Great weekend Great weather

Use this area for any non-BFS related conversation

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Great weekend Great weather

Postby christinesi on August 11th, 2006, 7:04 pm

We are in for a real treat on the East coast finally this weekend. Dry and warm weekend ahead. I hope everyone does something fun for themselves and take some time to destress. I am going to see the film 911 world trade center tonight with my husband and 2 friends. My husband Phil is a trade center survivor. He was on the 81st floor of Tower one at the time the plane hit. My youngest child was 6 months old at the time. I was vacuming that morning when my cousin called to ask me if Phil went to work that day and what floor he worked on. When i told her he was on 81 she said put on the TV and call him NOW! I spent the next several hours on my kitchen floor in a fetal position while family and friends came through my house to take care of my kids. I was unable to reach him for several hours this became the worst day of my life and then miraculouly the best when he appeard home driven in a flatbed truck by strangers at 3:00 that afternoon. We lost several friends and Phil lost 3 co workers. God bless all the families and victims of september 11. I'll write back after the movie to tell you what I thought. Have a great weekend.
christinesi
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby carrilynn on August 11th, 2006, 7:59 pm

Oh Dear Chris,

You just sent utter chills down my spine.

You have been truely given a miracle. I can't imagine the pain you went through for those hours but the relief must have been undescribable. I am so happy for you and your children that your husband was okay.

So sorry though for those that lost their lives. :(

I hope you enjoy the movie. You are extremely brave. I cannot watch a movie like that, my emotions are too jumbled. It's supposed to be amazing though. Have a terrific night and :D ENJOY YOUR LIFE and YOUR HUSBAND!
Carri
carrilynn
Hero
Hero

Postby Christina on August 11th, 2006, 9:31 pm

Dear Chris,

Please let me know how the movie is. I am not sure that I can bear to see it. You are very brave.

I think anyone that lives near Manhattan will always feel the fear so strongly. I never look at a low flying plane the same way ever since. Every time it is a picture perfect day like 9/11.....I think of it. We also lost friends, and neighbors that day...and there were too many funerals in my town.

Thank God that your story had a happy ending, it is so nice to hear one!
Enjoy the nice week end that the weather channel is predicting!

Christina
Christina
Saint
Saint

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to The Lounge (Off-Topic Conversations)