5th wedding anniversary

Use this area for any non-BFS related conversation

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

5th wedding anniversary

Postby TriJeff on August 26th, 2006, 10:45 pm

My wife and I just had our 5th wedding anniversary. We got my parents to come into town to play with our little girl while we had a night on the town. – It was awesome, totally relaxing, and (unfortunately) very expensive. The happy ending always takes the edge of evening ;-)

Funny thing is; we talked about our little girl half of the time and called every object by what she would call it. Still it was so weird to not have our little girl around and so relaxing at the same time. – This was the third time we’ve had someone else look after her for an evening in 23 months.

We’ve now decided that my parents will look after her every Friday between the hours of 4pm and 8pm and my wife has made me promise that we’ll do the exact same thing for her upcoming birthday. – I’m going to’ go broke.

I’ve always told her that I married her because I couldn’t afford to date her anymore; a lot of fancy restaurants and vacation “get-aways”. – It’s kind of a joke between us but I use to get the jitters when the waiter came back with my credit card :shock:. I was making peanuts at the time.

O-well, how many guys get to marry their dream girl? – Seriously, she is WAAAAAAY out of my league!

Just thought I’d share my soft side.

Ciao

Jeff
TriJeff
Saint
Saint

Postby tammie77 on August 27th, 2006, 1:00 am

CONGRATULATIONS!! on five years, thats great!!!! I wish you many more happy and fulfilling ones!!!!

Tammie
tammie77
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby tewest99 on August 27th, 2006, 3:59 am

Hey dude, sounds like your wife falls into the "expensive but WORTH IT" category. :wink: And if she was looking for a handsome, sincere, good-hearted man to spend the rest of her life with, then she's not out of your league.

Congratulations to you both !!!

Awesome :-)
tewest99
Saint
Saint

Postby christinesi on August 27th, 2006, 5:27 am

I love that you realized after five years how wonderful your wife is. Congratulations.

I too alway say that I got the better deal in my marriage. After all I'm a bit high strung, nervous and sometimes make way too big a deal out of the little annoyances in a marriage (not to mention my spelling, and my utter lack of understanding for fourth grade math).

But when I tell my friends how lucky I am to have the husband that I have. (Hes always in a good mood, never sweats the small stuff, refuses to say a bad word about anyone, and lets me rant whenever I want, then just says "are you finished, you must feel better". My friends remind me that. He loves me and thats why hes happy. So he got a great deal too.

So Jeff, have more evenings like this and enjoy your little girl and family.
christinesi
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby portraitgal on August 28th, 2006, 10:45 pm

Congrats Jeff! I think your wife is lucky too. :wink:

I was married 12 years ago this Friday in Vegas... can't believe he's still putting up with me after all these years! :oops:
portraitgal
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby Christina on August 28th, 2006, 10:59 pm

Congratulations Jeff!!

What you said about your wife being out of your league...how very sweet.
I am sure that she adores you too.

Many more.

Christina
Christina
Saint
Saint

Postby SuziQ on August 30th, 2006, 3:26 pm

Hey Jeff,
Happy belated wedding anniversary.

It sounds like you and your wife have an amazing marriage.

I always brag on you to my hubby about how complimentary you are to your wife on the board. I've even read him aloud some of your funny anecdotes.

My husband is very vocal about his love for me as well. I have no idea why, for I am a tyrannical biotch most of the time. :shock:

I think it's important that we build up our spouses in every way possible, particularly in public. We were always taught in business/management training classes to praise in public, reprimand in private.

I'm not always so great at that, I'm afraid. :cry:

But you are a shining example of how a good and loving husband behaves. Props to you, my friend.

It is most touching and sweet, and your wife is lucky indeed.

Blessings,
Sue
Be careful about reading health books. You may die of a misprint.
Mark Twain
SuziQ
Saint
Saint

Postby missyJ on August 30th, 2006, 4:33 pm

Hi Jeff
Bit late on parade but wanted to offer my congratulations to you and your wife

From what I have noticed these past few months, your wife is very lucky to have a sensitive and caring guy to share life's ups and downs with

Julia
missyJ
Hero
Hero

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to The Lounge (Off-Topic Conversations)