Suz's muses...

Use this area for any non-BFS related conversation

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Postby wjjw on September 22nd, 2007, 5:05 am

basso wrote:No, you are well loved here, SuziQ and must never, not ever leave. Muah.

I agree that Sue needs to stay. Not only is she the resident RN and official calmer of people with ms fears, but she also holds several important records. Most viewed post (the twitching boo-bs of SuziQ), funniest thread (caption this), and most thoughtful thread (this thread). Basso, you should stay too. But given my circumstances, I’ll not have much time to stop by or read your posts though. :wink:

Hey Sue, I’ll leave you with something to muse. It’s a good one. It has to do with the very thing that you’re musing with—your mind. There are three possible theories that describe consciousness:

1. Consciousness is produced by physical matter and dependent on the brain. When you die, so does your consciousness. This is materialism.

2. Consciousness interacts with matter, but can exist independently of it. The mind operates in a bi-directional manner with the brain.

3. It is consciousness that causes matter, and the “physical world” to manifest. This is the opposite of number 1.

Which is it? Why? What evidence is there?

A book is being published that discusses this, and the author is also making it freely available as he writes it. He’s probably done more research on this than anyone I know. The preface is very good. Chapter 2 includes a description with a few samples from a series of “remote viewing” experiments that I was involved with in 2004 with the author. It's in the section "I Can See without Using My Eyes."

http://youreternalself.com/
A knowledge of the existence of something we cannot penetrate, of the manifestations of the profoundest reason and the most radiant beauty, which are only accessible to our reason in their most elementary forms--Albert Einstein
wjjw
Saint
Saint

Postby basso on September 22nd, 2007, 2:19 pm

Interesting link, Bill. It is good to see there are two chapters, something substantial to write my next review on. :wink:

Basso....drifting toward being unconsciously conscious.
basso
Saint
Saint

Postby SuziQ on September 24th, 2007, 10:02 am

Thanks for your kind sentiments, Bill.
Last I looked, I wasn't going anywhere. At least, not if my conscious mind has anything to say about it. :D

Those are interesting points, ones which I would need much more education, much more sleep, and much more coffee to fully contemplate.

But I am absolutely certain it isn't option number one. I'm a material girl who likes her bling, :twisted: but not into the death is the final resting place stuff. Just my personal preference, mind you. :wink:

Blessings,
Sue
Be careful about reading health books. You may die of a misprint.
Mark Twain
SuziQ
Saint
Saint

Postby Christina on September 24th, 2007, 11:21 am

Suzie, Basso, and Bill,

You all have to stay here posting forever, and ever, and ever! I would be lost without you all....and it is all about me, isn't it.......

So would everyone else.....

Christina
Life is short. Forgive quickly. Kiss slowly.
Christina
Saint
Saint

Postby wjjw on September 24th, 2007, 11:55 am

SuziQ wrote:But I am absolutely certain it isn't option number one.

Sue, I believe you’re on the right side of the fence.

Christina wrote:and it is all about me, isn't it.......

next time it will be :wink:

basso wrote:Basso....drifting toward being unconsciously conscious

Yes, those dreams that make you conscious of the unconscious make things quite interesting, as this attorney discovered:
http://www.angelagrubbs.com/
http://www.ial.goldthread.com/angelagrubbs.html
A knowledge of the existence of something we cannot penetrate, of the manifestations of the profoundest reason and the most radiant beauty, which are only accessible to our reason in their most elementary forms--Albert Einstein
wjjw
Saint
Saint

Postby leigh on September 24th, 2007, 12:06 pm

Suzie,

I just wanted to say I too would be lost without reading all of your great post. Being new here and somewhat OVERLY ANXIOUS about my condition you have always managed to come to my rescue whether it be words of encouragement or just a kick in the butt ( which is understood) and I am so grateful to you and all of the other great people on this site ( you too Basso!) who are always there to bring you back to reality.

I am so grateful to have found this site and just wanted to say a HUGE THANK YOU.

Sincerely and God Bless
Leigh
leigh
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby basso on September 24th, 2007, 8:13 pm

and I am so grateful to you and all of the other great people on this site ( you too Basso!) who are always there to bring you back to reality.

Thank you, Leigh. :D

Basso
basso
Saint
Saint

Postby SuziQ on September 25th, 2007, 10:14 pm

Awww...yes, thanks leigh.
Trust me, I know what "over anxious" feels like. You'll make it, kiddo, just hang in there and don't google.

Blessings,
Sue
Be careful about reading health books. You may die of a misprint.
Mark Twain
SuziQ
Saint
Saint

Sponsor

Sponsor

Previous

Return to The Lounge (Off-Topic Conversations)