Twitchmas Day

Use this area for any non-BFS related conversation

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Twitchmas Day

Postby sharon slack on December 19th, 2006, 5:24 pm

Hello all,

Just wondering how you all intend on spending your christmas day.

Me and my kids are spending it with family as usual, lots of food, drink and chat!. Most likely be a sweltering day so lots of swimming as well!.

I would SO love a white christmas.

Sharon
sharon slack
Saint
Saint

Postby Chris swl on December 20th, 2006, 5:49 am

Hi sharon

Wow, sweltering day and swiming, sounds good.

I live in Northumberland, England and today i spent 20mins scraping the ice off my car. I think we are in for a white Christams.

Not to worry my Christmas will also be food, drink and chat, oh and shouting at the kids now and again for fighting etc!!

I have my Christmas night out on Friday,
(35 lads on a night out in Newcastle upon Tyne)
could be interseting. I hope i servive it!

Happy Christmas and a good new year!!

Chris (UK)
Good luck to all with BFS/BCFS
Chris swl
Saint
Saint

Postby Christina on December 20th, 2006, 8:52 am

Sharon,

Swimming, and sunning sounds nice!

I will be working double time for Christmas Eve, and Christmas Day..as all of the friends and family always end up here. It is worth it though...we always end up feeling all warm and fuzzy (even if a bit exhausted). Remind me I said this on the 23rd.

Merry,

Christina
Life is short. Forgive quickly. Kiss slowly.
Christina
Saint
Saint

Postby massagefan16 on December 20th, 2006, 8:59 am

This year, we are going to the North Pole (or that's what we've told the kids!) On Saturday, we are going up to Santa's village in northern NH (the last day they are open before Santa "packs his sleigh"). Then we are spending Christmas up at Nordic Village in NH. It will be different as I've never spent Christmas away from my mother and grandparents but they are in a big arguement so I needed a break away from everything. It should be fun!!
massagefan16
Saint
Saint

Postby MaryY on December 20th, 2006, 11:41 am

Yes, warm and sunny sounds good, but here we will be having a cold and white christmas...
Christmas Eve my son is singing in a church program so my inlaws are coming to watch and stay over the night..... On christmas day my good friend I wrote about yesterday is coming with her family for dinner..
My husband is making a prime rib and a ham with all the trimmings....
My little boy still believes in Santa but I don't know if that will last another year so I intend to enjoy the magic in his eyes when he gets up Xmas day.
:)
Mary
MaryY
Hero
Hero

Postby Christina on December 20th, 2006, 4:51 pm

Mary,

Those are special years, indeed!! Enjoy ....don't forget to leave cookies out for Santa, and some carrots for those reindeer.

My daughters sang Handels Messiah last night at a concert (with a choir), I loved it....I am so happy that my in-laws are safe in Florida, and not headed North to me for the holidays....a Christmas miracle!! Things are shaping up....

Christina
Life is short. Forgive quickly. Kiss slowly.
Christina
Saint
Saint

Postby Wolverine on December 20th, 2006, 5:34 pm

Sharon,

Were the heck do you live? Swimming on Christmass!!!! That's crazy! That's not Christamass!!!!!

Obviously just joking.

It must be wierd when it is like 80 or 90 out on Christmass day. At least it would be for us Northern/Yankee folk.

I will be doing the same thing as you. Hanging with my family and eating and drinking a lot.

I live in Chicago so I'm hoping for snow but it only looks like a small possibility this year. It has been unseasonably warm here lately. Right now they are showing a high in the 40's this weekend.
Wolverine
Saint
Saint

Postby sharon slack on December 20th, 2006, 6:32 pm

Hi ya,

Thanks for the replies, I am really rather envious, I would love a snowy christmas. Wolverine I live in Queensland, Australia, it' our hottest time of the year!. Have a good night out Chris, if the boys nights out are anything like the girls nights out "weee haaa!!!!!". Santas village sounds like a nice place for the kids Shelley. We have a lots of streets over here with Christmas light displays. Ya know when we buy Christmas cards here they always have snow on them!!, seems they must be made in America!!.
Anyway have a good day, I'm off to the beach, the kids are on a 6 weeks break!!.eeekk.

Sharon
sharon slack
Saint
Saint

Postby Cardu on December 20th, 2006, 8:01 pm

Today is our 9th anniversary and we went to Jamaica on our honeymoon. I cried the whole time being there on Christmas, away from my family, etc... It was 90 degrees and I was drunk, tan, in a bikini...sitting on the lap of a Jamacian Santa Clause. My husband was scuba diving at the time and I showed him the picture of me on Santa's lap. He was cracking up. I actually got so looped that I had to stay back from Christmas dinner. I was passed out. That's what he gets for taking me away from my family on Christmas.
This year we will travel from in-laws to my moms...same old stuff, kids open present everywhere we go, eat everywhere we go.
Amy
Cardu
Saint
Saint

Postby out of my mind on December 20th, 2006, 8:27 pm

It's really great hearing from people all over the world...Here in Boston it's beginning to get appropriately cold (we've had an odd warm fall not typical for the region at this time of year)...no snow yet, however.
I'm looking forward to a relaxing, joyous time with my family...my oldest son is home from college after 4 months away....so my three boys are together again....the house is loud and busy....it's wonderful! We're just going to stay put and open the house to any and all who want to drop by.
Mudane and Merry!!
cindy

"If you're going through hell, keep going."
-Winston Churchill
out of my mind
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby Ginlyn on December 21st, 2006, 1:43 am

This year we are doing something different.

Since our families are back East, we decided to go to a nearby church and dish food out to families that can't afford Christmas dinner.

I figure it's better than sitting at home and feeling sorry for myself that I can't be with family this year. I'm sure it will make me feel good and remind me to count my many blessings.

:cry:

Ginny
Ginlyn
Saint
Saint

Postby basso on December 21st, 2006, 9:54 am

We're just going to stay put and open the house to any and all who want to drop by.

That sounds awesome Cindy, so...see on the 25th then. :D

Basso
basso
Saint
Saint

Postby out of my mind on December 22nd, 2006, 4:39 pm

Far out! See you at noon, Basso....BYOB (2nd B for bottoms)
cindy

"If you're going through hell, keep going."
-Winston Churchill
out of my mind
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to The Lounge (Off-Topic Conversations)