9/11

Use this area for any non-BFS related conversation

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

9/11

Postby basso on September 11th, 2006, 7:38 am

I am not going to write a long post about this, I'm sure everyone has heard and thought about it enough. However, it made me think about how, none of the people who died that day had any inkling that they would. That is true of any accident I guess. Lucky for the one's who called in sick that day.

We speak a lot about living in the moment, and not having died with a trunk load of regret. Probably a pretty wise credo in many ways. But, shouldn't we live each day as though there might be another one? For once you are dead, it is beyond yourself to give a fig. However, the prospect of continuing to live should be the spark that ignites our passion to enjoy the moments, the nuance of things.

So, my heart goes out to those who lost loved ones that day, or any other day. I have lost loved ones, and it hurts, but there will, in all likely hood, be a string of "other" days for us to live. Let us have the courage to face our lives as though they might be long. It will give us a sense of immense value, and also will give meaning to those who have passed.

Basso
basso
Saint
Saint

Postby scaredat25 on September 11th, 2006, 8:24 am

Thank you, basso. That was perfectly said.
God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change; the courage to change the things I can; and the wisdom to know the difference.

BTW, my name is Mia, so you don't have to call me scared all the time. :)
scaredat25

Postby Christina on September 11th, 2006, 8:53 am

Basso,

I am so glad for your post. I always hated that saying "live like it is your last day". Personally, if I KNEW it was my last day, I would be sitting on my couch wringing my hanky crying with all my loved ones around me...while feeling very sorry for myself.

When you know you might be around for a while you really must be a little accountable, do things a little better, and plan.

I wish peace to all of those who lost someone, or something on 9-11.

Christina
Christina
Saint
Saint

Postby carrilynn on September 11th, 2006, 1:00 pm

Basso,
You of course said it beautifully.
We must cherish the thought and memories of those who lost and those who lost their lives.

Our children are our seeds they need to be taken care of like so. It starts from the bottom up so that we might live in a safer world.

It is not enough to be good. You must be good for something. You must contribute good to the world. The world must be a better place for your presence. And the good that is in you must be spread to others. In this world so filled with problems, so constantly threatened by dark and evil challenges, you can and must rise above mediocrity, above indifference. You can become involved and speak with a strong voice for that which is right.

Also a "Thank You" to those now fighting for our safety. May they all return soon.
Carri
carrilynn
Hero
Hero

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to The Lounge (Off-Topic Conversations)