any bfs'ers tennis fans?

Use this area for any non-BFS related conversation

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

My heart is beating for Federer

Postby Nicki on June 10th, 2006, 8:31 am

Hi Mart

I am a great tennisfan and play tennis myself. Of course I will watch the final Federer - Nadal tomorrow. As a swiss lady you know for which player my heart is beating for :D

But I think it will be very hard for Roger to beat Rafa Nadal since he is the best sandcourt tennisplayer at the moment.

Nicki
Nicki

Postby mart_mcg on June 12th, 2006, 6:59 am

well mork, it seems i was right. what's your forfeit? :P

nicki - sorry it wasn't better luck for your countryman! but i'm sure he'll dominate at wimbledon in a couple of weeks as usual.
=]
mart_mcg

Postby Mork on June 12th, 2006, 7:47 am

*beep* and blast it! I think it was my fault he lost.... I came back from my cycle and he was 1 set up and a game up but as soon as I started watching he went to pieces! :) I'll see if I can do the same for Henman this week, Henman v Agassi? might be fun :)

Forfeit? oops, forgot to shake on it :wink:
Mork
Hero
Hero

Postby mart_mcg on June 13th, 2006, 11:38 am

ah, and now we have queen's before wimbledon starts in a couple of weeks. good old rainy queen's. it's been rained off already...and there are only so many filler comments from andrew castle that i can take... :x
=]
mart_mcg

Wimbeldon is coming soon

Postby Nicki on June 13th, 2006, 2:36 pm

Hi guys

Unfortunaly Roger Federer lost his battle on sunday against a great Rafa Nadal :( but my hopes are now in Wimbeldon. I hope he can defend his 3 Wimbeldon champion and can make it a forth time :)

Nicki
Nicki

Postby mart_mcg on June 13th, 2006, 5:47 pm

i'm sure he will nicki, i still consider him unbeatable on grass at the moment.

are you also rooting for your fellow countrywoman martina hingis by any chance? i've been a fan of her's since she won wimbledon nearly ten years ago, and i'm really enjoying her comeback :D
=]
mart_mcg

Postby Mork on June 13th, 2006, 5:49 pm

Have you ever been to Wimbledon Mart?
Mork
Hero
Hero

Postby mart_mcg on June 13th, 2006, 5:52 pm

not yet but i'm hoping me and my mate can get down next year. we're poor students and so couldn't really afford it this year lol, but i really want to put my name in the ballot for 2007.

i guess we could just take a tent, camp out, and wait in line for ground passes. but i don't really do well with tents. or queues. :)
=]
mart_mcg

Postby Mork on June 13th, 2006, 6:02 pm

Ugh, I queued once, never again :? Once you've had a ticket you never want to queue again! :) It's lovely walking right past the queue and straight into the gates :D

You really must go at least once if you're a tennis fan, it's amazing being there, being so close to the action, and the amount of power but so controlled in a small space is fantastic. Oh and then there's the grass, putting your hand down and touching it... oh and then there's the practise courts where you get to see EVERYONE! and they're all laid back and full of smiles and if you're lucky one might say hello!
Mork
Hero
Hero

Opps Roger did it again

Postby Nicki on June 20th, 2006, 9:52 am

Hi Tennis fans

Roger Federer won his 41 th final on a grass court in Halle Germany last Sunday. Now he's a legend like Björg Borg :D I'll pray for him in Wimbledon, too, since he's such a nice guy and is coming from our neihbourhood village :)

Sorry about my s... grammar :cry:

Nicki

God bless you all my friends. we're all on this rollercoaster.
Nicki

Postby Slavin Balen on June 20th, 2006, 1:09 pm

Roger is amazing tennis player. I spoke about him with our top player Ivan Ljubicic. He is respecting Federer also.
Let's see what will happen in Wimbledon...
Slavin
Slavin Balen
Hero
Hero

Postby mart_mcg on June 20th, 2006, 4:44 pm

your grammar is excellent nicki, as is yours slavin. you both put my foreign language skills to shame (i can speak a little german and a little spanish, but i'm probably very inaccurate on both counts!)

roger did indeed do well and certainly poses the biggest threat at wimbledon next week. but lleyton hewitt did well at queen's and looks to have found his former excellence on grass - he'll give fed a run for his money more than anyone else i think, as much as i don't really like the guy.

ljubicic is a class player aswell, definitely underrated and one to watch. our own andy murray, on the other hand, is very over-hyped and no match for any of these guys. he needs a good few years to improve his fitness levels (and his attitude if you ask me).
=]
mart_mcg

Postby Nicki on June 21st, 2006, 5:25 am

Hi Mart and Slavin

Leyton Hewitt is of course a good player on a grass court but Ivan Lubicic is better in my opinion since his serve is really fast especially on grass :)

Let's see what will happen in Wimbledon. I hope the weahter will be great.

Nicki
Nicki

Postby Slavin Balen on June 21st, 2006, 1:02 pm

Mr. Ljubicic had a very unhappy childhood. He was a refugee from Bosnia. Sometimes I can see how his face looks like; without smile, sadness. His family were poor in those days.
Slavin Balen
Hero
Hero

Postby TriJeff on June 21st, 2006, 1:24 pm

Wolverine wrote:Why does it matter? Do people that watch tennis twitch differently than people who don't? I just don't understand why this has to be posted. Or are you just trying to network and market tennis through this forum? Didn't you know you can't use this forum for this kind of thing.

LOL!

I just looked into this. I'm not a tennis fan. I guess this might qualify as an inside joke for BFSers.

Good one!
TriJeff
Saint
Saint

Sponsor

Sponsor

PreviousNext

Return to The Lounge (Off-Topic Conversations)