My Own Sainthood

Use this area for any non-BFS related conversation

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

My Own Sainthood

Postby Christina on September 5th, 2006, 9:17 am

Oh my God! I just looked at a post and noticed that I just posted 500....so this will be 501! YIKES!

This sort of almost coincides with my anniversary of joining the board 9/14. SO in one year I have racked up 500 posts....Amazing.

I do not feel worthy of the title of Saint that is for sure. I am humbled by those who have been bestowed with it before me...and who really are Saints.

I can't tell you all how much this community has helped me. There are no words. I was so scared and low last year at this time. I felt as if I had no one to talk to about my fears. My husband was sick of hearing about it, so I stopped mentioning it to him. I was suffering in silence and being a martyr. No one needs to live like that. I posted my first post (I just went back to read it)..wow I was lost. The response was so warm, and comforting. From my first post on I felt welcomed and helped. No one ever judged me.

I made some good friends here, strange that you can come to care about people that you have never laid eyes on isn't it? I have shared a lot of private things, and never felt worried about doing so. I have had a few arguments, and even sung a few songs, and laughed out loud so many times...I lost count. I don't know what I would have done without this place. I don't need as much support as I did last year (mostly because of this commnity). I know now it is my job to help and offer support. A job that I hope I can do even a fraction as well as the Saints that offered it to me.

Thank you all for so much, and then some from the bottom of my heart. I hope to have a "cyber" anniversary party in this lounge next week....hope you can all make it!

With gratitude and love always,

Christina
Christina
Saint
Saint

Postby garym on September 5th, 2006, 9:43 am

Congrats....It is an amazing transformation most of us go through from our arrival here to our sainthood. From fear and need to giving support. That is what makes this site so much better than most of the others out there and you are obviously a big part of the site.

Take care,

Gary
garym

Postby basso on September 5th, 2006, 9:54 am

Hi Christina. I just reread your first, second, and third posts. My goodness you were a 'fraidy cat. :wink: I noted that I posted on your thread, and gave you one of my best. :) Was that really you? Well, of course it was, and in the space of a year you have become my great friend and, more importantly, feel well and terrific about yourself. Doesn't it feel like we have know each other longer?

I like your story. It really shows the power of "thinking" good over bad. You had some support along the way, we all did, but it was YOU that allowed the healing to take place. That is why there is such potency in the support that you give now. You know the path to wellness, and convey that with clarity, caring and conviction.

It is an honour to be in your circle of cyber-friends.

Basso

I think after 1000 posts we should get a new designation like, Double Saint. Perhaps it might be best actually if we just got knocked back down to Interested...just to keep us humble. 8)
basso
Saint
Saint

Postby TriJeff on September 6th, 2006, 11:33 am

basso & Christina

I just went back and read both of your first posts. It's funny how far you've both come.

I'm glad you guys stuck around to support people like me when I was new. Without you guys I would have been sunk for sure. I was in a dreadful state when I made my first post, though it sounds cool and collected - I was anything but.

You too garym and the rest of the board. You've all made a big difference in my life.

- Jeff
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(") 24/7 calf twitcher for 15 years. YUCK!
TriJeff
Saint
Saint

Postby Christina on September 6th, 2006, 3:28 pm

Jeff,

It has been my pleasure to help, and be helped by you.

Gary...thank you ...you have always been so inspiring.

Basso.
..did you know that your very first post to me was saved to my favorite places, and read often. It was a great one, one of your best for sure. You sure have written a lot of inspiring posts along the way. And some :shock: that were a little different too. We should probably have a best Basso post contest.....maybe that can be one of the party games at my anniversary celebration that I am planning? You are special indeed.

And I would like to thank Bill for the very nicest pm that I have ever recieved...what a man !!!

Christina
Christina
Saint
Saint

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to The Lounge (Off-Topic Conversations)