Anyone else have an outdoor shower?

Use this area for any non-BFS related conversation

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Anyone else have an outdoor shower?

Postby massagefan16 on November 10th, 2006, 10:57 am

I must admit that this particular week in New England always makes me sad. :cry: It is the official week of "closing the outdoor shower". From April to November, I take a shower outside EVERY day without fail. It's right on my deck and the sun shines in it just about 9:00 am. I have a huge family of tree frogs that live in the clamshells I have on shelves in there so my kids and I play "the shell game" daily to see who is living under where. Then at night they all stick to our kitchen window to eat rogue moths that happen by. One of them stuck (no pun intended) around until a few weeks ago- his name is Sigmund (yes, Sigmund Frog).

Anyway, so as not to freeze the pipes, the fun must end at the first sign of bad weather now. Phooey!

Shelley
massagefan16
Saint
Saint

Postby sharon slack on November 10th, 2006, 9:11 pm

Hey,

Yeah I did have one , but had to flag it. I was tired of the Kangaroo's hoping by and perving on me!!. hee hee

Sharon
sharon slack
Saint
Saint

Postby SuziQ on November 10th, 2006, 9:14 pm

No, but you guys had better be careful. I told you, Bill will be along with his web-cam. :shock:

Blessings,
Sue
Be careful about reading health books. You may die of a misprint.
Mark Twain
SuziQ
Saint
Saint

Postby massagefan16 on November 10th, 2006, 10:27 pm

I figure if the neighbors get that much of a kick of peeking through the slats to see me soaping up my armpits, then good luck to them :wink:
massagefan16
Saint
Saint

Postby garym on November 11th, 2006, 8:26 am

Shelley,

Don't have an outdoor shower, but I once stayed with relatives that had an outhouse/toilet :shock: ..................unfortunately, it was used in the winter months as well......I don't think my bladder ever fully recovered (hated those treks in the middle of the night).

Gary
garym

Postby massagefan16 on November 11th, 2006, 9:19 am

On NO- that's no fun!! This is hot, hot water, and just outside my door. It's a double shower actually...
massagefan16
Saint
Saint

Postby garym on November 11th, 2006, 8:02 pm

massagefan16 wrote:It's a double shower actually...

That sounds fun!!!!!...........wonder if my home owner's association would allow one, hmmmmmmmmm.

Gary
garym

shower

Postby 6t5frlane on November 13th, 2006, 11:09 am

While on vacation a few years back, my friends house had an outdoor shower. It was great!! Told my wife about it,she tried it loved it also. Third day we both tried it and we REALLY loved it wink wink
6t5frlane
Hero
Hero

Postby massagefan16 on December 1st, 2006, 8:48 am

Do you know that here, on December 1st, about an hour north of Boston, MA, I just took an outdoor shower. It's got to be 65 degrees...We normally have to close the shower around Nov 15th because it will freeze...yikes- global warming!!
massagefan16
Saint
Saint

Postby Christina on December 1st, 2006, 1:51 pm

Hasn't the weather been glorious?? I don't have an outdoor shower (my neighbors are probably happy about that, but I did enjoy putting up the outdoor Christmas ights in a t-shirt and flip-flops.....felt like Christmas In L.A.

Christina
Life is short. Forgive quickly. Kiss slowly.
Christina
Saint
Saint

Postby sharon slack on December 1st, 2006, 8:52 pm

Hey guys,

Pleased your enjoying your summer Christina, its really hot here in
Qld Aust, first day of summer yesterday and it was about 32C.
Its normally so hot here on Christmas day that a hot lunch is out, everyone normally just cooks cold meats, salads etc. I would love to have a nice snowy Christmas, like some of you do in the USA and Canada. Hey Christina I noticed you said you were wearing flip flops, do ya know we call them thongs over here (yes the ones on your feet), when I lived in New Zealand we called them Jandals!!. weird.
Sharon
sharon slack
Saint
Saint

Postby tewest99 on December 2nd, 2006, 1:59 am

I've been known to stand on the front lawn, naked, in the sprinkler, pretty much year-round. I like Dial soap the best.
tewest99
Saint
Saint

Postby SuziQ on December 2nd, 2006, 8:23 am

tewest99 wrote:I've been known to stand on the front lawn, naked, in the sprinkler, pretty much year-round. I like Dial soap the best.

:shock: Can I be your neighbor? :wink:

Where is Bill with that hidden cam when we need him?

BILL? BIIIIILLLLLLLLL???????
Be careful about reading health books. You may die of a misprint.
Mark Twain
SuziQ
Saint
Saint

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to The Lounge (Off-Topic Conversations)