She was like Buttah....

Use this area for any non-BFS related conversation

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

She was like Buttah....

Postby Christina on October 11th, 2006, 9:20 am

I went to see Barbra Streisand at Madison Square Garden Monday night.

If you are into star gazing....it was the place to be, sitting right down from us were Oprah, Rosie, DeNiro, Geraldo Rivera, Tony Bennett, Donna Karen, Stephen Sondheim....and I think Hillary Clinton who was ushered in and out after the lights went down.

The concet was wonderful...she looked great, and sounded fabulous. It got a little corny in the middle (I thought), when she had a George Bush look-a like...come out and banter a little, and sing. This prompted someone in the rafters to make an a#s of himself and start yelling....Streisand told him to "shut the F*ck up, if you can't take a joke"...that was a little different?

She was accompanied by a 75 piece orchestra, they sounded magnificent.
It was a great night.

Christina
Christina
Saint
Saint

Concert

Postby 6t5frlane on October 11th, 2006, 9:42 am

I heard about the heckler. Why can't the " Hollywood types " just sing without the politics??? She has a great voice and I like to hear here sing, but don't want to hear her politics.. If I want that I go to a political Rallye..just my 2 cents
6t5frlane
Hero
Hero

Postby Christina on October 11th, 2006, 10:03 am

True....but I do think that everyone knows her political leanings. Outside of the Bush skit (which was more silly than anything...and not very offensive, really...just poked fun at him bumbling words, and her being not able to get along with "republicans")....she didn't mention anything political all night.

I was not surprised at all that the papers..and t.v. making such a big deal of it, and not mentioning the concert too much....journalism being what it is these days....

I do agree that "celebrity's seem to like the sound of their own voices, and upon becoming famous sure do think they have very important stuff to say. I guess that happens when they believe their own press...and all the worshippers who surround them all the time.

That aside I was there and it was a very good concert.

Christina
Christina
Saint
Saint

Concert

Postby 6t5frlane on October 11th, 2006, 2:14 pm

I'm sure as you said that people know her " left " sided politics but still go because of her voice. I wonder how many Republicans were in her band ...LOL.....They probably snuck in a bad note....
6t5frlane
Hero
Hero

Postby carrilynn on October 11th, 2006, 2:40 pm

Christina,

Oh I am so jealous. I am a HUGE Barbara fan. I absolutely adore her voice. I grew up with it my whole life. My mom and aunt used to play her records all day and night.

I did see her in concert once and I sat in the furthest row possible but it was life altering.

Everyone from my husband to all my friends make fun of me because I love her so much.

My first dance at my wedding was Evergreen.

Glad to hear your having fun.
Carri
Last edited by carrilynn on October 11th, 2006, 4:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
carrilynn
Hero
Hero

Postby wjjw on October 11th, 2006, 3:23 pm

If you are into star gazing....it was the place to be, sitting right down from us were Oprah, Rosie, DeNiro, Geraldo Rivera, Tony Bennett,…

I prefer gazing at the ones in the sky. Even the “political views” that they inspire about the true meaning of “government” are more interesting.

Anyway, glad you enjoyed the concert.
A knowledge of the existence of something we cannot penetrate, of the manifestations of the profoundest reason and the most radiant beauty, which are only accessible to our reason in their most elementary forms--Albert Einstein
wjjw
Saint
Saint

Postby basso on October 12th, 2006, 3:46 pm

Hey, I used to love Babs but everyone thought I was g*y, so natch I had to stop mouthing the words to all of her songs. Listening to her songs though made me realize that there are people who love people, and that they are the luckiest gol darn people in the world. And that when you love, it is like...well, like sitting in an easy chair in the fresh morning air.

Hey, I'm surprised they disinterred Tony Bennet and propped him up in a seat for the concert. I guess having him sit next to Kevin Costner know one could see the difference. He was just about nearly dead when they did their duet album together, or sounded like it anyway. Oh burn!!!

She is a great diva though. I heard when she dies they are going to give her nose cartilage to a town in Mexico to use as low-cost housing. Now that is classy.

I'm glad Hillary was there, now she got some balls, eh? I wonder if Bill ever had "sexual relations" with her? Yikes, what a scary thought. Poor Monica, I always thought she got the shaft.

Bush is cool too though. I hear that Floater let him sing a verse of "She doesn't swallow." Although, I don't know what they are complaining about, at least they're getting a little action. Know what I'm sayin'? :wink:

Well, I wish I could have been there because I truly adore Babs, but I just don't want that rep with my homo boys, er..I meant homeboys.

Basso
basso
Saint
Saint

Postby SuziQ on October 12th, 2006, 3:49 pm

basso wrote: Poor Monica, I always thought she got the shaft.

:shock: Basso, you really do have quite a clever way with words...

Blessings,
Suzi
SuziQ
Saint
Saint

Postby garym on October 12th, 2006, 4:49 pm

basso wrote: Poor Monica, I always thought she got the shaft.

I always thought it was a robusto or a cohiba...and a dry cleaning bill :shock:
garym

Postby basso on October 13th, 2006, 2:29 pm

She was like buttah

This is hilarious but I wasn't sure what you were referring to when you wrote "buttah." I was thinking Budda, or a nickname for Barbara. LOL I finally realized it means butter. :shock: I'm a little slow on the NYisms. Now I know how you tawk Christina. D'ya wanna cup of cawffee?

Basso
basso
Saint
Saint

Postby Christina on October 13th, 2006, 3:14 pm

Hi Basso,

I was actually referring to a skit that used to be on Saturday Night Live...Mike Meyers..used to dress as a jewish woman from New York, who was MAD about Streisand. She/He always said she was like "Buttah"....it was a very funny bit.

My New Yawk accent isnt that bad?/ I don't think...but ask Suzie...she has heard my voice??? Well I dont think it is??? I do say cawfee though...

I am sitting here saying it aloud...and it for sure sounds like cawfee....

And Gosh...does Kevin Costner sing? Sounds awful...

Christina
Christina
Saint
Saint

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to The Lounge (Off-Topic Conversations)