Happy Thanksgiving everyone

Use this area for any non-BFS related conversation

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Happy Thanksgiving everyone

Postby MaryY on November 21st, 2006, 11:24 am

Just wanted to say to all of you who have helped me over the past months
Happy Thanksgiving. We all in our own ways have many things to be thankful for. Though I am not as eloquent as Basso is I too believe we should be thankful for the miracle of just being alive and the beauty of each day. In that way our BFS is a blessing because it makes us appreciate what we have even more.

Hope you all have lots of turkey and good times. I will be going to my Mother in laws for dinner which, unfortunately, might be a Pepto Bismal inspiring event. Later though we are having friends over for desserts and my husband is a great baker. Yum Yum

What are your plans..... would love to hear.
Mary
MaryY
Hero
Hero

Postby massagefan16 on November 21st, 2006, 1:57 pm

My mother and grandmother aren't speaking so we're having a quiet Thanksgiving this year. So, I'm trying not to let is ruin what is my all time favorite holiday!!! I just went to the grocery store , forgot a bunch of stuff because I didn't make a list, and have to go back tomorrow. I don't mind though because I kind of like the confusion of the supermarket then (I know, I'm weird)...I made that mistake one year though and realized that everywhere was out of fresh turkeys...and trying to defrost a frozen one overnight...not fun!

So go out and get those turkeys (or tofurky's if you're vegetarians :)
massagefan16
Saint
Saint

Postby basso on November 21st, 2006, 3:31 pm

Last year, your American Thanksgiving was terribly lonely on the boards. I even wrote a post calling my friends south of the border out. I was like, "OMG, where did all that anxiety go. Where like are all the twitches like." It seems that bfs takes a back seat to turkey with the trimmings. LOL

Actually, we will be celebrating Thanksgiving too, even though we already had one in October. That is because my daughter, who goes to college in the States, is coming home...today. :D I am really looking forward to not seeing her, because she will be out with friends the whole time. LOL

I was a vegetarian once upon a time, and still eat very little meat. One year, when I was a full fledged indignant vegetarian, I went to an organic farm to pick out the fixings for our Thanksgiving dinner. I got yams, potatoes, brussel spouts (those were for my wife, I despise them), and all manner of other fare. It was then that I heard the musical clucking, it made my heart leap for joy, and as I ran around the corner to see from whence natures symphony came from, there they were...little Tofurkys. They were beautiful to watch as they jumped and frolicked. The farmer stood beside me, looking proudly at the flock of soyabirds, and asked me which one I might like. I almost hated to pick one, but I pointed out the largest of the bunch. He had quite a tempeh, and sprouted his wings as he was hoisted up. Anyway, he was very delicious, except for the to-jam between his feet.

Happy Thanksgiving!!

Basso
basso
Saint
Saint

Postby tewest99 on November 21st, 2006, 7:25 pm

I used to raise Tofurkey's until a vegetarian wolf broke into the pen and ate them all.
tewest99
Saint
Saint

Postby Christina on November 21st, 2006, 9:47 pm

Happy Thanksgiving to all of you....

I am cooking (all of my friends and family seem to like to come to our house), most likely because I am a big sucker.

Watch the movie Hannah and her Sisters,....thats Thanksgiving at my house. I laughed when I saw that movie. A bunch of people singing and drinking, and having heated arguments..... lol.

Every year I say I am going to go away for Thanksgiving, every year the kids beg for us to stay home. So, with all that chaos I guess there must be something there that they like? I think I would like some quiet....

Christina
Life is short. Forgive quickly. Kiss slowly.
Christina
Saint
Saint

Postby puggriffey on November 24th, 2006, 12:50 am

I haven't been by in quite some time, but when taking a quick, quiet moment today to give thanks for the blessings in my life, I of course remembered all of the kind, warm hearts on this board, and gave special thanks for this place when nothing else I knew seemed to offer much help or comfort. So, I wanted to drop in and wish you all a sincere Happy Thanksgiving, and hope this day gave everyone a chance to let minds drift for a while from the craziness of BFS to families, big meals, and hopefully some laughter.

All is proceeding very well on the BFS front for me - still twitches (of course), but very manageable and not impeding quality of life. In fact, another bout of whatever slammed me last year around October seemed to set in for a week or two, but with a MUCH better frame of mind, a focus on regaining health versus what impending doom it could mean, and an internal commitment to just take one day at a time and make the most of it - good, bad, or in between - it came and went without incident. MUCH preferable to the full blown four month panic of last year that culminated in the Mayo Clinic, countless tests and a LOT of lost days...for every one of you on here, I sincerely KNOW you WILL make it through this and this does not end your life (and may indeed grow it in ways you do not yet know...), and that alone is worth giving MUCH thanks for - no matter how annoying this can be.

I have about 200 dishes left to do so I can't stay long, but I will drop in again when I have more time. In the meantime, happy holidays to all - give your minds a break from the BFS "day to day" and enjoy and give thanks for what we have.

Blessings,

JG
puggriffey
Hero
Hero

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to The Lounge (Off-Topic Conversations)