Ted Haggard

Use this area for any non-BFS related conversation

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Ted Haggard

Postby Floater on January 8th, 2007, 11:37 pm

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... jesus+camp

i know its old news but im so glad ted haggard is a homosexual.. practice what you preach?? and hes preaching agaisnt homosexuality !!i feel sorry for the kids in this video.. i really hate these holier than thou christian jesus freaks.. oh this video makes me sick:(
Floater
Saint
Saint

Postby sharon slack on January 9th, 2007, 1:44 am

Hey,

I watched that. It's extremist, they wreck everything with there one eyed view of what they believe to be the way. I'm no anti-christian, but I don't believe in brainwashing the children of the world, and thats what it is it's not christian education as such.
Once again, only my opinion.
You've probably opened a can of worms, :shock: but what the heck, nothing like a bit of toing and froing!!. (are those words).

see ya
Sharon
sharon slack
Saint
Saint

Postby Ginlyn on January 9th, 2007, 1:55 am

You know, Floater, I do to. There are extremists in every town, religion, politics, etc.

I am a Christian, but I swear (whoo, a lot), do not go to church (I don't like organized religion, too political), have "inhaled" in my past :wink: , and blah, blah, blah. Still would like to whack some people and have evil thoughts at times :twisted: None of us are anywhere near perfect.

When I say Christian, for me, that just means trying to follow a person that walked this earth that was full of humanity. Not condeming (who am I to judge), but by being charitable, helping my fellow neighbor and just trying to be a giving, caring person that is ethical and has intregrity. If I can manage this, I'll die a happy girl. To me, this is TRUE Christianity.

I'm not at all a bible thumper, but one quote I do love from the bible is "To whom much has been given, much is expected". I try to live my life by this as I have been blessed with so much. Besides, I want someone to be able to say something nice about me when I die!!! :wink:

Ginny
Ginlyn
Saint
Saint

Postby sharon slack on January 9th, 2007, 2:16 am

I'm with you Ginny!. Well said girl!.

Sharon
sharon slack
Saint
Saint

Postby basso on January 9th, 2007, 9:34 am

I've always wondered about having a name like Haggard. No wonder he is a deviant. Bear with me a moment. When I was a young priest studying at the Vatican, I was exposed (no pun intended) to a book called "Anagrami." This book was written by Apostle Ernie, and he reveals the many names that the anti-christ would take, in order to trick the unwitting, or those who are just plain dumb as a bag of hammers. The name of Haggard is on page 25 of this book. Yeah, I know, not very high up on the evil chain, but there nonetheless. In short, if we move the letters that comprise the name Haggard we get Drag-hag and Hard-gag. Need I say more? Thank you for bringing this to the bfs community Floater.

Basso
basso
Saint
Saint

Postby dtmguy on January 9th, 2007, 2:27 pm

I feel somewhat sorry for Ted Haggard as a person, as too I can relate to being a hypocrite and also being internally conflicted. My personal opinion is that God exposed him because I believe He hates hypocrisy.

The thing I admire about Jesus (not necessarily his human followers), was that He lived humbly and unconflicted without hate, and was willing to die rather than change those ways. That kind of peace is what I want, especially with the twitching and other torments many of us on the board endure. Also, the only thing Jesus condemned and judged was the religious order and practices of the day, but never any individuals.

-Dave
dtmguy
Hero
Hero

Postby basso on January 9th, 2007, 4:14 pm

Hey Dave. If you weren't internally conflicted, you wouldn't belong to this site. Okay, I am just speaking for myself, and not the ones who must not be named, because they are way too cool to even post anymore. They are in that hypocrisy free domain of the pm world. Okay, I'm over that. :P

Anyway, all of us are conflicted and hypocritical from time to time. There is a name for that, and it is "human." Yeah, if what the good book tells us is true, then Jesus was a cool dude; which was radical back in the day. I heard that He always let his sandal straps drag on the ground, despite Mary's protestations (and you thought she was Catholic). Now that's cool, and a little rebellious if I'm not mistaken.

As to judging, that is just l-a-m-e-o...lame-o. Which was the original title to Bingo, but who the heck would call their dog Lame-o. Well, somebody lame, I guess. But only a "hap'n person would name their dog Bingo. Of course, because I was talking about anagrams earlier, as we all know dog spelled backwards is God. If God had a dog he would probably have called it Ognib, and Oggie, Ogster when they were playing fetch.

All of us hypocrites, all of us conflicted, all of us doing the best we can.

The above is a Basso moment.

Basso
basso
Saint
Saint

Postby Christina on January 9th, 2007, 4:30 pm

Wow...how sickening is this video.

It sure gives "Christianity" a bad name. I guess you can go to extremes with anything? A real eye opener....and it should be illegal what is going on with these children, don't ya think?

Basso.....I'm with you...always conflicted, and always doing the best I can(sometimes a hypocrite.)

Drag-hag, lol.

Christina
Life is short. Forgive quickly. Kiss slowly.
Christina
Saint
Saint

Postby sharon slack on January 9th, 2007, 7:18 pm

Godamm you Basso, I got off this site walked up the hallway and next thing ya know I found myself singing "there was a man who had a.......
B.I.N.G.O. was his namo!!!!!.
sharon slack
Saint
Saint

Postby Heater on January 9th, 2007, 11:32 pm

Crap, that' some scary stuff. Also ticks me off royally (oops, evil thoughts there)

I think you've nailed if perfectly Ginny. What a better place this world would be if people did good things and treated people with respect because it is right, not commit atrocities or hate in the name of God, whatever a person's religion. Organized religion all to often has been the source of the worst evils on the planet....kinda ironic huh? Look at the wars and persecution of today, and yesterday. All too often the teachings of Christ (or Muhammed) are twisted to suit whatever the intent, and the point is missed.

When will mankind stop killing each other in their attempt to prove that what they believe is right, or that they have the God given right to exist over someone else? Something that is beyond proof in this existence.

Funny how science, logic and reason is rejected by the fanatics, those that would use faith to control their subjects. Why? It's too hard to control people that accept knowledge and reason. My favorite line in the first video is "Creationism is the only possible answer".

Heater
Heater

Postby wjjw on January 10th, 2007, 9:30 am

Christina wrote:It sure gives "Christianity" a bad name.

No, it just shows how stupid some people can be.

Heater wrote:Funny how science, logic and reason is rejected by the fanatics, those that would use faith to control their subjects.

Some polls indicate that a reasonable percentage of Christians (some Catholics :shock: ) accept the validity of reincarnation. So there is hope that science, logic, and reason will gradually loosen the grip of indoctrinated and fundamentalist thinking.
A knowledge of the existence of something we cannot penetrate, of the manifestations of the profoundest reason and the most radiant beauty, which are only accessible to our reason in their most elementary forms--Albert Einstein
wjjw
Saint
Saint

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to The Lounge (Off-Topic Conversations)