What's wrong with...us.

Use this area for any non-BFS related conversation

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

What's wrong with...us.

Postby basso on May 13th, 2006, 11:31 am

Most of you will not know me; I was an extremely active poster up until four months ago. My last post was in fact, to brief my cyber-friends on how I, Basso, would be no more. However, today has been a most intense day of introspection, and its opposite, for which there is oddly no word, and so I find myself breaking that vow. You might call it a resurrection of sorts, a second coming...and then going. LOL

Just over a year ago I was in the position of many of you, plummeting to the depths of despair, ferreting out a myriad of "poor me's" in the catacombs of my addled mind, and generally freaking out. Some close associates and family have generously noted that I am a freak anyway, and so freaking out is, for me, merely being consistent.

As luck would have it, I read Arron's "BFS in a Nutshell," believed it, felt completely relieved and then I really got blind sided. However, this time it was by a spirit of joy and as that spirit began to use its fledgling wings, an updraft of love swept me higher. I simply fell in love with life and being alive, and the miracle that I was here at all became my obsession.

When I read the posts here by the "new-comers," and we were all that once, I am struck by how the same question is asked, namely: "what is wrong with me?" The answer is a painful one...the answer is, nothing at all. We are gloriously well, and it is in fact our "perceived illness" which is telling us this, at least I believe this to be so. We have reached that point in our lives where things have reached a breaking point, and so our bodies, very generously provide us with us a catalyst for change by, that’s right, beautifully and amusingly twitching. Now, you might say that you have other symptoms, and isn’t this foot, ankle, elbow twitch unlike anything anyone else has. I’m sorry, but the uniqueness of you does not extend to BFS symptoms, and so you must be content that you are spiritually unique, but painfully ordinary in so far as your twitching (et al) is concerned.

Once you determine, by reason of the birds singing, and the buds bursting forth that you are indeed a creature on this earth, one that is also inclined toward life and living, you will see the flip side of the question. Instead of “what is wrong with me?” you will ask with determination and not a little joy, “what is right with me?” The question almost being a rhetorical one, because the answer of, “a whole bunch of great things,” will be prescient on your twitching, quivering lips.

Can you looked at a mountain, with its scars and jagged edges, having been ravaged by time and the elements, and still not see its utter magnificence. So what if we have scars, for in another light they can be as beauty marks. Our importance is not the identifying of what we think we lack, but rather the embracing of our soul.

I transplanted a maple tree last fall, just before the onset of Winter, and did a frightful job of it. I did all the wrong things, cut the roots to short, didn’t prepare the new hole properly (what? it was cold out that day), and forgot to whisper to the tree that everything would be alright. I even a told a special friend yesterday that it was dead. Well, the tree was not listening to my pronouncements of doom, and just today shot out his sleepy shoots to greet the morning sun. I have since gone out and told him (I’m actually not sure of his gender) that he is a magnificent tree and I am honoured to have him standing thus in my yard. I think he nodded, but I can’t be sure.

Our journeys end is not the overcoming of a few BFS symptoms and then getting on with the status quo, but rather a being open to the loves and joys that can, and will drop in our lap. In the midst of what seems impossible, is often lurking the way to your very life itself. What perfection is I couldn’t say, but what I would say is that, in an amazing world, full of the miracles of life, we are as practically perfect as could be, or perhaps just...almost practically perfect.

Cheers,
Basso
basso
Saint
Saint

Postby wjjw on May 13th, 2006, 6:37 pm

Basso, great to “hear your voice” again. It’s obvious from your posts (old and new) that you are in touch with the “spirit of joy” that you refer to and that you recognize its essence, power, and Reality. The only thing wrong with us is that we often fail to realize that IT is available to us all, all the time, no matter what the situation is, if we simply have the “eyes to see.” All we need to do is open them. Have a great spring.
A knowledge of the existence of something we cannot penetrate, of the manifestations of the profoundest reason and the most radiant beauty, which are only accessible to our reason in their most elementary forms--Albert Einstein
wjjw
Saint
Saint

Postby SuziQ on May 14th, 2006, 12:01 am

Hiya Basso....

SOOOOOOOOO awesome to see you again. We've missed you. :cry:

Hey, why don'tcha hang out a while, I'm getting awfully wonewy holding down the fort here on my own.

What a beautiful, special and incredibly timely post. I'm glad to hear about your tree. Those maples sure are faithful, eh?

I've read that the less one coddles or pampers a tree, the stronger it becomes because the roots have to dig in even deeper for sustenance. My husband has been trying to teach me the same lesson with our credit cards, but all it's doing is making me cranky. 8)

I must admit, I mildly object to your tree being a "he..." why not a "she?" We gals can be just as tenacious and stubborn as the next guy. :wink:

Blessings,
Sue
SuziQ
Saint
Saint

Postby Mork on May 14th, 2006, 4:13 am

SuziQ wrote:..I'm getting awfully wonewy holding down the fort here on my own.
? :shock:
Mork
Hero
Hero

Postby SuziQ on May 14th, 2006, 7:21 am

LOL. Whoops, sorry there Mork.

Didn't mean to step on your twitching cyber-toes. :shock:

Forgive me? I was just trying to use guilt to bring Basso back to the forum. I know, it was a most shameful display. :oops:

Blessings,
Sue
SuziQ
Saint
Saint

Postby Mork on May 14th, 2006, 7:45 am

LOL! :D
Mork
Hero
Hero

Postby Christina on May 14th, 2006, 12:49 pm

Oh gosh!

I forgot that I don't post too much anymore either. But when I saw the delightful Basso and the adorable Suzi Q on a post together again..I had to post that it seemed like old times to me.

Not all of my old times were good (do to my own insanity), but you two and a few wonderful others were the ones who helped me to help myself become well.

SO when I stopped in today and saw BASSO on a post, a smile from ear to ear popped onto my face. Good to see you Buddy. I agree with Sue, stay a while. I think that a lot of these new twitchers need you.

Love,

Christina
Christina
Saint
Saint

Postby mml on May 16th, 2006, 7:27 pm

Basso
I too am glad to see a post from you. Glad you are well but I do miss some of the walks you used to take us on. Hope to see more of you
mml
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby JodiD on May 16th, 2006, 10:16 pm

So basso, you're back! I knew you couldn't stay away for too long.

Well hey, I have a tree story too. I planted a flowering pear 2 years ago, and it was doing beautifully until this past winter when gophers apparently dined on its roots. Suffice it to say that there are no green shoots greeting the morning sun. Do you think this has any bearing on my BFS? :lol:

Anyway, welcome back.

Jodi
JodiD
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby basso on May 18th, 2006, 3:48 pm

Do you think this has any bearing on my BFS?

Uh...um...I can not think of an adequately funny response to this, and so you must post again and give me a second try at striking the right balance between irony and humour.

I had thought of talking about the sexual proclivities of gophers but then...if you are still unattached you might take that the wrong way and think that I am poking fun at you. Something, as you know, I would never ever do.

If there is any correlation between your bfs and your tree dying it would be that, in my four month hiatus, you did not pm me once, and hence as a forgotten, once important member of the BFS-Inner Circle, a part of my heart withered and died. If it were not for the impressive pms by lynxminx, professing great affection for me, surely I would have met the same fate as your poor tree.

cheers,
Basso
basso
Saint
Saint

Postby Schuey on May 20th, 2006, 1:27 pm

Oh God Basso, I have missed you! I haven't been around too much, so only just saw your posting.

Just lovely to hear your words again......

Schueyxxxxxxxxx
Schuey
Saint
Saint

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to The Lounge (Off-Topic Conversations)