One year here for me !!!

Use this area for any non-BFS related conversation

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

One year here for me !!!

Postby Christina on September 14th, 2006, 12:20 pm

It is one year since I joined this community, and first posted. It has been a long, long winding road to where I am now. Thank you so much to everyone who took the time out of their life to write to me, pm me, and just generally lift me up. Kisses, hugs, prayers, well wishes, blessings, are all being sent out to ALL of you.

I am popping open some champagne, and setting out some ice cream for all...I am celebrating my new life. A life where I am working, and being useful...and having fun!

I am putting a copy of my first post below, so that all the newbies can see just how frightened I was...

God Bless you all, and thank you again.

Love,

Christina

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi, I am new to this site (sort of, as I looked at it a year ago, but never posted till now)

I had an episode of BFS 15 years ago, I cant remember how long it lasted, but I remember being scared to death. I had no internet then, so I went to the public library and read antiquated medical books...thought I had MS...the twitches went away for 14 years (with the exception of an occasional eye twitch)

Last Oct., they came back with a vengence...they lasted 2 months or so, this time I had the internet, and immediately diagnosed myself with ***,went to my GP who did some routine tests and didn't even send me to a neuro. They lasted about 2 months , then went away completely again? I laughed at myself for worrying.

WELL, they are back. This time with cramps in the fleshy thumb pads of my hands...so I read on an old post on here that says it will start in the hands with cramps and weakness...Hey I have that. YIKES!!!!!

Also it says the calves are the most common in BFS, I get everywhere else, but rarely calves??? Is this a real bad sign. I am too scared at this point to even go to a neuro yet. Can't seem to make the appointment, as I feel the longer I wait to get bad news the better. I would love good news of course...but I am scared I wont get it.

I would love to know what anybody thinks of the twitches coming and going like that?? The 6 months or so this year without them, I felt great. And was actually exercising and feeling better than I had in a long time. Now I am a wreck again.

Do you think that *** would stop like that for months or even years at a time with a feeling of strength???

I feel like a fool posting this, but so many of yur posts have been like a God send to me, and I am looking for someone to give me their advice and input.

Thanks so , so much
Christina
Saint
Saint

Postby wjjw on September 14th, 2006, 2:35 pm

Happy anniversary Christina. I guess I remember you being afraid in your early posts, but my main impression was of someone who was willing to help other people, regardless of what you were going through. You are a perfect and constructive example of someone who has cured their own anxiety, and that was a beautiful thing to see, as I said in the no-longer-private message I sent you on your "sainthood:"

wjjw wrote:I already knew you were a saint last January, when a gray cloud of doom and gloom was hanging over this place, and despite your own anxiety, you STAYED HERE, and stepped up and made a post proposing that everyone calm down and pull themselves together (something to that effect). You did more than just talk about it, you demonstrated that it can be done. Very well done Christina. I don’t do “cyber hugs,” but if I did, I’d give you a BIG one. :wink:
A knowledge of the existence of something we cannot penetrate, of the manifestations of the profoundest reason and the most radiant beauty, which are only accessible to our reason in their most elementary forms--Albert Einstein
wjjw
Saint
Saint

Postby basso on September 14th, 2006, 3:23 pm

Hey Happy Anniversary to you Christina girl. Nice touch to put your first post, it puts things in perspective to all those who still worry. Even the Basso-meister was freaked big time once upon a time. I know, amazing. :P

I'm surprised that Bill doesn't do cyber-hugging, sounds pretty uptight. C'mon Bill, loosen up a bit....what, you afraid of something popping up? :wink: Actually, I have decided I will no longer cyber hug either, I mean I'm married. To replace this once valued method of extending comfort, kindness, and fondness, I am offering cyber-sex instead.

Cheers,
Basso
basso
Saint
Saint

Postby wjjw on September 14th, 2006, 4:36 pm

basso wrote:I'm surprised that Bill doesn't do cyber-hugging, sounds pretty uptight. C'mon Bill, loosen up a bit....what, you afraid of something popping up?

You’re right, I am feeling a little uptight, I think I need a cyber massage … maybe I could ask massagefan?? :wink:

Christina knows that I love her, cyber hug or not.
A knowledge of the existence of something we cannot penetrate, of the manifestations of the profoundest reason and the most radiant beauty, which are only accessible to our reason in their most elementary forms--Albert Einstein
wjjw
Saint
Saint

Postby Jennhaz on September 14th, 2006, 8:34 pm

Christina,

Happy Anniversary!!!! I am very happy that you are moving on to the next chapter in your life and may God Bless your journey...Jenn
Jesus bore my sickness and carried my pain. Therefore I give no place to sickness or pain. For God sent His Word and healed me. (Ps.107:20)

"Life is what happens to you while you are making other plans!!"
Jennhaz
Saint
Saint

Postby SuziQ on September 14th, 2006, 11:20 pm

Wow Christina, has it only been a YEAR?

Geez, I guess I've just been here too long, lol.

It is amazing to see the growth you've had through all of this, though, as Bill said, you've always been an amazing, sweet and compassionate person.

We can call each other lots of things on these boards. "Board-buddies," "cyber-pals," or just, "acquaintances," all of course within the narrow scope of the cold, impersonal nature of the internet.

But I, for one, am proud to simply call you "friend," for you have a transparency of character that transcends the confining barriers of cyber-space, and shows forth your extraordinary heart. It is a joy to know you and share this silly, goofy little disorder with special, precious you. :)

Blessings and hugs,
Sue
SuziQ
Saint
Saint

Postby basso on September 15th, 2006, 9:02 am

Oh yeah SuziQ and Bill, well I love Christina too...so there, and I've even been to her house and seen her Xmas tree. 8)

Harumph,
Basso
basso
Saint
Saint

Postby Mork on September 16th, 2006, 10:07 am

Christina, this place wouldn't be half as bright and cheerful without you gracing it with you presence. Here's to you hanging around for another 12 months. I've just eaten the ice cream, thanks! :)

\o/ Mork x
Mork
Hero
Hero

Postby Christina on September 16th, 2006, 12:01 pm

Thanks you guys!

It is a pleasure to sign on here, and see what wonderful things that you all have written. My life is better for "knowing" you all. I am sure that the lucky people in your lives know how magnificent, and special you are.

I DO LOVE you all. I would have never healed without you, never.

Cyber hugs, cyber ice cream, cyber kisses, awww what the he*ll cyber sex for all...I'm not busy today anyway :wink:

Love,

Christina
Christina
Saint
Saint

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to The Lounge (Off-Topic Conversations)