Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

How 'bout them Mavs???!!!

Postby ryanbabs on June 4th, 2006, 10:18 pm

Any Mavs fans in here? 8)
ryanbabs
Hero
Hero

Postby guinness67 on June 4th, 2006, 10:34 pm

We've seen that the Mavs can come back from a significant deficit to win. It would be nice to see them get an early lead and keep on going. Shaq scares me, but we have about 18 fouls to dish out from Dampier, Diop, Van Horn, etc. Hopefully the Mavs can slow him down.

My wife and son and I went to the Academy on Arbrook today at about 2:30, looking for shoes for my son. The parking lot was full and the store was packed. I would estimate that about 75% of the people were buying Western Conference Champions stuff. I wonder if the people were thinking that this is as far as the Mavs go and they better get their junk. Otherwise, they'll be back in 2 weeks waiting in line again.
guinness67
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby Golfpro on June 4th, 2006, 11:02 pm

I'm glad to see the mav's break through. After all those good teams over the years. I admit I'm a sixer fan. Not much to look forward to. I think the mav's will win in 6.
Golfpro
Hero
Hero

Postby Wolverine on June 5th, 2006, 8:32 am

3 months until football season!

Golfpro,
I wish you could give me a virtual lesson. Was pulling every Iron shot I hit this weekend. Couldn't hit a green. I think I'm going to try turning my right hand over more to weaken my grip. Making solid contact with the ball, just pulling it.
Wolverine
Saint
Saint

Postby ryanbabs on June 5th, 2006, 12:11 pm

Yeah, Shaq called Erik Dampier "Erika"...I think he'll be a key in the series...he didn't play at all against the Suns.
ryanbabs
Hero
Hero

Postby Johnny on June 5th, 2006, 11:04 pm

Ryan,

I think I've developed an ulcer since the playoffs started! Every game, every possesion has been a grind, with the exception of the Memphis series and game 2 against the Spurs. You know - the time when we smoked them like a Thanksgiving turkey? Anyway, I'm a 20 year Mavs fan soaking it all up now.

Johnny
Johnny
Hero
Hero

Postby ryanbabs on June 6th, 2006, 8:12 am

Johnny wrote:Ryan,

I think I've developed an ulcer since the playoffs started! Johnny

Me too...I either go to bed and to work the next day in a good mood or p*ssed off...I know it's just a game, but they've never won it all...and this town is going nuts! I also work in Dallas.
ryanbabs
Hero
Hero

wolverine

Postby Golfpro on June 6th, 2006, 8:46 am

Wolverine, depending on what iron your hitting you might have the ball to far up in your stance. Plus you might be swinging to fast, this will cause you to come up out of your stance to quick and roll your hands over. Common thing for golfers to do is not use enough club and they try to kill it. Use one extra club ,swing easy and let the club do the work. Also check your stance, an open stance will cause you to pull the ball. Shoulders square to target will help to. If your right handed your left shoulder is open to the left it could make the ball go left. Try this on range. Hope this helps.
Golfpro
Hero
Hero

Postby Wolverine on June 6th, 2006, 9:04 am

Golfpro,
Thanks for the advice, I will try this on the range. I thoguht I worked out my overswinging problem a few years back. I was actually taking what felt to me like 3/4 swings since I was pulling everthing but that didn't work. My best iron shots were out of the rough. That is why I'm thinking it might be a clubface positon issue. Maybe when I hit out of the rough, the grass is opening my clubface before impact and keeping it square and not closed. I also think it might be a stance issue since I am not hooking the ball, just pulling it. I've always had a slight draw, so I aim slightly to the right normally, depending on lie, pin position, etc. I thought I was doing that this weekend, but I might be wrong. No need to respond, because I don't want this to turn into a golf lesson forum for you. But I will try your advice on the range. Thanks again!
Wolverine
Saint
Saint

Postby ryanbabs on June 6th, 2006, 12:10 pm

How in the world did my Mavs post turn into a golf post? :shock:
ryanbabs
Hero
Hero

Postby Wolverine on June 6th, 2006, 12:34 pm

ryanbabs,
One thing you should know about me is that I can turn any conversation into a golf or football conversation. They are my passions (besides my family of course).
Wolverine
Saint
Saint

Postby ryanbabs on June 6th, 2006, 1:05 pm

I gotcha on the football...can't wait for this season to start. Do you like college or NFL?

GO COWBOYS!
ryanbabs
Hero
Hero

Postby Wolverine on June 7th, 2006, 10:32 am

Yes! Go Blue and Go Bears!
Wolverine
Saint
Saint

Postby guinness67 on June 12th, 2006, 9:43 am

Just two more to go! I can't believe that Shaq was so ineffective last night.
guinness67
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby ryanbabs on June 13th, 2006, 4:55 pm

We'll see tonight...glad I went to game 1...there probably won't be another in Dallas! :lol:
ryanbabs
Hero
Hero

Sponsor

Sponsor

Next

Return to The Lounge (Off-Topic Conversations)