Newbie! Chronic Stress an instigator of BCFS???????

Use this area for any non-BFS related conversation

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Newbie! Chronic Stress an instigator of BCFS???????

Postby Angel Trinity 5 on February 19th, 2006, 4:01 am

:D Hi everyone, just a quick hx of my life since 2002, my one and only beloved daughter dx with AML-m7 Rare Leukemia fought for her life for 15 long months, ever since then I have been a physical wreck, the BFS started in January 2005 and I was on ativan at the same time, so I went off of it c/t which I shouldnt have and suffered w/d syx non stop for 6 months, from internal electrical shocks to muscle twitching and muscle spasms and of course intense muscle cramping!

I have been tested for neuro muscular diseases which I am free of, but I do have posititve ANA antibodies and a very high TPO antibodies as well against my thyroid, but the endocrine system hates benzodiazapines as well.

I believe that my chronic stress with my daughter being very ill, my continued chronic stress and hashimotos thyroiditis is to blame, can anyone here relate to chronic stressors bringing about their bfs?

I am taking valium now to conteract all the w/d side effects that has left my CNS damaged for life it seems, the valium has been a life saver so far against the annoying bfs!

I have been on 15mg of valium since August of 2005 and now I am currently on 6.5mg of valium. I wean .5mg every 14 days, and the muscle twitches dont seem to complain since I am weaning off of the valium very slowly as per the Ashton Manual Protocol.

I do miss my daughter the most and also my perfect health before all of this mess.

Sincerely,

Elaine

Thanks for listening.......... :(
http://www.trinitysdiary.com ~ Gone is the love of my Life ~ I will see you again soon my Angel ~ BFS flare up after bronchitis, it really is painful too! ~
Angel Trinity 5

water1

Postby klag on February 19th, 2006, 8:36 am

sorry to here that , had to be hard for you. i dont know what to say other that i hope she is in gods loving hands and becomes your gaurdian angel.
klag
Hero
Hero

Postby CJH on February 19th, 2006, 2:29 pm

First I am sorry for your loss.
Yes believe my twitches were at leat part triggered after a period of stress.
I feel that my twitches kicked off after a long and intense period of stress at work. I am a physician and some of my patients have chronic liver problems. I lost four patients from slightly different forms of the same disease during a very busy spell just before xmas. There is a lot of other stress at work with colleagues (not me) under both internal and external investigation (british medical regulation is in a real mess!!!!). Our hospital is also under intense financial pressure that is affecting everyone and moral is low.
Just writing that makes me feel tense. So this is the important bit. I have a good job with great rewards both financial and personal. I am married with a great wife and three lively boys. I live in a wonderful part of the world with stable government and little hardship. I have holidays planned with friends and family (including a trip to Orlando this year). So I need to concentrate on the good bits. That helps me relax.

Even so I have never suffered a loss like yours but know how much I love everyone in my family.
I hope your health improves and the twitches diminish.
CJH

Postby wjjw on February 19th, 2006, 5:40 pm

Elaine – Welcome to the board. I’m very sorry about your daughter, and can only imagine how much you miss her. I believe beyond the flicker of a doubt that those in spirit are closer to us in the physical world than we realize, separated only by a subtle level of consciousness. When you think of her, and send her love, she feels it, and the bond will never be broken. In your signature line, you say that you will see her again—that is indeed a statement of fact. God bless you both.
A knowledge of the existence of something we cannot penetrate, of the manifestations of the profoundest reason and the most radiant beauty, which are only accessible to our reason in their most elementary forms--Albert Einstein
wjjw
Saint
Saint

Thank you!

Postby Angel Trinity 5 on February 19th, 2006, 8:19 pm

CJH wrote:First I am sorry for your loss.
Yes believe my twitches were at leat part triggered after a period of stress.
I feel that my twitches kicked off after a long and intense period of stress at work. I am a physician and some of my patients have chronic liver problems. I lost four patients from slightly different forms of the same disease during a very busy spell just before xmas. There is a lot of other stress at work with colleagues (not me) under both internal and external investigation (british medical regulation is in a real mess!!!!). Our hospital is also under intense financial pressure that is affecting everyone and moral is low.
Just writing that makes me feel tense. So this is the important bit. I have a good job with great rewards both financial and personal. I am married with a great wife and three lively boys. I live in a wonderful part of the world with stable government and little hardship. I have holidays planned with friends and family (including a trip to Orlando this year). So I need to concentrate on the good bits. That helps me relax.

Even so I have never suffered a loss like yours but know how much I love everyone in my family.
I hope your health improves and the twitches diminish.

Thank you DOCTOR!

Glad to have finally met one on the internet forums!

Taking one day at a time does heal, and enjoy your vacation and one quick
bit of advice! Hug your kids more often, enjoy the softness of those wonderful pudgy cheeks and kiss them more often too! They just grow up way toooooo fast!

Thanks for your encouraging words!

Sincerely,

Elaine :D
http://www.trinitysdiary.com ~ Gone is the love of my Life ~ I will see you again soon my Angel ~ BFS flare up after bronchitis, it really is painful too! ~
Angel Trinity 5

Postby Angel Trinity 5 on February 19th, 2006, 8:21 pm

wjjw wrote:Elaine – Welcome to the board. I’m very sorry about your daughter, and can only imagine how much you miss her. I believe beyond the flicker of a doubt that those in spirit are closer to us in the physical world than we realize, separated only by a subtle level of consciousness. When you think of her, and send her love, she feels it, and the bond will never be broken. In your signature line, you say that you will see her again—that is indeed a statement of fact. God bless you both.

WJJW, so very, very true! I had a wonderful dream!

http://www.his-forever.com/finally_i_saw_her.htm

Ever since then, I have healed more so emotionally too!

Sincerely,

Elaine :)
Angel Trinity 5

Re: water1

Postby Angel Trinity 5 on February 19th, 2006, 8:22 pm

klag wrote:sorry to here that , had to be hard for you. i dont know what to say other that i hope she is in gods loving hands and becomes your gaurdian angel.

Klag, I know for a fact that my angel is in Gods loving hands, and that she is my most favorite angel too, my room is filled with them!

Sincerely,

Elaine :wink:
Angel Trinity 5

Postby Christina on February 19th, 2006, 10:59 pm

Hi Elaine,

As a Mom I can't imagine your pain. Time will not heal but it will become the beauty that you will remember and not the pain.

Your twitches were most definately caused by stress.

Glad that you found "us" here, hope we can all help you.

God Bless,

Christina
Christina
Saint
Saint

Postby Angel Trinity 5 on February 20th, 2006, 1:49 am

Thank you all for the warm welcome! :P

Elaine
Angel Trinity 5

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to The Lounge (Off-Topic Conversations)