they should have researched a little bit more. I mean, to not know that painting our flag would be consider disrespectful is hard to believe, but whats done is done, and the apologies were given, so no harm done.

The other thing that was very surprising, is that the Big Brother participants were asked to answer from which country Mexico obtained its independence form.... They answer that from USA.... and what´s most surprising is that the answer was given for GOOD...

In 1810, The Independece War started here in Mexico. In one side, the Insurgents were fighting alongside the poor people to defeat the Realists, the government imposed by SPAIN!!!!! Spain conquered the territory in 1521, which at the time was governed by the Aztec Empire. The Conqueror was Hernán Cortés, and the current "Huey Tlatoiani" (emperor) of the Aztecs was Moctezuma Xocoyotzin (II).

As for the food... I couldn´t agree more with you Sharon... I LOVE mexican food. The variety is so big, and it varies from region to region... I hope you have a good way to eat REAL mexican food, for there are a lot of mock-ups out there that focuses on burritos and tacos.... and thats the least of it....

Cheers and thanks for your post!!!!

Luis
"No"
"Why?"
pacovega26
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby Chris swl on June 25th, 2007, 10:06 am

Hi
Yip thats right, some councils do not alow us Brits to fly our flag. The national front, or the BNP ( a racist party in the uk) use the union jack as their simble, so now the musslim community think we are racist if we fly the flag. ITS MAD!! Some councils in the UK have stopped people putting up Christmas lighs in case that offends them too.

Don,t get me wrong, most musslims do not mind, but the radicals, etc kick up a stink, until we give in! It seems to be the Brithish born musslim youth that are against the people of the uk and our policies. They seem full of hate! Here up Northumberland we are classed as the most freindy people in the uk, we are not racist at all.

I do not know the colour of poeple i talk to on this site or their beliefs, but this makes no differance to me, people are people, no matter what colour, creed or county they are from. But if these radical people do not like the way we live, or like living here, there are altenatives to blowing us up, there must be!!
Why can't we all live in peace? The human is a strange thing!
and why can't we be proud of our flag with out race being an issue!?

Mexico have good rules about the flag, etc!

Chris
Chris swl
Saint
Saint

Postby pacovega26 on July 16th, 2007, 12:08 am

So.... Football (the ORIGINAL invented by the british and not that knock-off of rugby)....

Only in Mexico we get beaten by the same team in the same week. Argentina won 3-0 to Mexico in the semifinal of the Copa América, and then beat he under-20 team over at canada.... only in mexico

whatever

cheers

Luis
"No"
"Why?"
pacovega26
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby garym on July 16th, 2007, 8:18 am

pacovega26 wrote:So.... Football (the ORIGINAL invented by the british and not that knock-off of rugby)....

Yeah, we like to take things and make them better :D

Take care,

Gary
garym

Postby zekebcfs on July 17th, 2007, 11:39 am

Chris
your point is well taken. Maybe they should live under Sharia (sp.) law themselves in their other country of choice.
Last edited by zekebcfs on July 17th, 2007, 1:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zekebcfs
"Keep them busy busy busy, back on the farm with the other animals." We are kept so busy with business (or busyness) that we do not understand or participate in the decisions and events that will crucially affect our future.
zekebcfs
Saint
Saint

Postby zekebcfs on July 17th, 2007, 11:42 am

Paco I love soccer but don't mess with American Football.
Zekebcfs
"Keep them busy busy busy, back on the farm with the other animals." We are kept so busy with business (or busyness) that we do not understand or participate in the decisions and events that will crucially affect our future.
zekebcfs
Saint
Saint

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to The Lounge (Off-Topic Conversations)