Lets talk Holidays

Use this area for any non-BFS related conversation

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Lets talk Holidays

Postby Chris swl on June 30th, 2006, 7:39 am

Hi
I have just returned from two hot weeks in the sun (Mallorca Spain Hotel son Baulo)
There is nothing like a good holiday to forget about BFS.
The hotel was good and the people i met were briliant.
My two children did not want to return home and enjoyed every day we had in Spain.
The sad thing about a holiday is coming home and leaving the new freinds you have met behind.
I also miss the sun, Has anyone seen it? If so please ask it to shine on the English North east coast from time to time.

Has anyone been or is anyone going on holiday.
If so Lets talk holidays

Chris.
Good luck to all with BFS/BCFS
Chris swl
Saint
Saint

Re: Lets talk Holidays

Postby 1TwitchingTherapist on June 30th, 2006, 8:16 am

Hi Chris,

What a great topic!
I've been to Spain (Madrid, Seville, Barceloba Sitges) - but not Mallorca yet - I would love to go though - Please, tell us about it. I empathize with the sadness of leaving new friends that you meet on vacation behind. At least you go home to your "old" friends though ;)

I will be traveling this summer - Going to San Francisco and Santa Fe (New Mexico) for a few weeks in July - then Rome for a week in August.

Like you, I also LOVE the sun - and the sun/sky is absolutely spectacular in Santa Fe. There is a serene, spiritual vibe to Santa Fe that is hard to describe, it is just very much felt. There are many Native American reservations around. The elevation there is very high - I believe 6 or 7 thousand feet. The sky seems to close there :) It is also quite warm in the summer (80's) (not too hot) and dry - I love that kind of weather! I did not know this before I spent an entire summer in Santa Fe two years ago, but it is a cultural mecca and has MANY incredible art galleries. The adobe architecture and mountains there are so amazing too. OK - I guess that's enough of boasting about Santa Fe.

I've also been to San Francisco many times, I have family around there- it's such an awesome city. And this will be my very first time in Rome, Italy - I am definitely looking forward to it!

Wishing the Europeans on this site wonderul holidays, and enjoyable vacations for the Americans :)

~Tanya

CHRIS SEWELL wrote:Hi
I have just returned from two hot weeks in the sun (Mallorca Spain Hotel son Baulo)
There is nothing like a good holiday to forget about BFS.
The hotel was good and the people i met were briliant.
My two children did not want to return home and enjoyed every day we had in Spain.
The sad thing about a holiday is coming home and leaving the new freinds you have met behind.
I also miss the sun, Has anyone seen it? If so please ask it to shine on the English North east coast from time to time.

Has anyone been or is anyone going on holiday.
If so Lets talk holidays

Chris.
1TwitchingTherapist

Postby Mork on June 30th, 2006, 2:58 pm

Well done Chris, glad you had a great time. Tanya you certainly get around! I nearly went to Santa Fe and Taos in April but had to cancel last minute. (oh and I love SFO too. it's a great city) Have you ever been to SW Utah? it's a fantastic place, simply stunning scenery.

I'm off to Vancouver at the end of September for about a month, then I'm spending 3 weeks over christmas in Australia with a stopover in Hong Kong. If anyone is in Sydney on Christmas day let me know as I'll be all on my own! :)
Mork
Hero
Hero

Postby Christina on June 30th, 2006, 9:29 pm

Hi All,

The boards have been quiet...I guess a lot of people are taking holidays. I am off tomorrow...no where exotic, just up to the mountains for a little r&r. Hope you all are enjoying the warm summer weather.

Christina
Christina
Saint
Saint

Postby tewest99 on July 2nd, 2006, 1:28 pm

I'm soooo simple. Just point me to the nearest mountain dotted with pine or fir trees and I'm on vacation the second I get there... I absolutely love being in the mountains ... anywhere ... of course being in the mountains in some exotic place outiside the US would be nice too ;-)
tewest99
Saint
Saint

Postby TriJeff on July 4th, 2006, 5:49 pm

tewest99 wrote:I'm soooo simple. Just point me to the nearest mountain dotted with pine or fir trees and I'm on vacation the second I get there... I absolutely love being in the mountains ... anywhere ... of course being in the mountains in some exotic place outiside the US would be nice too ;-)

Ditto. You should check out the Canadian Rocky Mountains. I spend a lot of time there since I practicaly live in them (Calgary)

Just Awsome! And with Canada being aproximatly the same population as the state of California, your not likely to run into anyone when your in the backwoods.

I've been to California too, you lucky monkey. I'd love to live there; Mountains, and ocean all in the same place. Why would you ever need a vacation if you lived in the Southern United States. hmmm... I guess to go to Spain!

You guys should try winter for 8 months of the year (first snow to last snow) sometimes I ask myself why I live here, but just in the winter.

My wife is from Nornthern Alberta (Grand Prairie) and has lived with constant -40C temperatures and nearly 24 hour darkness winters -OWCH!
TriJeff
Saint
Saint

Postby Stacy eimi on July 5th, 2006, 12:23 am

Hey Mork, you get around!! I wish that I could go on holiday to your neck of the woods!! (I have never been out of the continental US) I live in Northern Utah. Like you said, southern Utah has some stunning scenery. It is almost like you are on another planet!! Do you agree? -Stacy <><
Stacy eimi

Postby Mork on July 5th, 2006, 11:05 am

Hi Stacy,

I do get around, I love to travel :) here's where I've been so far...
Usa, Canada, Mexico, France, Germany, Belgium, Balearic Islands, Canary Islands, North Africa, Iceland, Ireland (North and South), Hong Kong, Thailand, New Zealand, Macau, Malasia, Singapore, Australia and of course Scotland and Wales :) There are plenty of places on my list though. I met a guy recently that had been to 48 countries!

Yes SW Utah is like another world, one of the most fantastic places I've ever been, I'm always recommending it to people. Colorado also, up around Durango/Silverton/Ouray is lovely. Are you near Salt lake City?.

Trijeff- I love the Rockies, hoping to go back there when I'm in Canada this September. I've done the tourist route, Banff, Jasper, Columbia Icefield, Lake Louise etc, beautiful.
Mork
Hero
Hero

Postby TriJeff on July 7th, 2006, 4:22 pm

Mork wrote:Trijeff- I love the Rockies, hoping to go back there when I'm in Canada this September. I've done the tourist route, Banff, Jasper, Columbia Icefield, Lake Louise etc, beautiful.

Cool, you've been where I pretty much live. Have you been to Calgary?
TriJeff
Saint
Saint

Postby Mork on July 7th, 2006, 4:31 pm

Have you been to Calgary?

No, afraid not. Didn't have time. I was based in Vancouver so we got a rental for a week and drove up to Jasper and back again. Luckily it snowed as we don't get to see much of it over here in the UK. Went for a great hike up to Parker ridge, waist deep in snow, Fantastic! :) Got out car towed in Banff for parking on a yellow outside the Y. Grrrrr! :)
Mork
Hero
Hero

Postby Mork on July 7th, 2006, 4:34 pm

we just found mork

Have I been missed? :shock: LOL! :) I'm trying to keep a low profile just to show I can stay away from this place..... oh shucks, there goes that plan :)
Mork
Hero
Hero

Postby Chris swl on July 11th, 2006, 7:14 am

Hi twitchingtherapist.
Thank you for your reply, what can i say about Majorca.
It has something for everyone, from a sophisticated capital city with a beautifull Gothic cathedral to picturesque coastal beaches. you can have a lively holiday or a more relaxing one. There are many choices.
I would recomend Cala d'or. it has a pine fringed headland and lovely coastal bays, with upbeat restaurants/cafes and shops.

Unfortunatly i have a low paid job in a factory and two kidds to support so we only go on holiday every two years if we are lucky. But once my numbers come up on the lottery i will buy a place out there and you would be welcome to come and stay.
Still i am very lucky to live in Northumberland England, as it is wonderfull it too has beautiful beaches castles and countryside.

Chris
Good luck to all with BFS/BCFS
Chris swl
Saint
Saint

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to The Lounge (Off-Topic Conversations)