kristens birthday

Use this area for any non-BFS related conversation

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

kristens birthday

Postby christinesi on August 7th, 2006, 9:51 pm

well today is my beautiful daugher kristens 11th birthday. My husband sent her flowers and i bought her a new clarinet. My two little sons look up to her so much. with her platnum blonde hair tan and sparkling blue eyes shes so confident and means the world to her brothers. I took her my nine year old son and 3 of Kristens girlfriends to see "John Tuker must die) tonight after that we went to "rickys to make our own Sundae" Kristen looked beautiful and Happy and i want to thank God for her and her brothers. They keep me focused when i could easily dip sometimes. Good nite all. ( i still cant decide who i was more attratchted to John Tucker or the "other Tucker") only for people who saw this movie!!!!!!!!
christinesi
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby Ginlyn on August 10th, 2006, 9:34 pm

Happy Birthday Kristen (a few days late :oops:

I, too, played clarinet!!!!!

Just out of curiousity, how much do one of those things cost these days? I think my parent's paid about $200.00 WAYYYYYYYY back when.

G.
Ginlyn
Saint
Saint

Postby basso on August 10th, 2006, 10:09 pm

How wonderful chritinesi. It is my b-day coming up shortly but I'm at the age where I would rather not have one. LOL

A licorice stick is a fine instrument. My eldest daughter plays violin and studies in Boston. I would hate to say what we paid for her violin...many thousands. It is worth more than my car, and her education is quickly becoming worth more than my house. Well, she is worth every penny, as long as she is happy...oh, and working her hiny off.

I like the "make your own sundae idea." :lol:

Basso
basso
Saint
Saint

Postby christinesi on August 11th, 2006, 6:53 pm

Ginny, They go for about 300 dollars new. Kristen got a "gently used" one for 150.00.

Take care Chris
christinesi
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby carrilynn on August 11th, 2006, 7:52 pm

Dear Chris,

Happy late B-day to your daughter!!

I know what you mean about our children. They absolutely complete us. Sometimes they are the only things that keep us going in querky little world we live in.

Sounds like you and the kids had an amazing day and that is what matters.

Carri
"Our children are pieces of our hearts walking around on the outside"
carrilynn
Hero
Hero

Postby christinesi on August 11th, 2006, 9:59 pm

I love that saying Carri.

They are truly a wonderful distraction. I was speaking to my cousin tonight. She just turned 40 in April and has 2 young children.This morning at 7am she had to have a breast sonogram at the hospital where she works as an RN. On Monday she discovered a lump and went to a breast surgeon. She was hoping for a cyst but they said it was "solid" and a catigory 4 meaning suspicious on a birad report. A biopsy is recomended. She is due to go to Mertel Beach on Wednesday and wants to cancel the trip. She said "how can i go with this on my mind I'm a wreck" She asked me what to do. I said have the biopsy as soon as they can schedule it but do not cancel your vacation. The results will not change if you go or not and you probably will be worrying needlessly. I told her she is in the company of many woman who go through this everyday. And she has to get tough and keep telling herself that "i can do this" I will not let it stop me from living my life. (We can we all relate to this because we have kept living in the face of great fear) We are all stronger then we give ourselves credit for and will handle whatever we have to and she will too.

Goodnite, Chris
christinesi
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to The Lounge (Off-Topic Conversations)