Well, I did it!!

Use this area for any non-BFS related conversation

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Well, I did it!!

Postby Jens_twitch on November 4th, 2006, 12:21 pm

I am so happy, I just gave my notice at work!! I work part time for a laboratory drawing blood, running samples, anyway even though my job has not been all that stressful I quit due to baby sitting issues and the bus my son rides home from school on. I have worked EVERY saturday for the past 2 years. So it will be nice to have a saturday off from now on. Anyway I am hoping that my new career as a stay at home mom for my two sons will help ease up on the twitching. My son has had problems on the bus due to some boy 3 years older than him, constantly hitting and kicking on him!! My son who is 6 is very shy, wears rather thick glasses and stutters some feels very scared and threatned on the bus, I have not gotten much response from the bus company or the school so I am so releived that now I will be able to pick him from school!! Yeah!!

Jen
Jens_twitch
Hero
Hero

Postby Floater on November 4th, 2006, 1:19 pm

good for you! i would love to have your old job as a phlebotomist.. ever since i got bfs ive become more intrested in blood and tissue and diseases...i would love to stick needles into peoples veins all day and draw blood... i love it so much so i want to do it to myself right now... my wife told me she would leave if i ever came home with tubes and needles and started to draw blood from my own arm:(
Floater
Saint
Saint

Postby Jennhaz on November 4th, 2006, 1:37 pm

Floater--LOL..you are too funny.

Jenn- Good for you if that is what you want to do..Now as far as the boy picking on your son- I would teach your son how to punch really hard and then the next morning the bus comes, you and him get on the bus, you hit the bus driver while your son punches the boy. lol..of course I am joking..but that would be a thought if I was a mom. No I would like to tell you to always do what Jesus would do but then again this world would be perfect now wouldn't it...I am sure your son will enjoy his time with his mother much more anyway and who likes to ride the school bus anway....Shy, big glasses, stutters sounds like a cutie pie and a true blessing from the Lord...Jenn
Jesus bore my sickness and carried my pain. Therefore I give no place to sickness or pain. For God sent His Word and healed me. (Ps.107:20)

"Life is what happens to you while you are making other plans!!"
Jennhaz
Saint
Saint

Postby basso on November 4th, 2006, 4:59 pm

Hi Jen, I think quitting your job was faboo. Work is soooo over-rated. What a beautiful world it would be if we could all just not work. We would be busy making the world a great place, because the stuff that would occupy us would be worthy endeavours, and come straight from our hearts. We wouldn't attach value to people based on their salaries, and people wouldn't feel obliged to take work that was demeaning, or bad for society, just because the pay cheque was good.

As for your son, that is terrible and shocking. I have two daughters, and one of them had the shyt kicked out of her on the bus by an awful boy. It was only after I made a considerable stink that the boy was not allowed to ride the bus anymore. The principle was a total panty-waist, and didn't want to inconvenience the bullies parents. School, I'm afraid, is a warehouse for children. It is baby sitting, except the baby sitter is not a very good one. I am not dissing individual teachers, many of whom are incredible, just the system itself.

Cheers,
Basso
basso
Saint
Saint

Postby Cardu on November 4th, 2006, 7:28 pm

Congrats Jen. It's funny, the other night, my sister-in-law was here with my two kids for about an hour and she said "Amy, no wonder your body twitches!" when she was leaving. My daughter is 5 and my son is 3, there is a constant wrestling match or something of the sort going on here.....she said "my body would twitch if I lived here too". She was laughing of course, but I think she meant it. I am fortunate to have my summers off, and my daughter is in preschool right next to my classroom. My son is home with my parents, but he will go to preschool next year. I can't imagine working evenings or weekends. I guess I'm spoiled. Enjoy your time off!
Cardu
Saint
Saint

Postby Jens_twitch on November 5th, 2006, 2:06 pm

Thanks to all you guys, Everyone here is sooo wonderful!!
Jens_twitch
Hero
Hero

Postby carrilynn on November 6th, 2006, 4:28 pm

Hey Jen,

Congrats on doing the right thing for you and your kids. I also am a stay at home mom and believe me it has it's moments but the good definitely out way the not so good. :D

I keep telling myself when they are all in school maybe I might go back to working out of the home but really the older they are the more of an influence you need to have on them.

Oh and by the way I also was that shy, extremly thick lensed child and I turned out just great. I remember my mom having a few run ins on my behalf when I was younger. Now it makes me laugh thinking about it.

"Children are pieces of our hearts walkng around on the outside."

Lots of hugs, Carri
carrilynn
Hero
Hero

Postby Jens_twitch on November 6th, 2006, 4:38 pm

Carri,
You are so very right on that!!

Thanks,
Jen
Jens_twitch
Hero
Hero

Postby MaryY on November 8th, 2006, 5:24 pm

Just like to add my congrats as well.
There is nothing more important in your life than your kids. Enjoy every minute with them, they grow up so fast !!!!!
Mary
MaryY
Hero
Hero

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to The Lounge (Off-Topic Conversations)