Dumping Station!!!

Use this area for any non-BFS related conversation

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Dumping Station!!!

Postby Jennhaz on September 19th, 2006, 8:29 pm

This is the Dumping Station. I thought we could have a place to dump are fear of what disease we have this week, day,hour or minute..lol. BUT to dump your fear here you have to make a promise to yourself not to look the disease up on the internet AND once you dump it you have to let it go and leave it here, meaning you cannot think of it again throughout the day or night. If you have to think of it again, really really have to then you come back here, read your post and then you have to write why you think you don't have it. If you cannot think of why you don't have it and cannot think of anything to post why you dont have it then go back to your real life..hehe and you can only think about why you don't have it, then come back and write why you dont have it.

If people are at work during day and cannot get to computer then write it down on paper why you dont have it and the same as above if you cant think of anything why you dont have it and just post when you can.

Just thought this would help some of us, maybe silly idea maybe not but if you want to give it a try here it is...remember you must leave it here-promise yourself this...Jenn
Jesus bore my sickness and carried my pain. Therefore I give no place to sickness or pain. For God sent His Word and healed me. (Ps.107:20)

"Life is what happens to you while you are making other plans!!"
Jennhaz
Saint
Saint

Postby wjjw on September 20th, 2006, 6:48 am

I thought we could have a place to dump are fear of what disease we have this week

Just make sure to wear your biohazard suit when you visit this thread. You don’t want to get contaminated from anyone else’s toxic waste. :wink:
A knowledge of the existence of something we cannot penetrate, of the manifestations of the profoundest reason and the most radiant beauty, which are only accessible to our reason in their most elementary forms--Albert Einstein
wjjw
Saint
Saint

Postby Jennhaz on September 20th, 2006, 7:19 am

hmmmm...true, this could happen...people could start freaking out that they may have this disease BUT we see this anyway on the forum..meaning, people post about what disease they are afraid of anyway on the forum..Lyme, M*, A**, brain tumors, auto-immunne, etc.....I don't know..anyone else opinion....Jenn
Jesus bore my sickness and carried my pain. Therefore I give no place to sickness or pain. For God sent His Word and healed me. (Ps.107:20)

Jennhaz
Saint
Saint

Postby SuziQ on September 20th, 2006, 9:57 am

Well, I gotta say...I'm afraid I might have gotten crabs from soaking in my jacuzzi. :shock:

Or maybe I was just crabby, I dunno. 8)

Of course, those would be cyber-crabs, so I won't be partaking in any more of the cyber-sexual activities offered here in the OT lounge. :wink:

JK. Big JK there.

Just wanted to post on your thread Jenn...hope you have a happy day.

Sue
SuziQ
Saint
Saint

Postby Jennhaz on September 20th, 2006, 10:06 am

LOLOLOL..You are toooo much girl!!!!

The cyber-crabs might have came from Mork..he has been going through girls on this forum lately like crazy...hehehehe..
:P ..Jenn

Going to check for crabs now...lol

Jennhaz
Saint
Saint

Postby Rolon on October 2nd, 2006, 9:46 pm

Hi Jenn,

I've been twiching for 2 1/2 years. Much to my surprise and the Grace of God, I'm surviving. I visit the site occassionally, but rarely post.

Something I noticed in the first paragraph of this post is how you say you'd like dump your fear and not search the Internet. It reminded me of myself two years ago when my every waken minute was consumed with analyzing my every movement. I searched the Internet for hours, even at work. I'd try to tell myself, this is the last search, but I'd sooner or later make one more search. I was lucky that I wasn't fired from my job.

Anyway, I confided with a (Christian) friend at work that I felt that I had a potentially life threatening disease, but I didn't tell her what it was. My friend was struggling with a similar situation, a fear of dying from an uncurable cancer the has haunted her family. My friend asked if I had made it (my situation) my idol yet. I was almost insulted. Why would I idolize something that may destroy my life? She said do you think about all the time? I reluctanly said 'yes'. She said if you put it in front of everything else that's important to you, then you have made it your idol.

I haven't searched the internet since. I'm still here.

So I ask you Jenn, have you made it your idol?

Hang in there! Survive, live, let it go! Unfortuately, there are no silver bullet answers to our questions. No answers from doctors or the Internet. All we have is support for one and another.

I hope I helped and not hindered!
Rolon

Postby Jennhaz on October 4th, 2006, 11:27 am

No I was not trying to make any disease my idol and I was not doing this with this post. I was trying to do the opposite, insead of people searching they could come here

By the way my idol is the Lord :wink: .Jenn

Jennhaz
Saint
Saint

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to The Lounge (Off-Topic Conversations)