help with photos Please!!

Use this area for any non-BFS related conversation

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

help with photos Please!!

Postby Chris swl on January 12th, 2007, 9:06 am

Hi Friends

Please can someone help me with a small problem. I would like to place a photo (not to give fright to anyone) next to my name on the posts, as some people on the site think i am female.

There is nothing wrong with that girls it's just i'm not, and may be people will still think i am female when i do manage it, who knows.(joke!!)
I have tried croping and dimension down size but still i am having problems.

How do you shrink you photos down to less than 20kb with ou distortion?
Then again my face my look distorted anyway!
Please can anyone help me with this. Please!!!!!
until then i have to fly my flag of England!

Thank you Chris! Uk
Good luck to all with BFS/BCFS
Chris swl
Saint
Saint

Postby massagefan16 on January 12th, 2007, 9:17 am

You can do "save for web" in most photo programs (save it as a .gif instead of a jpeg)...you can usually cut it down enough that way.

I just figured it out myself a few weeks ago which is why I've been changing my photo so much- it's like a new toy!
Quiet your mind. The quieter you become, the more you hear.
massagefan16
Saint
Saint

Postby wjjw on January 12th, 2007, 9:22 am

If you’re using Windows, you can use mspaint (Start menu, Run, mspaint). Open the image and you can see its size in pixels by selecting Attributes from the Image menu. Decide how much you want to shrink it by (percent). Select “Stretch, Skew” from the Image menu. Enter the same percentage in the Horizontal and Vertical dimensions boxes (e.g. 10 to shrink it to 10% of the original size). After doing this, use File, Save As to save it as a new file if you don’t want to overwrite the original.

I use mspaint for quick editing, like splicing Basso's head together. I'm using more sophisticated image editing software to enlarge the picture of Shelly's legs and then correct for the distortion caused by the scale up. Copies for use as desktop wallpaper will be available for $10. Paypal accepted.
A knowledge of the existence of something we cannot penetrate, of the manifestations of the profoundest reason and the most radiant beauty, which are only accessible to our reason in their most elementary forms--Albert Einstein
wjjw
Saint
Saint

Postby massagefan16 on January 12th, 2007, 1:30 pm

That's right- I always forget I'm one of the Mac users...I don't know any of that windows stuff!
Quiet your mind. The quieter you become, the more you hear.
massagefan16
Saint
Saint

Postby Chris swl on January 15th, 2007, 4:41 am

Hi wjjw & massagefan16
Thank you for your help. i will give it a try.
Oh, and massagefan16 the weather looks nice and warm in your picture, unlike the weather we are having at the moment up in the north of the UK!

thank you
Chris
Good luck to all with BFS/BCFS
Chris swl
Saint
Saint

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to The Lounge (Off-Topic Conversations)