A funny story about my class...

Use this area for any non-BFS related conversation

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

A funny story about my class...

Postby massagefan16 on December 1st, 2006, 8:55 am

I was teaching Pilates yesterday and we do this leg circle exercise where your yoga pants tend to slide up your leg. Anyway, one of the girls asks me how much I run. I asked "why"...She said, "you have such defined leg muscles you must run all the time". I wanted to 1) run up and kiss her for noticing that my leg muscles look strong 2) pull my other pant leg up while running over to her asking if it looked the same as the other leg....:wink:

Actually, I feel better today than yesterday....mornings are a tough time for me anxiety-wise for some reason. ...

Shelley
massagefan16
Saint
Saint

Re: A funny story about my class...

Postby garym on December 1st, 2006, 9:08 am

massagefan16 wrote:
Actually, I feel better today than yesterday....mornings are a tough time for me anxiety-wise for some reason. ...

Shelley

I believe that anxiety is bad in the mornings because our adrenaline levels are naturally high in the mornings and that kinda feeds the fight/flight/anxiety respone.

Glad you have such well defined legs :)

take care,

gary
garym

Postby out of my mind on December 3rd, 2006, 9:08 am

my worst time is always the morning as well. My husband gets up at 4am...I usually wake up and then after he leaves...well, it's dark, I'm alone, I have nothing to focus on except my twitching feet and legs...often work myself into a frenzy....
cindy

"If you're going through hell, keep going."
-Winston Churchill
out of my mind
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby MaryY on December 6th, 2006, 5:15 pm

Don't you just love it when someone says something about your muscles :D
And thanks for the info on morning anxiety. Mine is like clockwork starting around 0400 to 0500. Can't really explain it but it wakes me up and washes over me like a wave.. really hate it and that's when the twitches kick in...... Wonder if there is someway to avoid it. I'm really getting to hate that time of day and I used to love mornings...... :?
Mary
MaryY
Hero
Hero

Postby chel45 on December 6th, 2006, 11:29 pm

I don't understand, but the morning is just awful in terms of my negative thinking. All bad things come out first thing in the morning. My worries, anxiety and doubt. Once I start moving, usually within an hour or 2, my whole attitude changes.

Eric
chel45

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to The Lounge (Off-Topic Conversations)