Apologizing (again)

Use this area for any non-BFS related conversation

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Apologizing (again)

Postby tewest99 on August 16th, 2006, 4:16 am

Since I know I have been a complete ASS in my behaviour, I own ermeyers a public apology ... After reading these passages from the paraphrased Bile (The Message), I became impressed to look at myself and I didn;t really like what I saw:

Since this is the kind of life we have chosen, the life of the Spirit, let us make sure that we do not just hold it as an idea in our heads or a sentiment in our hearts, but work out its implications in every detail of our lives. That means we will not compare ourselves with each other as if one of us were better and another worse. We have far more interesting things to do with our lives. Each of us is an original.

Live creatively, friends. If someone falls into sin, forgivingly restore him, saving your critical comments for yourself. You might be needing forgiveness before the day's out. Stoop down and reach out to those who are oppressed. Share their burdens, and so complete Christ's law. If you think you are too good for that, you are badly deceived.

Make a careful exploration of who you are and the work you have been given, and then sink yourself into that. Don't be impressed with yourself. Don't compare yourself with others. Each of you must take responsibility for doing the creative best you can with your own life.

Every once in a while it feels "good" to lose your temper and go off on someone, it always feels bad later ...

Eric, please accept my apologies, not to make me feel better but you as well ...

Sincerely,
Troy
tewest99
Saint
Saint

Re: Apologizing (again)

Postby ermeyers on August 16th, 2006, 5:33 am

Hi Troy,
tewest99 wrote:complete ASS
That means complete **S, right? I'm still trying to figure out all of that * stuff.;)

tewest99 wrote:please accept my apologies, not to make me feel better but you as well ...

To keep on healing myself, I already forgave you and apologized to you for my errors, because until we as offenders appologize to those who we offend, the true healing of forgiveness cannot occur within us.

Great Passion displayed Troy, so I think that your character should stay in the movie. Maybe we can make it a trilogy, like they did with The Matrix series. 8)

Eric
PS: You might need another Rapping scene, but we'll have to poll about that idea.
When I die, this verse is going to be on my headstone: 2 Timothy 4:7 (NIV) I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith.
ermeyers
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby basso on August 16th, 2006, 7:39 am

Krikey Eric...would you just stop being so charming so that all and sundry feel the need to apologize?

Whatever happened to holding a good healthy life-long grudge? Do you think that feuds could have started if we all so forgiving as you Troy?

I could say that I'm sorry for going off all half-co*cked, but I'm NOT, dagnabit. The only thing that I might be really, really sorry about is that I can't just whup your asses, right here, right now.

Basso :twisted:
basso
Saint
Saint

Postby ermeyers on August 16th, 2006, 9:49 am

Hi Basso,

For many of us The Lord's Prayer has been burned into our brains, and it reminds us about model Christian behavior. I'm very thankful for good people feeling the need to express themselves in order to correct the real truth, in good faith, but they're simply doing it more for themselves, out of there personal obligation to God, and it's for their own personal healing, more than my personal satisfaction. As a human being, I really do like to know that I've actually been forgiven, but I don't require it in order to continue going on with my life.

Yes, I'm sorry and thank you, Troy and others, for letting me know that it was for me too.

Ok Basso, about that **S whooping, you know where I live, and please bring beer and/or Ativan in large doses, so that we can self-medicate afterwards. :twisted:

Eric
When I die, this verse is going to be on my headstone: 2 Timothy 4:7 (NIV) I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith.
ermeyers
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby tewest99 on August 16th, 2006, 3:21 pm

For a limited time only, I am handing out free ass-whoopings. So everyone line up and get yours today while supplies still last. This is a limited time offer. You guys are too funny. I wish I drank beer, we could all go to Eric's house and get plastered ... Well, it's never too late to start ...
tewest99
Saint
Saint

Postby ermeyers on August 16th, 2006, 8:36 pm

Go to Gratz, PA ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gratz,_Pennsylvania ),
Find the Water Tower, go down to the http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amish Farm, and ask Abner where I live.
Eric
ermeyers
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby christinesi on August 18th, 2006, 8:33 am

Wow what a nice display of real men apoligizing to each other. Without even being forced to. You guys are great. Truly fun personalities on this board. BFS hasn't stripped any of us of losing passion, charm dignity and wit. Now lets take all this energy out for the weekend and go see something fun like "snakes on a plane" Have a great weekend guys.

CHris
christinesi
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby Wolverine on August 18th, 2006, 9:31 am

I also apologize for all of the ranting and raving I have been doing on this sight lately. Although I cannot put my feelings or thoughts into words like Troy, Eric or Basso, I do feel bad about how I have handeled myself here lately. I probably turned a lot of people here away from me. I do not blame anyone here for that except for myself. I have also read through many of my recent posts and realize I have been a huge hypocrit(sp?). Again, sorry.
Wolverine
Saint
Saint

Postby portraitgal on August 18th, 2006, 3:41 pm

aw, Wolverine, you're cute when you apologize!

:)
portraitgal
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby tewest99 on August 18th, 2006, 7:25 pm

Wolverine, your da bomb, if anything you've attracted people to this forum not chased them away, and you've forced me to think about things that otherwise my miniscule powers of reasoning could not have touched...

And you're still using my picture. Do you realize how many women are PM'ing me because of that? I never should have let it out that you are using my real picture ...
tewest99
Saint
Saint

Postby basso on August 18th, 2006, 8:07 pm

No Wolverine, you are definitely chasing people away, and Troy too. All that healing talk, and wellness...sheesh. People are getting better and then leaving for good, getting lives..ugh, how awful.

You two have a lot to answer for. Quit apologizing and get out there and make people afraid or something. On the riches of Croesus...I will not abide any more sissy talk

Basso
basso
Saint
Saint

Postby tewest99 on August 18th, 2006, 8:29 pm

Oh yeah !!!

Well why dont you go *beep* your *beep* *beep* and then *beep* another *beep*. And as for you *beep* why don't you just put it right on the shelf next to your *beep* *beep* *beep* *beep* and then go *beep* your neighbor's *beep* *beep* ... and don't forget to take pictures....

And as for anybody else who is thinking about becoming a new member of thie board, why don't you go *beep* *beep* *beep*

---------

There, how was that? :P
tewest99
Saint
Saint

Postby basso on August 18th, 2006, 8:33 pm

Ah, back in the fold. I love you Troy...but hey, just in that manly kind of back slapping way...ya hear?

Basso 8)

Waiting on you Wolvy
basso
Saint
Saint

Postby tewest99 on August 19th, 2006, 3:53 am

OK, I guess I can deal with that. Although I really wouldn't mind going to pick out curtains with you any time you'de like ;-)

Do you have a bike helmet?
tewest99
Saint
Saint

Postby Wolverine on August 21st, 2006, 8:15 am

Troy,
When did you turn out to be Jeff?
Wolverine
Saint
Saint

Sponsor

Sponsor

Next

Return to The Lounge (Off-Topic Conversations)