The BFS Question

Use this area for any non-BFS related conversation

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Postby ermeyers on August 14th, 2006, 6:41 pm

I believe that out of all the Instances of Humanity that were available to Him through His Perfect Creation, God the Father specifically chose Israel's Jesus of Nazareth to be The Christ and The Son of God. And being the perfect example of The Messiah, modeling truly Peaceful Humanity, Personal Leadership and Divinely Inspired Godly Power, as The King of Kings from The Tree of David, Jesus followed the Father's wishes in complete blind faith to the very end, as he was simply guided by the Holy Spirit to The Garden of Gethsemane, and His ultimately successful Good and Brutal Suffering for all of Mankind's many ills.

Like fear is the perfect lie, Jesus is the perfect truth, and his life's simple but perfect demonstration is the only Way, the only Truth and the only Life that leads to Heaven. He showed the simple way through the narrow gate toward Heaven.

The triune braid of The Three People of God, The Father, The Holy Spirit, and The Son named Jesus Christ, put the three people together, and they are very much stronger and more powerful than one strand of a little human contemplated and conjured up god made of pure but imperfect gold to worship.

Unlike us relative simpletons, Jesus had the God-given capacity to retain the entire Hebrew Bible in his one personage. His personally favorite book to quote from was Deuteronomy.

Deuteronomy is the fifth book of the Hebrew Bible. It is part of Judaism's Torah - the first segment of the Tanakh. It later became part of Christianity's Old Testament. Its Hebrew name is Devarim דברים ("words"), which comes from the opening phrase "Eleh ha-devarim" ("These are the words..."). The term can also stretch to mean "discourses" or "talks", as is generally the case with the Greek word "logos".

Jesus is The Logos of God, Jesus is The Reason of God and Jesus is The Word of God.
Last edited by ermeyers on August 15th, 2006, 5:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
When I die, this verse is going to be on my headstone: 2 Timothy 4:7 (NIV) I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith.
ermeyers
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby Mark S on August 14th, 2006, 10:14 pm

The difficult thing about extracting phrases from any source, biblical or otherwise is that they lack context. Wow, that is original thinking for you.

Hmmm....rather sarcastic Basso. I can only hope to one day be the intellectual you are and write incredibly verbose posts which could have been stated in one or two sentences. What's your problem? And please don't respond to this with a tome because I'm not going to bother reading it.
Mark S
Saint
Saint

Postby basso on August 15th, 2006, 6:45 am

Hmmm....rather sarcastic Basso. I can only hope to one day be the intellectual you are and write incredibly verbose posts which could have been stated in one or two sentences. What's your problem? And please don't respond to this with a tome because I'm not going to bother reading it.

Huh? I was referring to myself when I said the "original thinking bit." Meaning that I was not being original. Sorry for the verbosity Mark, I was just musing...didn't mean to offend you.

Basso

PS: Are you okay Mark?...I mean that sincerely.
basso
Saint
Saint

Postby Mark S on August 15th, 2006, 8:57 am

Basso,

I don't understand how your remark "wow, that's original thinking for *you*" followed by next line..."bear with *me*" could possibly mean you were referring to yourself. My quote, followed by the above seems more jabbing at me than it does referencing yourself. Had you said, "hmmm...that's something for me to consider" or some near equivalent I might believe it.

In any event, not important but the sentence construction seems sarcastic particularly when you go on to give us a lesson in taking things out of context.

Mark
Mark S
Saint
Saint

Postby basso on August 15th, 2006, 9:30 am

I don't understand how your remark "wow, that's original thinking for *you*" followed by next line..."bear with *me*" could possibly mean you were referring to yourself. My quote, followed by the above seems more jabbing at me than it does referencing yourself. Had you said, "hmmm...that's something for me to consider" or some near equivalent I might believe it.

I'm guessing Mark that you give me the benefit of the doubt, as a person who has endeavoured to always be honest. I rarely use sarcasm, as I feel it is a rather low form of expressing oneself.

I don't think I was giving lessons either, I was just thinking out loud; surely as you did on your post. Were we not discussing "the sword," and whether that was subjective or objecitve?

I'm kind of baffled at your hostility. If it is just that I annoy you that is one thing, but I really don't think I wrote anything that objectionable.

Anyway, I will try to be clearer when next I post.

cheers,
Basso
basso
Saint
Saint

Postby christinesi on August 15th, 2006, 10:02 am

Wow i think i need to take some extra strengh advil, after reading this exchange. While I find it facinating to read with the intense passion that you guys have I found a new found appriation for this guy i married that a tipical deep converstion goes like this.... Phil.."whats up"
Chris.... "not much just chillin". Only kidding its refreshing.

Chris,
christinesi
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby ermeyers on August 15th, 2006, 1:03 pm

I'm not writing this to criticize anyone, because I truly believe that everyone was acting in good faith.

Without solid evidence to prove the contrary, we must stand ourselves down and throw up a personal wall until we feel safer to continue, but let's always assume good faith, and keep making an honest effort to just keep going on communicating more fully towards our mutual understanding and better concensus opinion. Ideas, shared and shared alike.

Argumentation is simply about reasoning together, not about criticizing each other in a unnecessary spat over an honest mistake that someone made.

When you risk sharing your own treasured opinions in public, you not only risk making an honest mistake, but you also risk looking like a complete idiot, and you should not fear that you'll possibly be attacked for just trying "To be" you, and to share your mind's gifts with others.

If you convince me that I'm wrong, then I'll reward you with my praise of you.

If you convince me that you're wrong, then I'll reward you with some new better truth to chew on, so that you can decide to keep for its good pleasant taste or to just spit it out in your complete disgust for the flavor of my personal opinion.

All of you did very well, and all of you tried your very best, just like me. I'm just honoring everyone's sincere attempts to communicate their thoughts. Advil for everyone.
When I die, this verse is going to be on my headstone: 2 Timothy 4:7 (NIV) I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith.
ermeyers
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby Mark S on August 15th, 2006, 10:15 pm

This was all sort of pointless in the end. Forgive me Basso, I will give you the benefit of the doubt. I didn't want to be hostile just assertive. Peace to you.

Mark
Mark S
Saint
Saint

Postby tewest99 on August 16th, 2006, 3:12 am

In my movie director's voice:

CUT, CUT, CUT ...

Ok, look folks, let's try this again ...
Take it from the Christinesi Advil remark ...
Basso, Mark S, great feeling, ermeyers, awesome insight ... 8)
I just need a little more passion people ... show me passion !!! ... :x
Oh, and get me another extra ... this Troy guy isn't working out ...

Sometimes I wanna eat popcorn when I read these posts ...
OK, I'm getting way too silly ... weaning off the Zoloft was probably a bad idea ... :?

I'll be over here in the corner removing my foot from my mouth ... :oops:

ta ta ... :P
tewest99
Saint
Saint

Postby ermeyers on August 16th, 2006, 5:04 am

Mark S wrote:This was all sort of pointless in the end. Forgive me Basso, I will give you the benefit of the doubt. I didn't want to be hostile just assertive. Peace to you.

NONVIOLENT assertiveness
FORGIVING with the benefit of the doubt
PASSION "The Passion of The Christ" a movie by Mel Gibson
HEALTH despite chronic illness
LOVE despite chronic hate
PEACE The Counter-Intuitive War
ermeyers
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby ermeyers on August 16th, 2006, 7:34 am

Matthew 6:9-11 (King James Version)
9After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name.

10Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.

11Give us this day our daily bread.
ermeyers
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Sponsor

Sponsor

Previous

Return to The Lounge (Off-Topic Conversations)