I just graduated High School.

Use this area for any non-BFS related conversation

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

I just graduated High School.

Postby TriJeff on November 15th, 2006, 1:30 pm

Yahoo! at 32 years of age I just received my High School Diploma.

It’s kind off a joke though because I have a Diploma in Automotive Technology, and Computer Technology (4 years total post secondary) but I only qualified to attend these courses as a mature student, and only graduated with them last year (I’m a late academic bloomer).

That is to say; I never graduated High School, until now. I needed my HS because my current application for employment for LEO dose not care if you have a doctorate; they want a High-School diploma. – Funny eh?

I'm going to call my mom, she'll be so proud :D.
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(") 24/7 calf twitcher for 15 years. YUCK!
TriJeff
Saint
Saint

Postby Jens_twitch on November 15th, 2006, 1:57 pm

Congratulations Jeff!! I will have a glass of wine tonight in your honor!!

Jen
Jens_twitch
Hero
Hero

Postby Christina on November 15th, 2006, 2:06 pm

Thats great Jeff.

Now go call your Mom!! Always call your Mom....

Christina
Life is short. Forgive quickly. Kiss slowly.
Christina
Saint
Saint

Postby Moeygirl on November 15th, 2006, 6:31 pm

Yay for you Jeff! Hey better late than never!

A long time ago I applied for financial aid and they sent a letter back saying "We're sorry but it's been longer than 10 years since you began your academic endeavors." (i.e. "You're a LOSER who can't finish anything.")

Good for you... I'm so proud, in a stranger/cyber pal sorta way.

Melissa

:D

Now go have a beer.

Git.

Go on now.

Stop reading this!

I MEAN IT!
Moeygirl
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby massagefan16 on November 15th, 2006, 7:05 pm

Yea!!! That's exciting news. Every step in the education process is always an achievement to celebrate. I was finishing up the last year of my master's when my son was 1 year old and I NEVER thought I'd finish. I was so psyched when it was compete...

So your wife is going to be getting it on with a high school graduate tonight....hmmmm...
massagefan16
Saint
Saint

Postby basso on November 15th, 2006, 7:26 pm

Yeah, f*ckin' right on man Edchacation i cann totally dig it. I loved high shcewl. all those babes, smokin down at the pit, no risponsblity...not like now with the old lady allways raggin me to get a job, and never puttin out. Whatev...thats waht i always say.

I never got no certifcat neither, but I dont need it anyway, i just teach at uniseversity. yeah you know, filosofy and shyt, like whats mine is mine and if i steal yours...well, its mine. LOL I'm crackin myself up now. I'm actully still lookin for a job but i got a real bad back. I slipped on the freakin ice last wintr, and really cracked my head too...hey, but at least the doobie stayed firmly in my mouth. I just took a big drag and then hauled my azz home.

Hey i'm into self proving, and i like that you got a certifucat but do have to call you mum. Thats like totally g*y, and panty waist, no disrepec, eh?...and I know that you aint no kweer...your a totally straingt up dude. I'd even cry about it but then I'd have to beat myself up. LOL Hey, have you ever stabbed a knife btween yur fingers, when ther like spread out and shyt. igot a friggin ADHD in that man.

Basso
basso
Saint
Saint

Postby TriJeff on November 15th, 2006, 10:57 pm

Basso you slay me,

Dude I so no whatz you B sayin... dude....its like... like... rally rally good ....and stuff.... and I waz all like I need my Diploma and stuff and she was like all yawww whaaat eveeeer!

Basso... dude.... your moms totaly hot.

CU L8R SK8R
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(") 24/7 calf twitcher for 15 years. YUCK!
TriJeff
Saint
Saint

Postby tewest99 on November 16th, 2006, 1:48 am

Basso needs to invent a spell checker for stoners...

Hey Jeff. I never finished High School either. I'm sure Dale the ass clown will have a field day with that information.

But I did the same thing you did. Went to college, studied Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics and Electronics Technology. I have about 120 units at the Junior College level but all in areas of special interest and I need a few more general education classes to get 2 Associates degrees.

I don't know how you did that with kids my friend. Hey, I'm proud of you. You are inspiring me to go back and get my diploma...

I'm sure Basso will smoke a big fat on in your honor tonight.

Rock on dude ...
tewest99
Saint
Saint

Postby basso on November 16th, 2006, 8:02 am

Hey, it's kind of interesting Troy that both you and your sister are touching your chin. Do you think it is a genetic trait? My sister and I share a few things as well, except she can grow a much better beard than me. I was always jealous of that.

School, is over-rated. And making kids do gr. 12 is such a waste for most. They have just quite simply had enough of being in a warehouse, and want to go and spread their wings. We won't let them as a society, so they have no choice but to get wasted.

My eldest daughter skipped gr.12 in favour of going to college a year early. It was a great decision for her, and she had the added bonus of partying with the college crowd...way better than high school, dont'cha think? 8)

It is funny how we prize doing "well" at school and getting the diploma. Thomas Edison didn't go to school, neither did Mozart. It seem to have worked out okay for them. That is not to diminish your accomplishments gentleman. We have to live and succeed in society, and therefore we must wear some of the trappings of it.

The funny thing is, we usually find out just how fun learning is once we don't "have" to learn.

I think it is awesome that you got your high school diploma Jeff, and I hope that our slacker friend Troy will now get his. :wink:

Basso
basso
Saint
Saint

Postby massagefan16 on November 16th, 2006, 8:37 am

Troy, I'm sitting here cracking up because back a few months ago my husband was at Home Depot and was so furious at a manager that he got all flustered and called him an ass clown. He came home and we cracked up about it because he thought he made it up in his rage :) Little did I know you two had the same mind for diatribes ...too funny!!!!

Shelley
massagefan16
Saint
Saint

Postby basso on November 16th, 2006, 8:50 am

Yes, it is too funny. However, I don't think we should look for opportunity to diss the people with whom we have issues, but rather, keep our dissing confined to those whom we like. :P

Basso
basso
Saint
Saint

Postby massagefan16 on November 16th, 2006, 8:52 am

Point well taken....Basso - did I mention you're an ass clown ?

hee-hee--hee....I love that! Sounds like something Spongebob would say :)
massagefan16
Saint
Saint

Postby tewest99 on November 16th, 2006, 5:54 pm

I have a few more choice ones but I am trying to keep my bad remarks to a minimum ...

1 Peter 1:15 But as he which hath called you is holy, so be ye holy in all manner of conversation;

Easy to read ... hard to implement ... especially when it's so funny ;-)
tewest99
Saint
Saint

Postby cougar10033 on November 16th, 2006, 6:30 pm

Congrats Jeff, im also in the LEO field been a cop for 3 years. Just make sure you keep your priorities in order and you will be fine. 1.) Family, 2.) Friends, 3) Hobbies, goals and so on....4) Food, water nutrition, health lol...5) World Trends, 6) Your neighbors buisness... and last on the list is work. When you first start your going to eat, sleep, drink work, your only going to want to hang around with your buddies from work... Dont do this.. All cops and LEO officer talk about is work which is a source of stress and will lead to wide spread twitching ;-)
cougar10033

Postby Christina on November 17th, 2006, 9:06 am

LOL...it took me a while to figure out what the heck LEO was....I am so stupid......and hey I went to college (I didn't graduate...and that might be the problem.)

Christina
Life is short. Forgive quickly. Kiss slowly.
Christina
Saint
Saint

Sponsor

Sponsor

Next

Return to The Lounge (Off-Topic Conversations)