Deleted

Use this area for any non-BFS related conversation

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Deleted

Postby tewest99 on September 3rd, 2006, 1:46 am

The following post was deleted at my discretion and by the advice of a great friend ...

Back to my sabbatical
tewest99
Saint
Saint

Postby basso on September 3rd, 2006, 8:08 am

Hey, how often does one get to respond to a deleted post.

Enjoy your sabbatical Troy. I think it is important that all bfsers take a break from the forum from time to time, other wise you might find that you have racked up over 900 posts. Holy Shizzit, and I took 4 months off too. :shock:

We have BFS, big deal. However, what brought us to BFS is the big deal, or deal breaker, or soul breaker, or what have you. There is a quote that has been bandied about and I'm not sure who started it, although I think it might have been Lifemoreordinary. "Came for the twitching, stayed for the swallowing." We could also say: "Came for the anxiety, stayed for the friendship."

There has been much said on methods of healing, and in fact, there has been, at various times, two distinct philosophies, camps if you will. Some placed higher credibility on good solid information, while others, delved into the more humanistic side of things. They have both played a vital and important part in the life of the forum, and made it a rich experience for all. However, I think above and beyond all "methods" or "approaches" is the simple friendship that is extended to all that come here. We have our tiffs, what community doesn't, but, by in large, the board is a refuge, an oasis of friendship.

This is a tiny speck in the scheme of things. At any one time, there aren't very many people active on the board, not really...50, 100? Pretty paltry really. We are certainly not affecting any great change, nor are we reaching the masses. I think THAT perspective is important. This is just a wee little forum, a tiny dot on the cyber-landscape.

But we are here, and we have extended our hands to absolute strangers, and received the outstretched hands of others. How absolutely beautiful is that? We have all come to this place at various stages on our life's journey. We do not know where someone was, nor can we know where they are going. But for a time, we touch each other, we share, we laugh, we sometimes cry, and we give.

Consistent with that, we must never assume our place is a better one. The vicissitudes of life, of our own contracting of BFS should teach us that things can change all of a sudden. At the very least our BFS experience should give a heaping cup full of compassion.

I just began writing a little something, on a deleted post, by a man who is on a journey that we all can, or should identify with. I believe that healing can be instant, that we needn't look to long drawn out scenarios for our well-being. So, when we see someone who is really ailing, really seeming at their wits end, they are just an eyelash away from where we might stand. The divide between wellness and unwellness need not be a yawing canyon.

Let us all treat one another with a conscience of abiding respect. That way, whether our advice is one of comfort, or one of kicking a little ass, it will have at least the right motivation behind it. Well-meaning failures are allowed, while just plain meanness is not.

Cheers,
Basso
basso
Saint
Saint

Postby mml on September 3rd, 2006, 8:16 am

Another beautiful Basso. I am always amazed at the wonderful friendships and healing found here.
mml
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby ermeyers on September 3rd, 2006, 2:54 pm

I see that Troy is still doing his tricks on us. Thinking then unthinking. It's a constant battle not to think too much, and to just live our lives the best that we can. I like what you wrote Basso, and I'm officially only one year younger than you as of yesterday. I had a really good 45th birthday with my daughters, and we danced, talked and laughed a whole lot!
When I die, this verse is going to be on my headstone: 2 Timothy 4:7 (NIV) I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith.
ermeyers
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby mml on September 3rd, 2006, 3:40 pm

That should have read another beautiful post Basso.
mml
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby tewest99 on September 3rd, 2006, 3:56 pm

that's what people do when they hurt ...
tewest99
Saint
Saint

Postby basso on September 3rd, 2006, 4:12 pm

Well now mml, I don't mind being beautiful as well. LOL

Hey Eric, it has been awhile. Happy B-day belatedly. How wonderful that you got to spend such a merry time with your daughters. I rejoice with you. Troy was not really thinking and then unthinking; but rather reacting and then redressing with considered thought. I'm proud as hell of Troy, it takes a big man to do what he did, a lot of courage.

Thinking, and then unthinking that thought...I like that. :P

Basso
basso
Saint
Saint

Postby tewest99 on September 3rd, 2006, 4:15 pm

thanks basso, I could just kiss you (on the cheek of course :oops: )... I hope eric meant that as a joke ... either way, it's a good thing I took the post down because there are some things in life that CAN'T be udone like ... sneezing ... I mean once you've done that you can't take it back, nor would you want to ... I mean, what would you do with all of that recycled snot anyway ?
tewest99
Saint
Saint

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to The Lounge (Off-Topic Conversations)