My Saturday

Use this area for any non-BFS related conversation

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

My Saturday

Postby Jennhaz on November 4th, 2006, 9:43 pm

My Saturday was going great, started some xmas shopping and then a call on my cell phone put that to an end....Well one of our families horses got lose today at 2 and still is on the lose. It was last seen on the golf course outside of town and everyone has been looking for her. A car almost hit her but he swirved and hit a sign, thank the Lord the man was ok. I am so afraid he is going to kill someone. We had the police out, people on 4-wheelers, people on foot and no sign of her..What a Saturday night. My mother rescued this horse from the Amish because he was abusing it and has only been with us for three weeks now. Tomorrow we start the search again....Now how we are going to get this horse back is beyond me, I am thinking we need to get an Amish buggy and hopefully come running :? lol..Anyway me on the 4-wheeler was actually pretty fun and I noticed the vibrations from the 4-wheeler is how I feel inside usually everyday :P ..Jenn
Jesus bore my sickness and carried my pain. Therefore I give no place to sickness or pain. For God sent His Word and healed me. (Ps.107:20)

"Life is what happens to you while you are making other plans!!"
Jennhaz
Saint
Saint

Postby Chris swl on November 5th, 2006, 7:12 am

Hi Jen
Wow, what a Saturday you had. I hope everything turns out good with the horse. I had a boring Saturday but today Sunday at 6pm uk time i am off to see a Pyrotechnic light and fire work display at Blyth quayside.
(Town in northumberland uk, my town)

It is guyfaulks night tonight so there will be fireworks and bonfires all over the uk
Our Town landmarks, the wind turbines will be lit up until Xmas, as will some of the old castles we have up here on our Northeast cost line. Northumberland is a beautiful county, although, very cold sometimes in the winter.
Hope you have a good Sunday

God Bless all with bfs
Chris
Good luck to all with BFS/BCFS
Chris swl
Saint
Saint

Postby Jennhaz on November 5th, 2006, 8:10 am

Chris,

That sounds so beautiful!!!

We finally got the horse last night around midnight. The State Police called and said some people had her, of course they did not have her she was just standing there when we got there. My mother in a calm voice talked to her and she went up to her and rubbed her nose on my mother..awwww..it was so cute..amazing how mad you can get at these animals sometimes but love them so much. She was really scared and would not go into the trailor and we were about 2 miles away from the horse farm, so we took turns walking the horse home those 2 miles..lol..Jenn
Jesus bore my sickness and carried my pain. Therefore I give no place to sickness or pain. For God sent His Word and healed me. (Ps.107:20)

Jennhaz
Saint
Saint

Postby Jens_twitch on November 5th, 2006, 2:08 pm

I am so glad the horse was found, give her an apple for me!!--Jen
Jens_twitch
Hero
Hero

Postby Christina on November 6th, 2006, 8:27 am

Jenn...

You have horses??? I am so jealous. I love horses. My parents had horses when I was growing up, but they were race horses...you could bring them an apple or a carrot....but you could never ride them ( I was too tall by 8 years old,lol!).

I am so glad that the horse came back safe, and the day had a happy ending.

Christina
Christina
Saint
Saint

Postby Jennhaz on November 6th, 2006, 8:40 am

Christina,

Thanks. Yes we have 2 quarter horses and the one my mother rescued is a Morgan. I ride western but have not rode in awhile but need to start again but will be hard because I will be moving an hour away next month, then will await for my man to come home the following month...I will probably come down on weekends and ride, they say it is good for you mentally...Jenn

Jennhaz
Saint
Saint

Postby Christina on November 6th, 2006, 2:37 pm

Jenn,

I believe that being close to animals is very good for you mentally. I love the time that I spend outdoors walking my dog...we go for nice long walks sometimes and we have the best conversations! I always come home feeling much more relaxed than when I left....

Stay Happy,

Christina
Christina
Saint
Saint

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to The Lounge (Off-Topic Conversations)