Silly self reflection

Use this area for any non-BFS related conversation

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Silly self reflection

Postby TriJeff on June 9th, 2006, 11:23 am

While making another supportive (trying to be) post to someone on this board I realized something. BFS has taught me to care, commiserate, and support people.

My wife and I have had our share of “ups and downs”. When we have our “downs” she mostly complains that I act like an uncaring robot and that I make it very difficult for her to get close to, or care about. Sometimes she would yell at me: “I’m not a Marine” –neither was I, but it was usually a bad time to argue semantics.

I know that most people, including my friends, see me as a 6’3” 160lb, crew cut wearing , BIG GREEN WEENIE. It was another post on this board, from a woman who said that her husband was the: “ex-military take the pain type and not very sympathetic.” That led me to reflect on myself in such a way that I don’t want to be this person. I have a wife and a daughter and I’d like to be close to them.

I just got off the phone with my wife and she reports that I’ve gotten much better (since this BFS stuff) but that I am still very robotic (funny; I thought I had made a full recovery). She then said that I’m not neeeeaaarly (very drawn out nearly) as bad as when we first got married and proclaimed that I wasn’t even Human… Hmmmmm?

O-well, the sex is way up and that’s my yard stick.

Anyways, just wanted to share what BFS has done for me. So if your twitching is bothering you, DROP AND GIVE ME 50! – You’ll forget all about and I can feel sensitive for helping.
:D
TriJeff
Saint
Saint

Re: Silly self reflection

Postby guinness67 on June 9th, 2006, 3:23 pm

[quote="TriJeff"]that’s my yard stick./quote]

Has BFS also given you delusions of grandeur? Only kidding!

I can appreciate your post. I too feel that I care a bit more about the physical well-being of the people I come into contact with.
guinness67
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Re: Silly self reflection

Postby TriJeff on June 9th, 2006, 9:17 pm

guinness67 wrote:
TriJeff wrote:that’s my yard stick./quote]

Has BFS also given you delusions of grandeur? Only kidding!

LOL. O-man. I just got that, took me forever but I'm slow today.

Very, very, Punny
TriJeff
Saint
Saint

Postby Ginlyn on June 9th, 2006, 11:44 pm

You guys!!! :shock:

I'm not going to touch that yard stick thing with a 10 foot pole (no pun intended :D

Regarding your post, TriJeff. For some reason, twitching seems to have that affect on most people. I can only speak for myself when I say that the fear that my twitches generated has been so great in the past two years, that I truly empathize with others.

Let's face it, at least 98% of the people that come to this board fear (at least in the beginning) ALS. I think it stands to reason that we all, perhaps for the first time, begin to realize our own mortality. For whatever reason, it tends to bring out the good in us.

Anyway, that is just my humble little ole opinion as I can only speak for myself. I guess one could say that there is an upside to everything, even BFS.

Ginny
Ginlyn
Saint
Saint

Postby patrick on June 10th, 2006, 7:58 am

Hello fellow twitchers,

just a small reply to previous posts, exactly a year ago i was in bed, twitching like crazy, feeling weak, feeling everything all of you people have felt during periods of panic after bfs hit you.

Yes, in bed, taking pills to calm down, crying, not even considering this could be something benign.

So, one year later...

Well i just came to see if there are some new post on the forum, and have a quick read, then its back outdoors again, :D :D
after a long time of bad wheater here, this weekend is beautiful, very sunny, warm wheater.

And as a sat there in my small garden, having lunch, feeling relax, i looked down at my legs twitching away , a was thinking, it could be much worse.

Having bfs has made me part of a group of people on this forum who are caring , supportive, really funny and apriciating life, so for me thats a very good thing.

So go out and enjoy the day,

to all the readers of the forum,

have a wunderfull day,

patrick
HI, i'm a belgian twitcher, finding and giving support on this forum, please forgive the spelling errors, as english is not my native language.greeeeetzzzz
patrick

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to The Lounge (Off-Topic Conversations)