Basso's Bestest

Use this area for any non-BFS related conversation

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Postby SuziQ on October 2nd, 2006, 6:36 pm

Josh wrote:Sounds to me like someones got a 'crush' on Basso!

Yeh...and??? Doesn't everyone? What's it to you? :wink:
SuziQ
Saint
Saint

Postby Christina on October 7th, 2006, 9:14 am

Yes...all the girls have a crush on Basso....and some of the men too, I suppose (not that there is anything wrong with that!!).

May I add one..one that is simple but made a difference in my life the last few...and also made me march out lately and "have that life" that Basso keeps talking about.

quote="basso"]Hi miika. My post was not intended to put you down, or make you feel like a coward. You are certainly not a coward. You are a young man who is suffering because you believe yourself to be unwell.

I have lived a lot of my adult life feeling unhealthy too, and just wished like anything that I could feel better. I wasted many years being afraid, and I would hate to see you do the same. We can't get that lost time back. You have many golden opportunities at your age, wouldn't it be fun to put your energies into them?

Yes, I know that you suffer and that your body feels funny and does odd things. This is unfortunate, but it is what it is. You can talk with other sick people who never got over their anxiety, or you can decide that you are going to be engaged in life. Yes, this is a support forum, but support doesn't have to go on forever, addressing the same issues. Support is also encouraging you to be the best that you can be.

I truly believe that if you start doing the things that you really love, that call to you from within, that you will feel very well indeed. Your body may always act up in various ways, mine does, but I know, deep down, that I am healthy; and that in turn makes me enjoy life.

How long will you wait until you allow yourself to be declared well? Soon you will be 30, then 40, and so on. Age doesn't matter very much if you are following your heart, but it matters a great deal if you are fretting about this and that.

Study something you love, music, art, dance, science, literature. Start making furniture, or violins, go to Africa and help the poor, or just go on a trip to see the world. Don't worry about what others think, it isn't relevant to your life. When people say I will do such and such when I get more money, or have more time, or when I feel better, they are just wishing their life away. The fact is, we may never have enough of those things, so we better get a move on anyway.

If I was closer to you in age I would come to Finland and we could raise hell together. :twisted: Having fun is not being irresponsible, quite the contrary. If you're not having fun then it means that you are denying the miracle of your birth, of your life.

You are well, follow your heart.

Basso[/quote]

Christina
Christina
Saint
Saint

Postby wjjw on October 7th, 2006, 12:36 pm

basso wrote:In short, you must establish a different pattern in your life. A pattern that acknowledges that your soul knows more than you do.
A knowledge of the existence of something we cannot penetrate, of the manifestations of the profoundest reason and the most radiant beauty, which are only accessible to our reason in their most elementary forms--Albert Einstein
wjjw
Saint
Saint

Postby SuziQ on October 7th, 2006, 12:49 pm

Two great examples, guys, thanks for posting them. Bill, that was one of my favorites too.

See, I may have a li'l crush on basso, by my true "M.O." is to get him to see what a great a writer he is so that perhaps he might get inspired to write a book. That way, all the world will benefit from his wisdom and wit, not just us.

How 'bout it, basso?

Hey, where have you been, anyway? Are you mad at me, or maybe I just embarrassed you. :cry: If so, pwease forgive me...you know my heart is in the right place...

Blessings,
Sue
SuziQ
Saint
Saint

Postby carrilynn on October 9th, 2006, 4:30 pm

That was beautiful and very kind Suzi.

He does have a way with words doesn't he. A way with women I might add too!! :oops:

Basso is an old soul most definetly and has given an immense amount of support to people here.

Don't discount yourself Suzi, where would half of us be with you also.
Boy you and Basso should start you own traveling philisophical road show. I'll be in charge of the fan club. JK

I often wonder was it an epiphany or was there someone who guided him/you? Just curious.

Your a mighty wise one for such a young fellow, Basso!

Ps Hope Boston was wonderful

Carri
Last edited by carrilynn on October 9th, 2006, 8:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
carrilynn
Hero
Hero

Postby SuziQ on October 9th, 2006, 6:38 pm

Aww, thanks carri, you are too sweet.

I can't speak for basso, but for myself, I just finally got tired of being fearful of my future, and made up my mind to refuse to be afraid anymore.

There are no guarantees in life, but if a physician is telling me, (no, scratch that-make that SIX physicians, lol) that there is nothing physically wrong with me, I need to quiet my inner demons and start hearing what my doctors are trying to tell me.

Blessings,
Sue
SuziQ
Saint
Saint

Postby basso on October 10th, 2006, 3:46 pm

I hope you will forgive my not posting sooner on this thread SuziQ. I am very honoured that you would think me worthy of such treatment. Thank you, you are truly a most awesome and inspiring cyber-friend. Thank you Christina, Bill and Carri too. If there were but one blessing of this whole bfs thing, it would be the bumping into wonderful strangers and having them become wonderful friends. Thanks again SuziQ.

Basso

Now can we have cyber-sex. :P
basso
Saint
Saint

Postby SuziQ on October 10th, 2006, 5:09 pm

cyber-sex? Would you be wearing a cyber condom? :shock:

I already caught the cyber crabs once, I need to be careful, you know....

Heh, heh, that's a big JK there, basso.

I don't think your little misses would be down with that, eh?

Suzi
SuziQ
Saint
Saint

Sponsor

Sponsor

Previous

Return to The Lounge (Off-Topic Conversations)