IM BORED!!

Use this area for any non-BFS related conversation

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Postby scaredat25 on August 29th, 2006, 7:49 am

Thank you again, Steve. Good luck!
God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change; the courage to change the things I can; and the wisdom to know the difference.

BTW, my name is Mia, so you don't have to call me scared all the time. :)
scaredat25

Postby Wolverine on August 29th, 2006, 8:50 am

Steve,
I don't blame you for bowing out and going on with your life, but I disagree that there is'nt anything else you can contribute here. You have much more knowledge about this syndrom than most of us here, and sharing that with us helps greatly.
Wolverine
Saint
Saint

Postby portraitgal on August 29th, 2006, 9:21 am

Steve,

I can't think of anyone on the forum who knows more on this condition than you do. Everyone who comes here benefits from your knowledge. Of course, I understand your wanting to move on... just wish you wouldn't!

Thanks for your insights,
PG
portraitgal
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby Christina on August 29th, 2006, 10:43 am

Bye Steve....I'll miss your posts, but I'll talk doggies with ya via pm's! :D

I need to revisit the spaying issue (if I am allowed to), my vet told me 6 months of age before the first heat, so that is what I did? I have to believe and trust him. My dog is now a very healthy slim 8 year old...and she acts and looks like a puppy. She never has seemed *beep* off at all regarding her reproductive status. She lives the life of royalty, and if she were given the choice she would never choose the streeets :evil:

I have met a lot of men in my llife who I think should have been neutered. I also have seen a lot of parents who probably should have at least thought twice before they procreated. But that is just my opinion.

I have heard that there is a market that buys foreskins of circumsized babies, and that parents know nothing of it???? Seems that it is used for skin grafting.

I had my gall bladder out and when I awoke they told me that I was now missing my appendix as well...just because I guess. I felt a little violated to tell you the truth :shock: What else could have been going on while I was deep asleep??

Basso...keep your snake in it's cage untill you figure out that birth control thing.

Sorry, I was away and had to put in my two cents worth!!

Christina
Christina
Saint
Saint

Postby basso on August 29th, 2006, 3:04 pm

I guess there goes the underground stevepaul...or does it? :wink:

Happy PNHing old boy.

Basso
basso
Saint
Saint

Postby portraitgal on August 29th, 2006, 5:37 pm

Now my turn to put my 2 cents in on the whole doggy issue. (not afraid to be controversial, so let me have it!) Nothing to do with spaying this time...

It's just that when my whole family came down with this PNH, I believed it was caused by a pesticide. The pesticide we were exposed to was a breakdown product of fipronil (in a product called Termidor). Fipronil is also the active ingredient in the "spot-on" flea killer Frontline. It's even used on puppies... If anyone feels inclined, they can check out this great article on the topic.

http://www.apnm.org/publications/resour ... %20safe%22

My dog's vet told me Frontline isn't a neuro toxin! I swear most vets are in bed with the bug spray companies in the same way some doctors are in bed with the pharmaceutical companies. In my experience you can't always believe everything your vet tells you...

Forgive me, Steve, for my rant on your farewell post... :oops:... but you know I can't help it. I'm impulsive.

PG
portraitgal
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby Christina on August 29th, 2006, 5:53 pm

Thanks for the info on frontline...I will for sure look into it. The vet put that on my dog one time at her regular appointment. Now I am sitting here wondering if that coincided with any wierd symptoms or not....

I don't use any pesticides on my lawn ( I have some nice green weeds mixed in with my grass), never want my dog sniffing around in it..and I for sure didn't want my children playing in it when they were little.

Too many things to worry about, isn't there?

Christina
Christina
Saint
Saint

Postby portraitgal on August 29th, 2006, 6:53 pm

What the hell, Steve, I'm going with it... This thread began with a simple "I"M BORED!" after all.

Yes, Christina, when it comes to pesticides I think there are too many reasons to worry. Too many reasons they shouldn't be used, except only when absolutely necessary. Most people here are afraid of ***. I'm afraid of pesticides. As a matter of fact, I believe weed-killers are one of the reasons for ***... If I see a lawn that looks too perfect, my children are not allowed to play on it. To my poor family's great annoyance, I'm downright paranoid about them. My fears are not unfounded though. I've done so much research in this area, and you just wouldn't believe what I've found...
Honestly I think there is so much evidence against them, I don't understand why they haven't made the the cover of TIME.
portraitgal
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Sponsor

Sponsor

Previous

Return to The Lounge (Off-Topic Conversations)