Just need to vent

Use this area for any non-BFS related conversation

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Just need to vent

Postby Ginlyn on October 10th, 2006, 7:27 pm

Ok. Bear with me. Just need to vent today.

Yes, I normally (99.9%) of the time count my blessings each day. Today I just want to count my curses.

1) It rained today for the first time since May. I HATE rain. Yes, it is needed, but I still HATE it.

2) I can't stand the early darkness of winter. Give me sunshine until 9:00 pm I say!!!

3) Twitches are driving me nuts the past two weeks. Huge Flair up.

Gee, I had planned to list a whole crap load of stuff, and can't come up with anything else, except maybe why don't they plan re-runs of Thirty-Something anymore?

Maybe things aren't so bad, after all. :wink:

Thanks for the venting space (I find it helps to write it down)

Have a good day all!

Ginny
Ginlyn
Saint
Saint

Postby Christina on October 10th, 2006, 8:04 pm

Hi Ginny,

Gosh if it didn't rain since May, you really needed it ! Did you ever notice how wonderful the air smells after a rainfall? The days get shorter till December 21....and it will not matter because you will be so busy getting ready for the holidays....after that they start to get longer every day!!

Good thing there is no more thitysomething re-runs...that guy got run over by a car, and the other woman had cancer....and everyone seemed unhappy much of the time! Watch Disney while you are in this mood.

Light some candles, and have a glass of wine and sing show tunes........

Christina
Christina
Saint
Saint

Postby basso on October 10th, 2006, 8:12 pm

The word vent means wind, so you need to let the wind blow through the channels of your psyche. You need, in other words, to un-wind.

Yes, the days are getting shorter, and hence the hours of love-making are extended. Light those candles Christina talked about, drink some vino, heck smoke a joint, and make love for hours. Makes winter seem kind of bearable. As for twitching, who would notice. :wink:

Basso
basso
Saint
Saint

Postby SuziQ on October 10th, 2006, 9:11 pm

I had dental work today. :( Over six hours in the chair with my mouth gaped open. Groan.

Plus, I backed out of the garage with my car and ripped off the side-view mirror. I've only had this car a few months and this is the 2nd time I've done that, plus I broke a tail-light over the summer. :oops: More ammo for my husband when he complains about my driving.

So, I'm with ya Ginny. I'll be joining you in that glass of wine.

And Basso? Speak for yourself, man...not everyone can have a wife (or, in our case, husband) who is such a tiger in the boudoir. :evil:

Blessings, schmessings... :wink:
Sue
SuziQ
Saint
Saint

Postby Floater on October 10th, 2006, 10:48 pm

sounds like you need the tramadol and ativan combo!!!!!!!!

trust me:)
Floater
Saint
Saint

Postby garym on October 10th, 2006, 11:14 pm

SuziQ wrote:Plus, I backed out of the garage with my car and ripped off the side-view mirror.

I hate it when my wife does that!.....it always cost a bunch to fix.

Hang in there Ginny....but I have to admit that the shorter days have always bummed me out....and with 2 young kids, hours of love making would have to be compiled over months, not one evening....I'm totally jealous of you Basso, bragger! :D

Take care,

Gary
garym

Postby Ginlyn on October 11th, 2006, 1:07 am

Well, thank you all for not blasting my venting. I just needed to do it today.

You know, about 10 minutes after I posted, I felt better and somewhat guilty reading my complaints. How minor! How stupid!

I also found out that as of 2007, we will not be turning our clocks back in the U.S. until November, and will be "springing forward" in March instead of April.

Now that is what I call good news!

:D

BTW, Susie, I've done that before. Must be a connection between the mirror and our superior intelligence :D

Basso, I concur with Gary - QUIT BRAGGING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ginlyn
Saint
Saint

Postby basso on October 11th, 2006, 8:27 am

I find it hard to believe that a Texan and a Californian could be complaining about the lack of sunshine. Try 6 months of winter up here in Canada. Perhaps you would like to do a house swap sometime to see how the people north of the 49th parallel live. Yeah, seal testicles ARE yummy, but it doesn't help with the light deprivation. Igloos are cramped too, and I find myself in February longing to sleep under the stars in the village lean-to.

Basso

PS:
And Basso? Speak for yourself, man...not everyone can have a wife (or, in our case, husband) who is such a tiger in the boudoir.

SuziQ, who said I was talking about my wife. :wink:
basso
Saint
Saint

Postby Christina on October 11th, 2006, 9:07 am

Gin..

I hope that I didn't sound insensitive to your bad day! We all have some days that we just can't explain.....probably better to just go with it. Or, posting about it...gets it out of the system.

You did cheer me up though, I remember reading something about that clock thing. Why do we need to change them at all???? I love the long days too!

LOL...Basso....seal testicles are probably yummy, but I think they are "organ" meat :shock: , so very high in cholesterol ! With all of your ahem...activities, I think you should be watching your health closely.

Suzi....I also smashed my side view mirror at the drive through Dunkin Donuts, and had dental work this week? Strange?

It is still so warm here, I guess that is why I am not depressed over the winter yet.....remind me of this when I start to get cranky from lack of sunshine this winter.

Christina
Christina
Saint
Saint

Postby basso on October 13th, 2006, 7:55 am

I also smashed my side view mirror at the drive through Dunkin Donuts

Ever since that day, Christina's family now refers to it as..."Drunkin Donuts." :P

Basso
basso
Saint
Saint

Postby Jens_twitch on November 2nd, 2006, 4:19 pm

Thanks to Basso for that wonderful vision of winter, in that case winter could last the whole year! Jen
Jens_twitch
Hero
Hero

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to The Lounge (Off-Topic Conversations)