World Cup 2006

Use this area for any non-BFS related conversation

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Postby mart_mcg on June 14th, 2006, 6:51 am

i'm having slight doubts about brazil now myself, but i'm hoping that was just a case of first-game-jitters. ronaldinho has yet to show his mastery (although there were brief glimpses last night).
=]
mart_mcg

Postby missyJ on June 14th, 2006, 4:11 pm

Mart, me too,

Not at all impressed with Brazil's performance last night

Have got three quid on Brazil winning the comp and the same on Ronaldinho for golden boots!!
missyJ
Hero
Hero

Postby carrilynn on June 16th, 2006, 6:04 pm

I'm partial to those Argentinan men myself. I kind of have to be my husband is from Argentina. 6-0 today, Yeah!!! :D
carrilynn
Hero
Hero

Postby Slavin Balen on June 17th, 2006, 12:51 am

Those game between Argentina Vs Serbia/Montenegro was very strange and unusual for WC competition. It was the last entertainment for Serbia/Montenegro as one country. In meantime between beginning of WC and present they split up into two different states. Their players are very frustrated resulting in 6:0 for Argentina.
Slavin
Slavin Balen
Hero
Hero

Postby Golfpro on June 17th, 2006, 11:53 am

I like soccer and I know it's been around for a long time but I think they need to make a few changes. It's hard to sit and watch a 0-0 game or 1-0 game. Get rid of the off sides , 7-6 sounds more exciting.
Golfpro
Hero
Hero

Postby mart_mcg on June 20th, 2006, 4:49 pm

and so england scrape to the top of group B with a draw against an average swedish side with a below-par larsson. they'll need to do much better than that if they want to progress to the latter stages (although, admittedly, joe cole's goal was absolute class. he played a blinder in fact - man of the match definitely).

germany were grand today - confident and efficient in every aspect. there still way up front for me as serious contenders for the trophy, along with argentina (of course), and spain, although i wouldn't rule out ukraine either, they impressed me too. brazil are STILL not living up to the hype so i'll reserve further judgement on them for now, and, sadly, it looks like my outside bet - the czechs - aren't up to scratch either.

thoughts, everyone?
=]
mart_mcg

Postby Mork on June 20th, 2006, 5:37 pm

My man of the match was Hargreaves, he was very good.

I haven't been truly impressed by anyone yet. The teams that seem good suddenly look mediocre against other opposition. I'll see what happens in the next stage :)

I did laugh at France the other night :D sorry to any fans :)
Mork
Hero
Hero

Sponsor

Sponsor

Previous

Return to The Lounge (Off-Topic Conversations)